DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Detailing and General Maintenance Forum

Notices

Dodge Ram Detailing and General Maintenance Forum Wax on, Wax off! Chat about anything that gives you Carpal Tunnel or Tennis Elbow in here! ;)

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-02-2008, 03:38 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Nitro
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Light Khaki Metallic
Rep:15
cowboytruckn is on a distinguished road
Default Getting us started the right way!

Hello everybody and glad the Ram Forumz is here. I myself am a detailing guru and love to detail. I have used quite a few products in my day and have had to learn from my mistakes but the final results are what keep me doing it over and over. A few years ago I found this and it really helped me. This is from the makers of Mother's polishes which I highly recommend but they are not the only ones out there. This is all about technique but of course they will throw some of their products in the instructions but just substitute in Turtle Wax, Meguiar's, Zaino, Swissvax, etc.

http://www.detailguide.com/

Here's a pic of the steps and Mother's polishes in action.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nitroforumz1.jpg (55.5 KB, 29 views)
Sponsored links
Old 08-02-2008, 11:45 AM

Vehicle: Chrysler 300
Trim Level: Touring
Color: Satin Jade Metallic
Rep:317
300 Addict is a jewel in the rough300 Addict is a jewel in the rough300 Addict is a jewel in the rough300 Addict is a jewel in the rough

Thats a great step by step right there! Great program to go by! Thank you for posting it here for our members!

Your Nitro looks great too!
Old 08-02-2008, 04:51 PM

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Nitro
Color: Light Khaki Metallic
Rep:15
cowboytruckn is on a distinguished road

Thanks I take a lot of pride in my WIFE'S ride. I was the one who wanted to get it and she drives it. She didn't even like it at first. I know we were looking for HER a car but she won't even let me drive it when we are both in it.

When I first started detailing I know I put a lot of swirls and spiderwebs in my paint that I have had to correct in my pickup. You don'twant to pick up anything in the mitt that may hurt the paint - basically the less you have to touch it and pay attention to where you put your supplies the better.
Old 08-02-2008, 05:01 PM

Vehicle: Chrysler 300
Trim Level: Touring
Color: Satin Jade Metallic
Rep:317
300 Addict is a jewel in the rough300 Addict is a jewel in the rough300 Addict is a jewel in the rough300 Addict is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboytruckn View Post
Thanks I take a lot of pride in my WIFE'S ride. I was the one who wanted to get it and she drives it. She didn't even like it at first. I know we were looking for HER a car but she won't even let me drive it when we are both in it.

When I first started detailing I know I put a lot of swirls and spiderwebs in my paint that I have had to correct in my pickup. You don'twant to pick up anything in the mitt that may hurt the paint - basically the less you have to touch it and pay attention to where you put your supplies the better.
I hear you there. Patience is a virtue when detailing a vehicle.. especially the darker colors. I spend hours and hours on my ride doing the step by step.
Old 08-10-2008, 09:57 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2006 1500 4x4 MegaCab
Trim Level: SL
Color: Brilliant Silver
Rep:10
pipsdad is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to pipsdad

We certainly appreciate the benfits from your experience. Detailing is such a unique process, any new ideas are welcome, since no two people go about it the same way.
Old 08-10-2008, 10:16 PM

Vehicle: 04 2500 4x4 quad
Color: Patriot Blue Of Course
electricblue is on a distinguished road

hours and hours yes, my better half drives the charger, its black, she decided to wash it while I was working, and caught her just as she finished, I laughed and redid it, she said it took her a 1/2 hour, I told her that she should have spent that time on the hood lol.... It really takes 2 hours or more
Old 08-12-2008, 01:16 PM

Vehicle: Nitro
Color: the only color-BLACK!
Rep:32
MeanGirl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricblue View Post
hours and hours yes, my better half drives the charger, its black, she decided to wash it while I was working, and caught her just as she finished, I laughed and redid it, she said it took her a 1/2 hour, I told her that she should have spent that time on the hood lol.... It really takes 2 hours or more
lol, EB!! poor wifey, she tried. it takes me almost 3 hours just to was the nitro, but that includes the tires and wheel wells, but I have it down to a fine art. so normally on a good week that did not produce much rain I can be done in about 4 hours, but I completely detail the inside and outside every weekend, on the times I wax it takes longer. my hubby and boys don't even offer to help, they know I will not like how they do it, so they just sit back and relax and bring me drinks...lol
Old 09-02-2008, 10:13 AM

Vehicle: 04 2500 4x4 quad
Color: Patriot Blue Of Course
electricblue is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanGirl View Post
lol, EB!! poor wifey, she tried. it takes me almost 3 hours just to was the nitro, but that includes the tires and wheel wells, but I have it down to a fine art. so normally on a good week that did not produce much rain I can be done in about 4 hours, but I completely detail the inside and outside every weekend, on the times I wax it takes longer. my hubby and boys don't even offer to help, they know I will not like how they do it, so they just sit back and relax and bring me drinks...lol
MG, I know she tried, but.... when you make it look worse then it was, you should give up. she did get 2 for tring