DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video All custom mods on the interior of your Dodge Ram. Dodge Ram stereo mods, alarms, electronics, shift knobs, upholstery, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-14-2014, 09:29 PM
Ram Ham

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1475
KA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud of
Default Mod: 2014 Fold Flat Floor Installed In A 2012

I have been drooling over this option for over a year now since I first saw it in a 2014 Ram. I had searched the Z and the internet far and wide and couldn't get a concrete answer as to if this would work in my 2012 Ram. But I finally pinned my parts department manager down and got the answers I was looking for, lol. And, I couldn't be happier with the results!

This is an excellent mod for those of us with 09-12 Rams (this is an option in 13-14 Rams) who want to have a flat floor in the rear seat. The MAIN reason I wanted this was for my dog's crate. The center hump in the rear seat floor drove me bonkers every time I needed to load his crate in as the crate is not small enough to fit behind one of the seats on the flat surface there. So.. I highly recommend this to anyone who needs a flat floor.. even if just on a rare occasion.. you will be glad you have it when the situation calls for it! It comes in handy for luggage and groceries too!

I did read about some guys who used lumber and built their own version of a flat floor for the rear seats, but those styles couldn't be left in the truck when not in use. I don't have much storage space to keep truck parts in (open car port, no garage and pretty much no in house storage either) so that option was out the window for me.

It wasn't all that difficult.. pretty straight forward install. I didn't take any pictures but I can if anyone would like to know exactly what I did and where I did it.

Basically, I removed the bolts holding the rear seats in, popped the outer plastic panels loose to access the inner seat screws and removed the center seat belt. This gave me access to the screws holding the stock storage bin panels/covers in place and the ability to slide the entire seat forward slightly. (You do not need to shift the seats very far. Also, if you have the rear heated seats option installed, you do not need to unplug the connectors.)

Removed the screws and springs for the panels, then removed the panels and set them aside with their pins/screws and springs (you will not use any of this hardware with the fold flat panels).

Lined up the new fold flat panels into place and using the stock seat frame bolts, secured the new flat panels and called it a day.

The new panels fit beautifully in my 2012 Ram Crew Cab.. they were pull outs from a new 2014 Ram Crew Cab. If you are wanting to do this mod too, just make note of the panels you are buying.. the Quad Cab panels will fit in a Crew Cab but they will not reach the back of the front seats as well. You will end up with a larger gap which could pose problems for any back seat four-legged riders.

I purchased mine from a seller on eBay who has been listing quite a few sets and in different colors (I got the dark slate gray and it matches my black interior very well). He didn't have any listed when I was ready to purchase so I sent him a message through eBay and he listed one for me (Buy It Now format) within a few hours. Paid $299 plus $29 shipping. An awesome and fair deal in my book, since most of his auction style listings went for around $300 also. Here is his current eBay listing. Again, if he doesn't have one listed when you are in the market, just shoot him an eBay message and see when/if he can list another one for you.

The panels tend to bounce a bit when the truck is in motion. There is just enough space with the seats down and the panels have just enough spring to them to cause this to happen. Both sides have a female snap on a stretchy strap on the underside.. I'm assuming the Ram's they were built for had the male snaps in the outer carpet of the storage bins for these to snap to. I will be adding the male snaps for mine to snap into to fix the bouncing/knocking issue soon. I will post pictures of how I do that when I get 'er done.

That's all for now folks! If you have any questions, please feel free to ask! I haven't been able to find any other threads of others who have done this particular mod, so I'm open to help you out if you need it!

Last edited by KA1OTE; 07-14-2014 at 09:34 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 07-14-2014, 10:34 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Deep Cherry Red
Engine: 2010-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 383hp 400lb/ft (2500/3500)
Rep:82
APSTRAM will become famous soon enough

Great mod. Great information.

I had the flat floor on my 2003 Quad Cab and it was metal, if anything spilled I was able to wipe it up. I am going to keep my eyes open for a crew cab metal floor but I may be waiting a while.
Old 07-14-2014, 10:46 PM
Ram Ham

KA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud of

I foresee these panels being easy to clean up as well. They are very thin thus the carpet is not thick at all.. the carpet is pretty much wrapped around the panels for aesthetic purposes I would guess. There isn't much to these panels as far as a cleaning perspective which made them receive an A for ease of cleaning from me. Granted, they won't be as easy to clean as simply wiping a spill off of a metal surface as you describe.. but still easy nonetheless. I hope you find what you are looking for! I know how difficult the hunt can be!
Old 07-15-2014, 07:54 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Express
Color: Black
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:33
speedfoos is on a distinguished road

Very nice. This is going on my wish list and I'm saving the seller in eBay. Thanks for posting this up.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:16 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Express w/options
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:36
Jarhead57 is on a distinguished road

I wish the hell they made one for CC with the bench seat......

Dee Zee Tailgate Assist - Cabin filter mod - BT Catch can - SnugTop F2 snuglid - Weathertech mats, mudflaps and vent visors - Spyder® Led Tails - All Led interior, exterior, Led Drl's - Bilstein's - Airlift 1000 - Whistler 1200w inverter - Debadged - Kicker speakers
Old 09-04-2014, 02:48 AM
Ram Ham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarhead57 View Post
I wish the hell they made one for CC with the bench seat......
Is the layout different in a CC with a full rear bench? I've never thought to pay attention, so I don't know. At first I thought this would work in any Ram back seat.. but I suppose a full rear bench wouldn't have (or need) the center mounting position or hardware. Hmm.. there has to be an option for those with the full bench...
Old 09-10-2014, 07:37 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: club cab express
Color: Red
Rep:10
Ronherman1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA1OTE View Post
Is the layout different in a CC with a full rear bench? I've never thought to pay attention, so I don't know. At first I thought this would work in any Ram back seat.. but I suppose a full rear bench wouldn't have (or need) the center mounting position or hardware. Hmm.. there has to be an option for those with the full bench...
I have the full bench seat in my 2014 express and i have the folding floor in mine. I bought it from a guy on ebay and picked it up (he was close by). $125 and i had to take one bolt out and go to the local bolt supplier and get 2 more bolts for it $1. The holes are there you just need to look on the back floor under the carpet, when you set the floor in you will see the cut out!
Old 09-22-2014, 05:33 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 RAM 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: True Blue Pearlcoat
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:10
Brucy is on a distinguished road

Anyone know the mopar number for these? They have to be able to order them from the dealer in case they break under warranty.
Old 09-22-2014, 05:57 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Deep Cherry Red
Engine: 2010-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 383hp 400lb/ft (2500/3500)
Rep:82
APSTRAM will become famous soon enough

http://ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=144184

The numbers are listed in this thread.
Old 09-22-2014, 06:03 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

i just checked my photo images, this is one that i found on a website awhile back

as you said, the QC fold flat floor is short, pix of my Ram

enlarge this one as far as you can, the snaps are visable

Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle

Last edited by GTyankee; 09-22-2014 at 06:07 PM.