DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2014 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2014 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2014 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-08-2014, 07:33 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:10
ggamannom is on a distinguished road
Default In the Market.

Signed up because I'll be joining the family soon!! With that said, I'm still in the process of deciding what I truly want...

I know I want the Ram... in Hemi of course and the 4x4. Leaning heavily towards the Crew since I know I'll be hauling bodies around more often than objects.

I was really torn between the Sport and the Big Horn... heart says get Sport but brain and bank balance tells me Big Horn. Only reason I'd want the sport is for the hood and the headlights. With that said, what exactly is the difference between the Big Horn headlights and the Sport headlights? If I like HID's, which I love, am I going to be regretting the decision to go Big Horn over Sport?

Thanks all and hope to be active here!
Sponsored links
Old 06-08-2014, 08:06 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1997 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 1994-1997 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp
Rep:12
tweener439 is on a distinguished road

I'm pretty sure all the Sport models have the full floor console in the front middle, I could be mistaken. You can get Big Horns with or without the floor console. So if you're looking for the capability of hauling six people, you'll need a model w/out the console. I know the Sports are enough more money for me not to be lured by the cool looking hood. As for the headlights and taillights, you can actually get them on the Black Ram Express model, which I've found currently in a crew cab for just under $31K @ Dennis Dillon Dodge across the state from me here in Idaho. Happy hunting.
Old 06-08-2014, 08:50 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:15
MissouriRam is on a distinguished road

You should be able to get the hood- I believe it's called the "Sport Performance Hood". As far as the headlights, you can find a few companies selling the headlights and the LED tail lights and have them installed if you like. The headlights ARE projectors, however they ARE NOT HID bulbs. You'll have to go aftermarket and buy an HID kit if you want the headlights to be HID.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggamannom View Post
Signed up because I'll be joining the family soon!! With that said, I'm still in the process of deciding what I truly want...

I know I want the Ram... in Hemi of course and the 4x4. Leaning heavily towards the Crew since I know I'll be hauling bodies around more often than objects.

I was really torn between the Sport and the Big Horn... heart says get Sport but brain and bank balance tells me Big Horn. Only reason I'd want the sport is for the hood and the headlights. With that said, what exactly is the difference between the Big Horn headlights and the Sport headlights? If I like HID's, which I love, am I going to be regretting the decision to go Big Horn over Sport?

Old 06-11-2014, 01:19 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Trim Level: Laramie QC
Color: Blue Streak Pearlcoat
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:25
dleininger is on a distinguished road

Follow your heart, Sport for the win!
Old 06-11-2014, 01:42 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 3500 Dually 4x4
Trim Level: Limited, 8ft bed
Color: Deep Cherry Red
Engine: 2013-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 385hp 850lb/ft (Aisin ASC69RC Automatic)
Rep:24
2014 Limited 3500 is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Non of the trucks come with HID's. You must be referring to the projector lights, they use a conventional light bulb with a European style headlight assembly. There are threads on this forum about converting to HID's and the name of the company that comes up the most is **************** which seems to have the solutions to using HID's in the modern electronic filled trucks we own.
Here is a link to their site, it's definitely worth reading up on. If you have basic electrical skills you should be able to pull it off.
http://****************.net/index.php

{Edit} Doesn't look like they will let me post the name of the company or a link here although this forum is where I got this valuable information from.
For anyone that wants this info send me a message and I'll respond to it...

I don't have any connections to this company or have I bought anything from them but I have bought kits from other companies and this company seems to be better at resolving electronic issues better and providing more helpful information then the one I have bought from in the past.

Last edited by 2014 Limited 3500; 06-11-2014 at 01:55 PM.
Old 06-11-2014, 03:32 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram Sport CC 4X4
Rep:12
Ram18 is on a distinguished road

Big Horn would have been my second choice. I like the appearance of the Sport better (headlights, grille, bumpers, door handles, mirrors) and wanted the optional hood as well. I also really like the LED lighting in the front/back and the side mirrors too. Not sure whether the Big Horn comes with the courtesy LED ground lighting in the side mirrors when you unlock the truck. I also like the optional push start button. Keeping the key in your pocket and not having to take it out to unlock/lock or start the truck is (not necessary) but pretty darn cool to have. The folding mirrors at the touch of a button are helpful too. I also like the leather stitching on the dash and other surroundings as opposed to harder plastics. Lastly, since I wanted leather seating, I had to at least get the Sport as it is not available on the BH. The extra cost of the Sport has been worth it to me as I'm completely satisfied.

Last edited by Ram18; 06-11-2014 at 03:35 PM.
Old 06-11-2014, 03:37 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 6'4"
Rep:11
jrtubb is on a distinguished road

The Big Horn can get leather now and courtesy ground lights in the mirrors. You can also get the sport wheels, just not the headlights and hood.
Old 06-11-2014, 06:39 PM

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 R/T
Trim Level: R/T Sport
Color: Silver
Rep:24
Ramajama is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Get the one that really trips your trigger. As long as it doesn't put you in the poorhouse, get the Sport. If money really IS a concern, then get the Big Horn and maybe slowly upgrade it.
But if you can truly afford it, get the Sport cause I know you want it. LOL!!

FWIW, Ive seen Sports in many price ranges. You can still find Sports with the hood that may be less equipped than other Sports so it will cost less, you just gotta dig.
Old 06-11-2014, 07:56 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

ggamannom is on a distinguished road

Yeah.. first I was really excited about the sport but I think I'll probably regret it later looking at monthly payments and I'm getting a great deal on the Big Horn right now, already looking up upgrades

Thinking get a truck below budget and fill that budget up with mods to make my truck unique you know?? Excited to be joining the RAM family real soon guys
Old 06-11-2014, 08:01 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 sport ram crew cab
Color: White
08superbee513 is on a distinguished road

go sport 8spd you will not regret it.