DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-28-2014, 11:26 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 RAM 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:29
Omac is on a distinguished road

Cut him some slack guys. Looks like he is retired with alot of time on his hands and deep pockets.
Mopar Hood Deflector, Mopar Mud Flaps Front/Rear, Fire/Ice Mud Flap LEDs, Tonno Bed Cover, Mopar Bed Mat, Mopar Tailgate Liner,Window Tint, Husky WeatherBeater Floor Liner Front/Rear, Mopar Chrome Gas Door
Sponsored links
Old 06-29-2014, 02:32 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2608
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently most of you have not read the complaints from RamforumZ members that have ordered a factory ordered Ram

They are told that they would have a Ram that is just what they ordered

Only when it arrives, it does NOT have Side Steps
Others get their Ram without a sun roof
Several have received the Wrong rear differential ratio

There are so many complaints that i need my Ram to be EXACTLY what i want
I put a minimum of 20,000 miles a year on my trucks
I run a business of my own & don't have time for Salesmen screw ups

That is the main reason that i need that particular form, so when i walk in to make my order, they can't tell me that i screwed up & have no recourse

Most of you apparently would be happy to take anything that they give you, at least from what i have read in your comments
__________________________________________________ _____________________________________
How many of you drive out of your driveway with your Ram at say 8 AM & pull back into your driveway at 11 Am with $175 check, i don't do labor, my Ram is what makes my money, all i do is drive it

I can drive from my place & less then 7 hours later return home with a $300 check, again no labor involved
On many occasions i have received a $700 check for driving 500 miles one way & i am home within 10 hours
All of my business is 100% legal

Something similar to this can not drive LEGALLY on the California roads without me or someone in my business being with them

Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle

Last edited by GTyankee; 06-29-2014 at 03:04 AM.
Old 06-29-2014, 08:42 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram Sport CC 4X4
Trim Level: Sport
Rep:12
Ram18 is on a distinguished road

When I ordered my '14 Sport back in April there was no "worksheet" from the dealer that I used. I went on the RamTrucks website and made a list of everything that I wanted and printed it out. And after reading about other special options (not listed in the build) that people have had the factory/dealer include in the sale of the truck, I wrote them down too.

When I was ready to place the order I brought in all of my paperwork and sat down with the guy at the dealership who is in charge of ordering trucks for the lot and for customers. Everything was done on his computer. He printed out the truck specs and options for me to review. Once I looked everything up and down and was satisfied with negotiated price, it was a matter of him clicking "place order". I was told that it would be 6-8 weeks.

I received shortly after a confirmation email with all options that were included and I reviewed that as well.

In June I took delivery if the truck and it was exactly the way I wanted it. It was a pretty smooth process.

Now obviously every dealership operates differently (some better than others) but everybody I dealt with was polite, reasonable, fair...and based on all of my research of what I should be paying on the sale of this truck, I know I got a great deal.

There's a difference between being knowledgable about what your getting yourself into and using that to your advantage vs. walking in with the intent to belittle everybody along the way with hardly giving folks a chance.

I never understand some of the tactics mentioned in this thread that imply that they are being nasty, arrogant, disrespectful, angry, etc. to get what you want. That's not how I like to do business, and it's certainly not how I want to remember the transactions of my car buying experiences. I get zero satisfaction out of bragging to others or even hearing about making people squirm or "demolishing" folks that could very well be good honest hardworking people. Unless I'm misinterpreting it all?

I walk into a dealership armed with all of my information. I tell them what I want and what I want to (reasonably) pay for the price of the truck. If they can't do it, I thank them for their time and leave. They always come back with something better and it's usually what I was looking for.

If that's your idea of squirm or demolish, OK. I'm with you.
Old 06-29-2014, 12:09 PM

Vehicle: 2013 RAM 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Rep:29
Omac is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram18 View Post
When I ordered my '14 Sport back in April there was no "worksheet" from the dealer that I used. I went on the RamTrucks website and made a list of everything that I wanted and printed it out. And after reading about other special options (not listed in the build) that people have had the factory/dealer include in the sale of the truck, I wrote them down too.

When I was ready to place the order I brought in all of my paperwork and sat down with the guy at the dealership who is in charge of ordering trucks for the lot and for customers. Everything was done on his computer. He printed out the truck specs and options for me to review. Once I looked everything up and down and was satisfied with negotiated price, it was a matter of him clicking "place order". I was told that it would be 6-8 weeks.

I received shortly after a confirmation email with all options that were included and I reviewed that as well.

In June I took delivery if the truck and it was exactly the way I wanted it. It was a pretty smooth process.

Now obviously every dealership operates differently (some better than others) but everybody I dealt with was polite, reasonable, fair...and based on all of my research of what I should be paying on the sale of this truck, I know I got a great deal.

There's a difference between being knowledgable about what your getting yourself into and using that to your advantage vs. walking in with the intent to belittle everybody along the way with hardly giving folks a chance.

I never understand some of the tactics mentioned in this thread that imply that they are being nasty, arrogant, disrespectful, angry, etc. to get what you want. That's not how I like to do business, and it's certainly not how I want to remember the transactions of my car buying experiences. I get zero satisfaction out of bragging to others or even hearing about making people squirm or "demolishing" folks that could very well be good honest hardworking people. Unless I'm misinterpreting it all?

I walk into a dealership armed with all of my information. I tell them what I want and what I want to (reasonably) pay for the price of the truck. If they can't do it, I thank them for their time and leave. They always come back with something better and it's usually what I was looking for.

If that's your idea of squirm or demolish, OK. I'm with you.
I had a very good experience buying my RAM also and continue to have a great relationship with my dealer. I haven't had many problems with my RAM but the few I had were taken care of without any problems. I also get any parts I need from the Women at the parts counter wholesale.
Mopar Hood Deflector, Mopar Mud Flaps Front/Rear, Fire/Ice Mud Flap LEDs, Tonno Bed Cover, Mopar Bed Mat, Mopar Tailgate Liner,Window Tint, Husky WeatherBeater Floor Liner Front/Rear, Mopar Chrome Gas Door
Old 06-29-2014, 01:06 PM

Vehicle: 2009
Trim Level: Big horn
Color: Brilliant Black Crystal Pearlcoat
Rep:68
Detroit3000 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTyankee View Post

I also try to take a couple dozen donuts with me when i go in for Service.

I do this also, I have bought 6 vehicles over the past years from the same salesman. And that's with him switching dealerships that he worked at twice. I always gave him a nice bottle of liquor after each sale and I even drop off a $50 bottle of whiskey on his desk every Christmas. It goes along way, when I need service I always get in right away ( I don't need to make an appointment for same day service) and when I bought my current truck (used) all I did was call him up and tell him what I was looking for. 2 weeks later he called and said he just took what I wanted in on trade. I bought it before it ever hit the lot (after it went through the inspection for a "certified pre-owned" I go to the salesman because he knows his stuff. I can walk in and talk to him about Rams anytime even if I'm just kicking tires he still treats me like I was buying a 60k truck......
Old 06-29-2014, 06:54 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

I think that i am using the wrong terminology or something
Both when i was talking to the sales person & in this forumZ

I was then & still am looking for some answers & i did find some of them

There are Groups & these Groups have a Letter(s) & a Number
all i want is a cross reference between the 2

the codes that i am looking for are similar to something like this 22T & many others
Does anyone know what i am asking about ??

like:

Luxury Group (Fleet) - $695 , ( with this there is a Sales Code, Package # ???,
i have not been able to locate it, as yet )

Illuminated ashtray in the front; Engine bay light; Illuminated driver and passenger vanity mirror; Front reading lights; Illuminated glove compartment; Garage door opener; Coming home device; Heated driver and passenger door mirrors with turn signals; Leather-trimmed, steering wheel; Steering wheel mounted remote audio controls; Auto-dimming rear view mirror; Door entry light; Excludes: [EZH] 5.7L HEMI V8 VCT Engine

_ _ _ _ _ _ ____________________________________

sometimes while you are ordering certain things, the build site will read something like:

This item is Not available with ******** 22T
for instance

Could it be called a Quick Order Package ???

I am about to give up
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle

Last edited by GTyankee; 06-29-2014 at 07:08 PM.
Old 06-29-2014, 07:15 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

YES !!!!! that was the words that i could not figure out
now i just need a cross reference chart or sheet

Premium Cloth Bucket Seats, Quick Order Package 22Z Big Horn, Luxury Group, Rear
&
Quick Order Package 25C Express

•Quick Order Package 26H Laramie

Now if i can find a list of them, i will be a bit more confident for when i go to make my purchase

Last edited by GTyankee; 06-29-2014 at 07:42 PM.
Old 06-30-2014, 10:48 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Rep:139
SShadow1974 will become famous soon enoughSShadow1974 will become famous soon enough

GTyankee, I would almost pay for a plane ticket for you to come with me to the dealership when I buy my next one.
I've learned a lot more since I started reading this forum... I wish I had before I bought my truck. Maybe would have saved me some money...
Old 06-30-2014, 09:43 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Maximum Steel
Rep:39
tev9999 is on a distinguished road

Why would you want to use a 2014 build sheet (that does not seem to exist as a blank, printed form), to build a 2015 truck that does not even have option packages released yet? Seems like you are asking for a mix up when package codes and contents change, asking questions that nobody has answers to, and wasting time building something on paper that can probably never be built in real life.
Old 07-02-2014, 07:14 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Outdoorsman 4x4 CC
Color: Bright White Clearcoat
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep:83
Bushmaster will become famous soon enough

Have you maybe tried to contact a member on here. SPP he might be able to help you if you pm him.
Bakflip G2 tonneau cover, SunTek clear wrap complete front end, Trail FX wheel to wheel nerf bars, Huskyliner mudflaps, Weather Tech front floor mats, rear Recon mini lightbar,20% tint front door windows, 5% tint rear door/rear window, Smittybilt Lightbar with 10" Rigid LED lightbar