DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Corsa 14405 cat back

Tags
`c!qc
5K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  dscar4u 
#1 ·
I've been meaning to post a video of my new Corsa for about 2 months now. I installed it at the beginning of June, but with the pace of work, getting a dog, and moving I haven't had time. It is the PN #14405 full cat back with chrome tips, it is also available with black tips.

I was also looking at the Borla because I consider Borla and Corsa to be top tier exhausts, but I like the design of the Corsa better. The Borla is a perforated jacket glasspack design, whereas the Corsa is a straight through with side chambers that cancel out drone. In the cab it sounds about like the stock exhaust but is much louder outside, and feels like it is freer flowing than either the stock exhaust or the Borla XR-1 I had welded in. It also doesn't drone like the Borla did.

Unfortunately I didn't get any pics of the install, but I'm not sure how useful they'd have been anyway since I had to use a sawzall to remove the previous muffler because the guy who welded it in welded everything backfrom the muffler together into one piece.

Sound wise I'd describe it as throaty rather than burbly like the Borla was. I like a burbly exhaust, but the sound in the cab with the Borla got obnoxious over prolonged periods of time running over 2000 RPM so towing anything over a long distance it was kind of a turn off. The Corsa is only loud to tow with when you have a box trailer behind you and the sound bounces back.

Install was easy following the directions. I used my torque wrench (required a deep socket to get tight over the bolts) and have had no issues with it. I really think the chamfered 4.5" tips are the perfect size, now I feel like all the guys with stock duals have little tips in their big bumper cutouts. IMHO the 5" Borla double walled tips look too big and googly.

Without further ado:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx3iwQNRCsU

See less See more
#4 ·
I just installed my Corsa 14405 cat-back exhaust this weekend, and I absolutely love it! Great sounding exhaust that you only hear in the cab if you want to. No drone at all. Very impressed! Took me and my buddy about 2 hours to remove the old OEM exhaust and install the new one. Couldn't be happier.

#7 ·
I got it from Autoanything when they were having a 10% off sale. Usually their sales don't apply to top name brands like Bilstein, Borla, Fox, etc... but this one did so I jumped on it because it was the cheapest I had ever seen it. I paid $1013 shipped.

#8 ·
Cool, thanks for the heads up. I will check with them, I know if you talk with them sometimes they can apply a decent % off items that do not normally apply.
Would you happen to have any videos inside the cab while cruising/WOT? I know most people say there is no drone with the MDS, is this true? He is looking for something that doesn't give that helicopter like noise when the MDS kicks in.

#14 ·
It gets loud when you get the rpms up over 3000 or so like when you initially accelerate or going up a steep grade. The main reason I say its loud with a trailer is because it makes the sound bounce back at you

#17 ·
I'm surprised you didn't go with the version with black tips for your Rebel

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.