DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Drag Racing Discussion

Notices

Drag Racing Discussion Post your questions and info about how to best get these beasts down the 1320!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-11-2014, 01:27 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 Ram Crew 2WD
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Black
Rep:252
CHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantman View Post
Those are nice numbers there CHVYKLR! If you were in a RCSB with those numbers, I'd say you could give a Stang a run for its money.
Thanks. The forged stroker with more boost and meth is in the final stages.
Old 06-11-2014, 11:39 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport Crew
Color: True Blue Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1101
LowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud of

Threads like this are awesome cuz they give us a chance to tell stories about people who drive vehicles that aren't like ours. I see people at Home Depot all the time trying to load 2x4s into their cars. It's always fun to load up the bed of the truck and honk as I drive past while they are struggling to figure out how to squeeze lumber into their Corollas. It must be in their gene pool..
Old 06-12-2014, 05:53 PM

Vehicle: 2013 DODGE RAM 1500
Trim Level: Express
Color: SILVER
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:20
HammerHead is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 View Post
Three times so far this year, I've been accosted by big fat pickup trucks while I'm just out cruising in my 2013 5.0 Mustang, and each time it's been a Ram! Wth is going on?

The first time was about two months ago, on a 50 mph road with stoplights about every 1/2 mile. Some old jackwagon in a newer black Ram starts revving his engine next to me. I thought he was having a stroke or something, so I just watched in amazement as he squealed away when the light turned green.

I chalked that one up to a mentally unstable person and forgot about it. Then a few weeks ago another Ram pulled alongside me on the highway and starts speeding up and slowing down next to me. I couldn't really believe that he wanted to race me, and I just assumed that he was part of the same family tree as the first nut, and I went about my business and he eventually squealed away.

That got my curious about Rams, so I looked them up on the internet and was not surprised to find out that they are very heavy and quite slow, which is what I suspected.

So this past Friday night I'm out with a buddy, and a 3rd Ram again starts revving at my at a light. At this point I said you have got to be kidding me, so when the light turned green I romped on it and dropped about 10 lengths on the Ram. I wait at the next light for the guy to finally show up, and of course he's staring straight ahead like nothing happened, but his engine is idling normally instead of revving up to 5k. Funny how that works.

Did I just happen to run into the 3 dumbest guys in the world, by coincidence, or is there something in the Ram gene pool that I should know about?
BTW they are a cool looking truck, so when I buy a house and I don't need something fast, I would definitely consider a Ram.

Welcome to the site. We need to get you into a 4th Generation Ram and then you will understand. It really is the ultimate driving machine. And ill run you any day on the street.
Old 06-12-2014, 06:51 PM

Vehicle: 2013 DODGE RAM 1500
Trim Level: Express
Color: SILVER
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:20
HammerHead is on a distinguished road

Just looked up the specs for the 5.0 stang, 420hp and 390tq. Not to bad but not impressed. With a manual tranny and lighter no doubt it's fast but not that fast. There are a lot of Ram out there and on this forum that would eat that Stang up. Happy hunting 5.0, eventually you'll fine one that will you away.
Beautiful 5.0 btw!!
Old 06-18-2014, 11:46 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 Mustang
Rep:16
5.0 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
And ill run you any day on the street.
Do not take offense, but I think starquestbd22 had guys like you in mind when he posted! At + 1000 to 1500 lbs over me, -30 hp, and with worse aero, worse gearing, and worse weight distribution, you are not the type of vehicle that I'm going to be racing anywhere.
Now, my mom has a sweet v6 Camry that would probably be a good run for you. Try to catch her with a back seat full of tomato plants and you might have a shot!
Old 06-19-2014, 01:09 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram RCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:539
BlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of light

I've dusted a few 5 point Oh's already,

I can Launch at full throttle, 500whp, 3K stall torque converter with 4WD traction
Lowered Reg Cab Short Box 4x4, about 10psi Boost via Vortech V3 Supercharger, water/meth injected.

When I'm at the track I run 4 dedicated 28" drag radials on light aluminum 17" wheels,
But even at full weight in street trim I can hit 4 seconds 0-60 with my heavy 20's with big@ass 305/50R20 Terra Grapplers.

a suppose a stang can do about that too,
but only if you can get it to hook on the street with just 2WD.

Murdered.. Lowered.. Alcohol Injected ..Blowered! 500WHP
Old 06-19-2014, 01:48 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black Base, DMC Custom Marbled Paint w/Fleck
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
ConsideringNew is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 View Post
Now, my mom has a sweet v6 Camry that would probably be a good run for you. Try to catch her with a back seat full of tomato plants and you might have a shot!
@ 5.0 - I'll give you credit for one thing, you're funny! That was a good one. The better question is: Would I have a shot with your mom? I mean, is she hot?

Last edited by ConsideringNew; 06-19-2014 at 11:10 AM.
Old 06-19-2014, 01:12 PM

Vehicle: 2003 hemi ram
Trim Level: Slt
Color: Flame red
Rep:26
Redhemi03 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRamHemi View Post
I've dusted a few 5 point Oh's already,

I can Launch at full throttle, 500whp, 3K stall torque converter with 4WD traction
Lowered Reg Cab Short Box 4x4, about 10psi Boost via Vortech V3 Supercharger, water/meth injected.

When I'm at the track I run 4 dedicated 28" drag radials on light aluminum 17" wheels,
But even at full weight in street trim I can hit 4 seconds 0-60 with my heavy 20's with big@ass 305/50R20 Terra Grapplers.

a suppose a stang can do about that too,
but only if you can get it to hook on the street with just 2WD.

and thennnnnnnnnnnnnnn...... new transmission !!!!! just like me lol, on number four in my 03 qc, but al of mine were junk yard transmissions.
Old 06-19-2014, 01:37 PM
IAMCANADIAN

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Deep Water Blue Pearl Coat
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:41
SweetLeaf is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to SweetLeaf

Luv it when the young piss n vinegar's come out with their my car will kick your........pffftttttt whatever
Box Spray Liner, Rail Sides, Undercarriage Spray, Paint Protection, BakFlip G2 Tonneau Cover, Diablo T-1000 Tuner, K&N CAI, Flowmaster American Thunder - Cat Back Exhaust, Anzo Smoked Head/Tail/Cab Lights, Billet locking Fuel Door, Black Mopar Rims, Stripes on Sport Hood/ Ram Emblem on Back Fenders, Limo tint back windows/20 Front, Led Sport Hood Vents
Old 06-19-2014, 02:48 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Patriot Blue
Rep:1900
gonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant future

do you wear white sunglasses with your shirt off when you drive your mustang?

haha. 5.0 are nice. still wouldn't dive one. but I definitely laugh at the tool bags in their v6 mustangs with their white oakleys and no shirt on and the top down. those dudes think they are bad. no self respecting man should drive a v6 mustang. but that's not the topic at hand.

some Guys can do good work to these rams and make them fast as hell. so do be careful. but I would say you are right, and normal stock ram shouldn't be toying with you, but with some $$ and things done right you'd be surprised who you could get your ass handed to you by.
JVC Arsenal KD, Bilstein 5100 adjustables [maxed], aFe Stage 2 Air Intake, Superchips 3865, Husky Floor Mats, Saddleman Camo Seat Covers, Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler SI/DO, 20 % Tint. 35x12.5x17 Federal Couragia M/T, 17x8.5 VTEC Warlord wheels, -12mm offest.