DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Media Zone > Dodge Ram Videos

Notices

Dodge Ram Videos Post links to cool Dodge Ram Videos here!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-14-2014, 04:43 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:156
SShadow1974 has a spectacular aura aboutSShadow1974 has a spectacular aura about
Default So I just saved someone...

... paying a lot of money out of their pocket to fix their car.

Was driving up a street in my 'hood when my dash cam catches the following:

The quality of video from PhotoBucket sucks... But you should get the idea.

So I turned around and the guy in the white GMC left. So I went home, burned the video to disc and when to the house that the car was parked outside. It was the owner, so I told her what I saw and gave her the disc and my info. There were two guys sitting in a dump truck across the street where they're working on paving a driveway. The woman asks them if they know who drives the white truck that hit her car because she was sure the guy worked with them. The two guys at first feign ignorance as to who was driving the truck. Then when I describe the truck and that we have video of it, one of the guy says that the truck didn't hit the car because there was no damage to the truck. So the woman goes back into her house and I leave.

So I'm heading into Costco when as I am driving, I happen to see the GMC at a gas station. I pull in and whip out my camera which I capture him wiping down the side of his truck. I also capture his license plate.
(Sorry for the sideways video... I can't figure out how to rotate video in my video editor - need a better one.)

Feeling a little vindicated that I can provide even better information to the cops if necessary, I continue in to Costco.
While I am at the checkout, my phone rings. I figure it's the cops. Nope, it's the husband of the wife of the car.

He proceeds to tell me that one of the guys in the dump truck went to the house to get their phone number so the owner of the white truck could call them. Obviously as soon as the guys heard we had video, they called their boss (the driver of the truck) told him we have video... and he decided to make right.

He called the owners and offered to pay to have everything fixed to make it right. He provided them with his insurance and contact information.

So I just saved those poor people a huge bill.

Here is a pic of the damage to their car:

Last edited by SShadow1974; 05-14-2014 at 04:55 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 05-14-2014, 05:53 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 CC
Trim Level: Laramie Crew
Color: Western Brown two tone (Hershey Bar)
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:39
jlc41 is on a distinguished road

Nice job. That would have been a rude awakening to say the lest.
tint, drop in bed liner, Avs window shades, Raptor bed rails, Dee Zee tail gate damper, Genos cabin air filter, Bak Roll-x cover, Weather tech mud flaps, Recon Xtrem tailgate bar, Moroso catch can, DoMore Slide Step, 5/16 Dual pin stripe, Reese lighted hitch cover, Master lock for hitch receiver, Truxedo bed lites, Hunter SS bull bar, Road Runner embroidered head rests, Plasticolor rear flaps with metal Ram logo, Mopar sill plates.
Old 05-14-2014, 06:05 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 Lone Star Crew Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Lone Star 4x4
Color: White
Rep:16
4GoatsOnly is on a distinguished road

Nice job video doesn't lie.

Duane

bayougoatmounts
Old 05-14-2014, 06:33 PM
Team Bully

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 QC TRX4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:1722
ShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant future

That is awesome!! I hope at sometime this good deed will get returned to you when you need a little help.
Old 05-14-2014, 09:24 PM

SShadow1974 has a spectacular aura aboutSShadow1974 has a spectacular aura about

I dropped off the 2nd video and the pic of the license plate... They have taken the car to get an estimate done... Near $4000 to make it like new. I'm really glad I bought my dash cam now.
Old 05-14-2014, 09:54 PM
Addicted to the Z

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 Limited
Trim Level: Crew Cab 4X4 Limited
Color: PX8 Black
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:2471
RansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Kudos to you for taking the time to help out. We need more people like you to make people do the right thing if they damage someone else's property.
Old 05-14-2014, 10:08 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Express
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:13
C2Hemi is on a distinguished road

What comes around goes around!
Old 05-14-2014, 10:45 PM

Thanks. I am a firm believer in karma. I try to do unto others as I want done unto me. Or however the saying goes. It literally cost me nothing but two DVDs and a bit of my time - yet it will save them their insurance deductible and increased payments when they renew. I don't know these people, but they seem very nice to me. I hope they have a chance to pay it forward to someone in need.

And hopefully will make the GMC driver a little more careful next time. He could REALLY be in trouble if the cops were brought into this because he left the scene of an accident. Bad enough he's driving an ugly truck.
Old 05-15-2014, 11:39 AM

Vehicle: 2007 1500 Mega Cab 4X4 3.73
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Inferno Red
Rep:185
namretsud has a spectacular aura aboutnamretsud has a spectacular aura about

Wish someone had done that with my son's 200. His cost was just over 3g's. He got the police to come over and it is logged as a hit and run. Because it is registered as a hit and run he pays no deductable and no increase in his insurance rates. His whole drivers back quarter had to be cut out and replaced on a car he had barely had 3 weeks. It was hit by a Maroon 4x4 but the witness didn't see the plate.
Old 05-16-2014, 10:48 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4
Trim Level: Sport quad cab
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Rep:360
starquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nice

Takes a real douche bag to do that to someone else's property (even by accident) and then leave. Obviously doesn't subscribe to the "do unto others as you want them to do unto you" philosophy.

I was at work a few weeks back and came across a wreck that had just happened and the at fault vehicle had fled the scene. Tracked the coolant trail until I lost it and then just cruised the area until I found the suspect vehicle parked at a car lot with other cars that were for sale. Looked a little out of place sitting there with the front end torn off, lol. That driver had a bad day and we were able to make it right for the victim. Always good when it works out that way.
06-08 chrome clads w/33" Cooper Discoverer H/T Plus, Mopar tailgate spoiler, debadged door trim & tailgate emblems, 13" antenna, LED dome & maps, Magnaflow 22" SI/DO, 18% tint, "HEMI" hood spears, VHT tinted tails & third brake light, Lamin-x optic blue fogs, leveled w/McGaughys 2" drop shackles.