DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - Dodge Cummins Diesel


Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - Dodge Cummins Diesel Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!


Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-12-2014, 10:53 PM
Giants89's Avatar
Giants89 Giants89 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Hampton, Virginia
Age: 25
Posts: 148
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 2500
Trim Level: TRX 4
Color: Blue
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:48
Giants89 is on a distinguished road
Default 2010 Cummins TRX 4

Hey all! I may pull the trigger on a 2500 Cummins, TRX edition this saturday. I just can't seem to drop this diesel fever which I've had for years now! Should have just purchased a Cummins instead of my Hemi, but you live and learn.. Anyways, I will be trading my 12' Sport QC in for the 2500. The dealership offered 27,000 for my truck, but I' am trying to get them up to 28,000. Just wanted to know from some fellow Cummins owner's wether or not this truck is a good deal. Here is the link..

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...64102502&Log=0

The truck looks super clean and is already deleted and leveled. Also, the truck comes with a brand new RaceMe tuner and the Trail Grapplers. I will be losing some convenient features such as, backup camera, sensors, navigation and the Uconnect touch screen, but I' am willing to sacrifice these for the Cummins. Plus I have plenty of mods planned out for the truck. Hopefully the pictures serve justice and the truck looks this good in person. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Quick question before I sign off. The TRX 4 edition just has the full skid plates and such, correct? Anything else that is offered with this package? Thanks again, I will post pics if I buy it.
__________________
DPF Deleted_H&S performance EGR Delete_5" turbo back exhaust_RaceMe tuned_35x12.5 Nitto's_Recon Tails & 3rd Brake light.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #2  
Old 06-13-2014, 11:43 AM
dleininger's Avatar
dleininger dleininger is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Stafford, VA
Age: 28
Posts: 751
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500
Trim Level: Laramie QC
Color: Blue Streak Pearlcoat
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:25
dleininger is on a distinguished road
Default

Sorry, no experience with Cummins, but I love the look of that one you've picked out! Good luck!
__________________
2014 RAM Laramie QC, Blue Streak Pearlcoat, 8 spd, 3.92
Mods: Speedlogix BT catch can, K&N drop in, stubby antenna, mopar slushmats
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-13-2014, 01:43 PM
brandonjansen's Avatar
brandonjansen brandonjansen is offline
Lifted Cummins Fanatic


 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Abbotsford, BC, Canada
Age: 22
Posts: 5,331
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep Power: 7
Rep:1946
brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future
Default

Seems to be a pretty good deal to me. Overall a nice looking truck, fairly low miles, already tuned and deleted which is a bonus, tires look brand new. I'd say go for it.
__________________

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Cummins Build Thread
8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2
EST 500 hp/1268 ft-lbs at FW | H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | S&B Intake w/ Scoop
Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-13-2014, 04:19 PM
Giants89's Avatar
Giants89 Giants89 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Hampton, Virginia
Age: 25
Posts: 148
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 2500
Trim Level: TRX 4
Color: Blue
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:48
Giants89 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjansen View Post
Seems to be a pretty good deal to me. Overall a nice looking truck, fairly low miles, already tuned and deleted which is a bonus, tires look brand new. I'd say go for it.
Thanks Brandon! I know the 2007-2010 6.7's are not the "High Output" engines that put out 850 ft. lbs of torque but the delete's should definitely bump those numbers up a bit.
__________________
DPF Deleted_H&S performance EGR Delete_5" turbo back exhaust_RaceMe tuned_35x12.5 Nitto's_Recon Tails & 3rd Brake light.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-13-2014, 04:48 PM
brandonjansen's Avatar
brandonjansen brandonjansen is offline
Lifted Cummins Fanatic


 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Abbotsford, BC, Canada
Age: 22
Posts: 5,331
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep Power: 7
Rep:1946
brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future
Default

Yup, once tuned and deleted they're all the same anyway. The only difference between the 650 ft-lbs with and the 800 ft-lbs Cummins with the 68rfe is the tuning and torque converter.
__________________

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Cummins Build Thread
8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2
EST 500 hp/1268 ft-lbs at FW | H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | S&B Intake w/ Scoop
Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-15-2014, 01:31 AM
Giants89's Avatar
Giants89 Giants89 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Hampton, Virginia
Age: 25
Posts: 148
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 2500
Trim Level: TRX 4
Color: Blue
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:48
Giants89 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjansen View Post
Yup, once tuned and deleted they're all the same anyway. The only difference between the 650 ft-lbs with and the 800 ft-lbs Cummins with the 68rfe is the tuning and torque converter.
Well I bought the truck. Will post pictures tomorrow. Seems to me the truck has a full 4-5 inch exhaust, DPF delete of course and EGR delete. A RaceMe Tuner still wrapped in shrink wrap also came with the purchase.

Unfortunately the truck needs new brakes. It sounds as if the right front rotor is warped. The dealer wrote me a contract stating they will pay for the new brakes. So I will be finding somewhere to get new brakes installed.. The 35" Nitto's do rub slightly when the wheel is turned all the way. The inner side wall rubs on what seems to be the frame. Any way to fix this? Also the steering feels a bit loose while driving at highway speeds, around 65-75 mph.. Can this be due to the 35" Trail Grapplers? Should I be running steering stabilizers? Besides those three minor imperfections, the truck is amazing. So ecstatic to me a Cummins owner, and start the modding!
__________________
DPF Deleted_H&S performance EGR Delete_5" turbo back exhaust_RaceMe tuned_35x12.5 Nitto's_Recon Tails & 3rd Brake light.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-15-2014, 01:50 PM
brandonjansen's Avatar
brandonjansen brandonjansen is offline
Lifted Cummins Fanatic


 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Abbotsford, BC, Canada
Age: 22
Posts: 5,331
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep Power: 7
Rep:1946
brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants89 View Post
Well I bought the truck. Will post pictures tomorrow. Seems to me the truck has a full 4-5 inch exhaust, DPF delete of course and EGR delete. A RaceMe Tuner still wrapped in shrink wrap also came with the purchase.

Unfortunately the truck needs new brakes. It sounds as if the right front rotor is warped. The dealer wrote me a contract stating they will pay for the new brakes. So I will be finding somewhere to get new brakes installed.. The 35" Nitto's do rub slightly when the wheel is turned all the way. The inner side wall rubs on what seems to be the frame. Any way to fix this? Also the steering feels a bit loose while driving at highway speeds, around 65-75 mph.. Can this be due to the 35" Trail Grapplers? Should I be running steering stabilizers? Besides those three minor imperfections, the truck is amazing. So ecstatic to me a Cummins owner, and start the modding!

Congrats on the purchase!

The tires are probably rubbing on the control arms. That's very typical when putting larger tires on a 2500. Wheel spacers or wheels with a more negative offset would help that problem.

As far as the steering goes I would install a steering box brace for starters. He'll Bent Steel makes a good one for about $150; that's what I'm running. An aftermarket track bar would also help tighten it up. There is a stock steering stabilizer on the truck. You could upgrade it but it won't really tighten up the steering.
__________________

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Cummins Build Thread
8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2
EST 500 hp/1268 ft-lbs at FW | H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | S&B Intake w/ Scoop
Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-15-2014, 11:12 PM
Giants89's Avatar
Giants89 Giants89 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Hampton, Virginia
Age: 25
Posts: 148
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 2500
Trim Level: TRX 4
Color: Blue
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:48
Giants89 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjansen View Post
Congrats on the purchase!

The tires are probably rubbing on the control arms. That's very typical when putting larger tires on a 2500. Wheel spacers or wheels with a more negative offset would help that problem.

As far as the steering goes I would install a steering box brace for starters. He'll Bent Steel makes a good one for about $150; that's what I'm running. An aftermarket track bar would also help tighten it up. There is a stock steering stabilizer on the truck. You could upgrade it but it won't really tighten up the steering.
Thank you Brandon! Yes you are correct about the tires rubbing on the control arms. The rubbing is starting to wear some of the paint right off the control arms. Should I purchase the HBS steer box brace, even though the truck has 56,000 miles. I noticed on their website, a disclaimer is posted on the description of the stabilizer.

It states, "The HBS Dodge Ram Steering Stabilizer Bar Kit is not intended or designed to be used as a replacement for a worn-out gearbox or other steering components. The stabilizer bar kit will improve handling and extend the life of a properly functioning steering gearbox. If your steering box is worn out, we strongly suggest replacing it, and also installing the stabilizer bar kit to make sure your steering remains safe and your box lasts as long as your truck."

I'm not to sure wether or not my steering gearbox is worn out or not, so now I' am hesitant to spend $150 on this part. How can I tell if my Steering gearbox needs to be replaced?
__________________
DPF Deleted_H&S performance EGR Delete_5" turbo back exhaust_RaceMe tuned_35x12.5 Nitto's_Recon Tails & 3rd Brake light.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-16-2014, 01:35 AM
brandonjansen's Avatar
brandonjansen brandonjansen is offline
Lifted Cummins Fanatic


 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Abbotsford, BC, Canada
Age: 22
Posts: 5,331
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep Power: 7
Rep:1946
brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants89 View Post
Thank you Brandon! Yes you are correct about the tires rubbing on the control arms. The rubbing is starting to wear some of the paint right off the control arms. Should I purchase the HBS steer box brace, even though the truck has 56,000 miles. I noticed on their website, a disclaimer is posted on the description of the stabilizer.

It states, "The HBS Dodge Ram Steering Stabilizer Bar Kit is not intended or designed to be used as a replacement for a worn-out gearbox or other steering components. The stabilizer bar kit will improve handling and extend the life of a properly functioning steering gearbox. If your steering box is worn out, we strongly suggest replacing it, and also installing the stabilizer bar kit to make sure your steering remains safe and your box lasts as long as your truck."

I'm not to sure wether or not my steering gearbox is worn out or not, so now I' am hesitant to spend $150 on this part. How can I tell if my Steering gearbox needs to be replaced?
Yup that's typical. My tires to the same thing to the control arms on my truck. Now mine are obviously aftermarket, but it still happens.

I doubt your gear box is worn out. It's most likely just moving around a bit because of the 35's. The steering box braces the bottom of it to the frame to keep everything good and tight. My steering on my truck is super tight and responsive now with it on. Far better than stock. It is definitely worth the $150.
__________________

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Cummins Build Thread
8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2
EST 500 hp/1268 ft-lbs at FW | H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | S&B Intake w/ Scoop
Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-16-2014, 05:47 AM
Giants89's Avatar
Giants89 Giants89 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Hampton, Virginia
Age: 25
Posts: 148
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 2500
Trim Level: TRX 4
Color: Blue
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:48
Giants89 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjansen View Post
Yup that's typical. My tires to the same thing to the control arms on my truck. Now mine are obviously aftermarket, but it still happens.

I doubt your gear box is worn out. It's most likely just moving around a bit because of the 35's. The steering box braces the bottom of it to the frame to keep everything good and tight. My steering on my truck is super tight and responsive now with it on. Far better than stock. It is definitely worth the $150.
Yeah I figured the same for your truck as well, lol.
Awesome! I will be ordering a HBS Steering box Stabilizer today then. I' am thinking it will help a lot! Thanks for your input, and help Brandon!

I need to bring the truck in somewhere for new brakes as well. I believe there is a slight warp in the right front rotor. The dealership agreed to pay for any repairs that come out of my pocket. It's all in writing, so I plan on getting all new pads and rotors as needed.
__________________
DPF Deleted_H&S performance EGR Delete_5" turbo back exhaust_RaceMe tuned_35x12.5 Nitto's_Recon Tails & 3rd Brake light.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Advertisement






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:33 AM.


= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors


=Gigathreads Network=
CLUBS MOPAR NATION DSM GPMM MAMM JAM
DIESEL Diesel Forum      
CHEVY Chevy Camaro Forum Chevy Volt Forum    
CHRYSLER Chrysler 300C Forum      
DODGE Dodge Avenger Forum Dodge Caliber Forum Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Charger Forum
  Dodge Circuit Forum Dodge Hornet Forum Dodge Magnum Forum Dodge Nitro Forum
  Dodge Ram Forum Dodge Dakota Forum Dodge Durango Forum Dodge Dart Forum
FORD Ford Raptor Forum Ford F150 Forum Ford F100 Forum  
JEEP Jeep Forum      
PONTIAC Pontiac G8 Forum      
SRT SRT Viper Forum SRT Cuda Forum