DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-02-2014, 10:11 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Ram !500
Trim Level: Express
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Kingface is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTyankee View Post
Apparently most of you have not read the complaints from RamforumZ members that have ordered a factory ordered Ram

They are told that they would have a Ram that is just what they ordered

Only when it arrives, it does NOT have Side Steps
Others get their Ram without a sun roof
Several have received the Wrong rear differential ratio

There are so many complaints that i need my Ram to be EXACTLY what i want
I put a minimum of 20,000 miles a year on my trucks
I run a business of my own & don't have time for Salesmen screw ups

That is the main reason that i need that particular form, so when i walk in to make my order, they can't tell me that i screwed up & have no recourse

Most of you apparently would be happy to take anything that they give you, at least from what i have read in your comments
__________________________________________________ _____________________________________
How many of you drive out of your driveway with your Ram at say 8 AM & pull back into your driveway at 11 Am with $175 check, i don't do labor, my Ram is what makes my money, all i do is drive it

I can drive from my place & less then 7 hours later return home with a $300 check, again no labor involved
On many occasions i have received a $700 check for driving 500 miles one way & i am home within 10 hours
All of my business is 100% legal

Something similar to this can not drive LEGALLY on the California roads without me or someone in my business being with them

Ummmmmm........cool. Your point on telling us about your line of work and pay?

This thread is reason 5,387 I got out of sales almost 20 years ago......
Sponsored links
Old 07-03-2014, 09:52 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 CC 4X4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Silver
Rep:83
SFVDOC will become famous soon enough

I'm still trying to figure out what this thread is all about
Old 07-03-2014, 05:39 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: White
Rep:25
Giles24 is on a distinguished road

Well I believe this thread is about the OP’s experience at a dealership just as other threads are about member’s experiences that they share. Someone could assume “don’t go ask for a 2015 build sheet yet, because I have already tried.” Now their time will not be wasted when they would like to do the same. And no, the salesman should not wait on him hand and foot regardless of if he was going to buy that day or not. Great salesmen are those who give a customer/client a good experience so that they will come back to them when they are ready to buy and possibly gain referrals. The salesman may not get the same commission from the OP as he would from a regular ‘Joe’ but in return have a better chance of referrals meaning more money he would not have if it weren’t for his great customer service. Because someone knows their stuff and asks multiple questions means they are being a dick? I think anyone in sales should know their line of work and most anything that has to do with it. Of course you’ll come across questions that you may not have answers to, but the salesman shouldn’t let that get to him…find out. The 2014 build sheet would not be able to be used to purchase a 2015 but I’m sure it would give him an explanation as to what comes with different packages before he can get his hands on a 2015 sheet. If there are one or two things new, big deal, at least he will know what changed. Thanks, OP, for explaining what your line of work is so we know why you are so desperate to order a Ram to YOUR specifications. Some salesmen are too worried about their wants rather than the customer’s wants/needs. I said SOME…not all!

What I got out of some of the comments here was when a salesman shows a customer up, it’s not okay…when a customer shows a salesman up, it’s not okay. I guess we should just hold hands through the whole process…

Do I think this particular involvement the OP had with a couple salesman was as forward and aggressive as it was explained? No, but let’s ridicule him anyways… <--kidding

Some people just need to rant and ramble on, others should just take it as it comes lol
(You decide what that means)
Old 07-03-2014, 06:45 PM
Team Bully

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 QC TRX4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:1722
ShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoiler View Post
I don't understand this mentality at all. Some young kid working for a living at a "not so great paying job". In walks a dude with literally no intent to buy today just to waste his time and place in line of sales guys. What do you win besides feeling "all puffed up like you were in charge"
He was up front with him right away saying he wanted to study the order sheet so he knew exactly what options he would be getting. I don't think he mislead him at all. He wanted information and they were trying to get him to sit down and draw him in. That is how I read that going down.
Old 07-03-2014, 07:17 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Black
Rep:364
spoiler is just really nicespoiler is just really nicespoiler is just really nicespoiler is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnC13 View Post
He was up front with him right away saying he wanted to study the order sheet so he knew exactly what options he would be getting. I don't think he mislead him at all. He wanted information and they were trying to get him to sit down and draw him in. That is how I read that going down.
If that ^were true at all the OP's post would not have drawn any of the flak it has. Re read his first few lines.
"Some young kid"- "I blew him off"- "Let me speak to the Mgr of VIP sales"

All I'm saying is courtesy is a two way street…

Could it have gone down like this instead?
"Hey Joe- nice to meet you- I'm Dave. I called ahead and Frank in VIP sales is expecting me- can you let him know I'm here"
Old 07-03-2014, 07:29 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

I just would like to know ahead of time
what the form is called & possibly d/l a copy of it
then while i am on vacation for 5 weeks, i could take my time going over it & doing research.
Then i could simply walk into the Sales office, lay the form down & say that this is what i want, How close can We get to it
If it could be done in an hour instead of 3, would be one goal
Getting what i need from the Factory is a major goal

When i have a chance to place my order, it will be around the 28th of August
That is 20 days after the 2015 Ram trucks Order Bank opens

Last year 8,000 orders were placed within 3 days !!
Each dealership gets a Monthly Allotment of new Rams

I already feel time slipping away & i would really like to Expedite anything that i can

i don't want to be one of these people
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 07-03-2014, 09:16 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram
Trim Level: Express
Rep:10
Rygi is on a distinguished road

I was a salesperson for a dealer for a bit. Like a lot of others, I knew I didn't know everything about the cars, it's almost impossible to as there's a lot to know and stuff changes all the time. As humble as I tried to be and treat people right, some customers just wanted to be cocky *******s. OP you sound like one of them. I'm sure you're aware you can get the any info you need without stepping foot in a showroom and practically walk in with your build sheet already written, yet you chose the path you did then felt the need to boast about over the internet. Frankly, the salespeople these days hardly make anything, your deal would probably be a minimum $50, so don't expect them to be the most professional or to know everything you have a question about. But if you approach them in a friendly manner, most of them are happy to help any way they can even if it only makes them a few bucks. Just 2 cents from someone who's sat on both sides.
Old 07-06-2014, 01:22 AM

Vehicle: 1997 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Engine: 1994-1997 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp
Rep:12
tweener439 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I visited my local dealership today, i told the first sales guy that i wanted to buy a 2015 Ram 1500, he puffed up like he was in charge
He was so young that he could have been my grandson & i more or less blew him off.
I told him that i wanted to speak with someone in the VIP Sales, his chest deflated & went to a table where 3 other salesmen were sitting, he spoke to another young guy & he came over & shook my hand & asked what he could do for me.
I told him that i wanted to buy a 2015 Ram 1500 Eco Diesel & that i wanted some kind of work sheet, even for 2014, to study while i was on vacation, so that i could choose everything that I wanted on the new Ram, he said that he would see what he could do. He walked into a office with a door & closed it & came right back out, he was not in there for 3 minutes. He came back out & said that he didn't have any kind of Order form for 2014 Rams that i could get printed out
He said that i would have to come in when i was ready to place an order & that we had to sit down & fill it out on the computer.

I told him straight out that i wanted a full explanation of the different Packages & Equipment Groups, he straight out said that the groups were what they were & that he could find me a pamphlet. I told him that i had every pamphlet that Ram put out for 2014.
I then mentioned that i wanted the TOW Package, but that i did NOT want the Tow Mirrors, he said that it was not possible.
I politely told him that i knew that they had Packages with what they call DELETES, like if i wanted a Ram 1500 with NO badges, i could order a BADGE DELETE & it would not have any badges on the sides or extra badges on the tailgate of the Ram. It would just come with the front & rear Rams Heads

Just then i heard the first salesman say Sorry JOHN to the guy that i was talking to

Then i told the salesman that i knew that i could not put in my order for a 2015 Ram 1500 until August 8th & that production would not start until October, except for the few Rams that would be at the Texas State Fair, & that the first 2015 Rams would not be at the dealerships until around the Xmas Holidays. His eyes glazed over

Then i asked what i would have to do to get any paint color besides Black, Blue, White, or Red, he said if that was the color options, that would be my choices, I asked what about the color choices that Fleet vehicles could get, like Oranges & Yellows, he said that he would have to check on that.

Then i dropped the big bomb,
I told him that i was a member of Treadlightly & therefore would be using that discount because they are a Chrysler Affiliate & that i would be paying somewhere around 1% below the Invoice Price

At that point he was just wanting to get away from me

I love it when i can make salesmen squirm
What I found interesting was there was no attempt on the dealership's part to "avoid giving information" about the 2015's. OP, I'm in a similar spot, I'm planning on purchasing a new Ram next year and I've already been to the build site enough to know what I do and don't want. If you don't have a specific form in hand when you go to buy yours... so what? Just have a list of the packages and groups that you want and possible deletes. JMHO, good luck.
Old 07-06-2014, 02:06 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Deepwater Blue
Rep:127
Swaggerville Ram will become famous soon enoughSwaggerville Ram will become famous soon enough

Quote:
i don't want to be one of these people
Then you'd be one of my customers

Call in a panic on Sunday with no electricity, dicker on price of 3 hours labor and a new panel, no after hours or emergency charges, take 6 months to pay.....half.

FML

"I don't care to hear what your ideas are, mine are better"
Old 07-06-2014, 04:34 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

I guess that starting this thread was a mistake

If that FORM exists & the sales person said it did, he could have printed it out
Many of you don't mind sitting in front of the Sales computer & filling out the check boxes along with the Sales person

I prefer knowing what each check box means in detail

Several of the members in here get it, some others don't

I just hope the hell that you those that feel like i am wrong, don't receive a 3.0 radio, 17" wheels, 3.21 rear end, tow mirror & a 6 speed

I will not be opening this thread back up, so you are basically talking to yourself
You have misunderstood me right from the start
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle