DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LOWERING or STANDARD

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LOWERING or STANDARD Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lowering Springs, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-06-2008, 08:23 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Charger R/T
Rep:399
RaiderJay6 is just really niceRaiderJay6 is just really niceRaiderJay6 is just really niceRaiderJay6 is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to RaiderJay6
Default Any Lowered Trucks On Here?

Lets see some pictures!

I have 2" drop shackles on the rear to level it out.

Here is an older picture of my truck with and without the shackles.

Stock.

Last edited by RaiderJay6; 09-06-2008 at 10:11 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 09-06-2008, 09:10 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Patriot
Trim Level: Latitude
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:40
DaveDees is on a distinguished road

I love the color. Did you lower the front any?

When you said lowered, I thought you meant something like this:

It doesn't look like that anymore. As you can imagine, I completely lost interest.

All articles that coruscate with resplendence are not truly auriferous.
Old 09-06-2008, 10:10 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Charger R/T
Rep:399
RaiderJay6 is just really niceRaiderJay6 is just really niceRaiderJay6 is just really niceRaiderJay6 is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to RaiderJay6

Thanks! No the front is stock. I will edit the post to show the stock height so you can see the difference. I would love to have a 2"/4" drop done on it but dont want to risk killing my warranty.

Very custom S-10 looks cool!

Old 09-07-2008, 04:10 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Nitro
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Electric Blue
Rep:3944
BlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDees View Post
I love the color. Did you lower the front any?

When you said lowered, I thought you meant something like this:

It doesn't look like that anymore. As you can imagine, I completely lost interest.
Oh Dave!!!!! I just threw up a little!!! Why do people neuter trucks like that??? A truck is supposed to be big and mean!!

Like what you see? Support this fine site!

Go here for great how-to's and make sure you know the rules!

Make sure you show off your Ram by posting pics in the GALLERY!!

L.O.B.

Old 09-07-2008, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJet View Post
Oh Dave!!!!! I just threw up a little!!! Why do people neuter trucks like that??? A truck is supposed to be big and mean!!
BlueJet, you hurt my feelings. Believe it or not that truck was on the cover of Sport Truck magazine (small inset picture). It was also, in Mini-Truckin', in Rollin' Revue, and a few newspapers around locally. On top of all that, it was my daily driver.

An S-10 with a 4 cyclinder, big and mean?? I don't think so, Hun, not in this lifetime. Anyway, I did all that after it was t-boned and totalled. As it was, it really wasn't any good for hauling anything let alone trying to haul ass. So when I rebuilt it I did it just for show. I did all the body work, the chop-top and the painting of that baby. It only took 3 years to rebuild and I kept a running pictorial journal of it.

BTW, I'm sure you heard of Summit Racing, right. Well, the yellow beast with the tilt bed, belonged to Jack Summit. The owner of Summit Racing's son. That thing was a monster.

Now, let me go hang my head in shame, after what you said.

Old 09-07-2008, 11:54 AM

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab S
Trim Level: SLT Sport
Color: Graphite Metallic
Rep:15
Man from mars is on a distinguished road

Dave, Great job on the chop top. That really makes your truck stand out from your average lowered mini truck. I can appreciate the amount of time and effort that you spent on the body work.
Old 09-07-2008, 02:52 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Nitro
Color: Electric Blue
Rep:3944
BlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDees View Post
BlueJet, you hurt my feelings. Believe it or not that truck was on the cover of Sport Truck magazine (small inset picture). It was also, in Mini-Truckin', in Rollin' Revue, and a few newspapers around locally. On top of all that, it was my daily driver.

An S-10 with a 4 cyclinder, big and mean?? I don't think so, Hun, not in this lifetime. Anyway, I did all that after it was t-boned and totalled. As it was, it really wasn't any good for hauling anything let alone trying to haul ass. So when I rebuilt it I did it just for show. I did all the body work, the chop-top and the painting of that baby. It only took 3 years to rebuild and I kept a running pictorial journal of it.

BTW, I'm sure you heard of Summit Racing, right. Well, the yellow beast with the tilt bed, belonged to Jack Summit. The owner of Summit Racing's son. That thing was a monster.

Now, let me go hang my head in shame, after what you said.
Ok, my sincerest apologies to offending you.....didn't know it was your truck and I would never intentionally hurt your feelings

I just personally don't like lowered trucks, defeats the whole purpose of a truck in my humble opinion. I know many people like lowered trucks, I just don't get it is all.

So now that I have publicly apologized to you for slamming your feeling into the ground......can we kiss and make up now?

Like what you see? Support this fine site!

Go here for great how-to's and make sure you know the rules!

Make sure you show off your Ram by posting pics in the GALLERY!!

L.O.B.

Old 09-07-2008, 05:28 PM
Dodge Ram Forum

Vehicle: 2002 Dodge Ram
Color: Blue/Silver
Engine: 2002-2003 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp 335lb/ft
Rep:645
GT is a name known to allGT is a name known to allGT is a name known to allGT is a name known to allGT is a name known to allGT is a name known to all

Hey Dave! I love the truck! I am a big fan of lowered trucks, and raised trucks! Thanks for the pics! Do you still have it?
Old 09-08-2008, 02:49 PM

Vehicle: Chrysler 300
Trim Level: Touring
Color: Satin Jade Metallic
Rep:317
300 Addict is a jewel in the rough300 Addict is a jewel in the rough300 Addict is a jewel in the rough300 Addict is a jewel in the rough

I like Daves truck too..looks pretty cool! RaiderJay6 has a sweet ride too!
Old 09-08-2008, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Ok, my sincerest apologies to offending you.....didn't know it was your truck and I would never intentionally hurt your feelings
As I told you before, no apology necessary. Besides, I'm a grown man, I can handle it even if it hurt a bit.

Quote:
I just personally don't like lowered trucks, defeats the whole purpose of a truck in my humble opinion. I know many people like lowered trucks, I just don't get it is all.
Not to sound mean or anything (I apologize before hand, if that's how you interpret this). It's the same reason you're modding your Nitro. Modding has no bounds as you well know and at the time that was my canvas. The truck had been totalled and I couldn't afford to go out and buy something else. So I took what I had and fixed it to best of what I could afford.

Quote:
So now that I have publicly apologized to you for slamming your feeling into the ground......can we kiss and make up now?
You've apologized a thousand times already, Hun. You didn't have to do it publicly. I sincerely thank you for having the fortitude to even apologize, let alone do it publicly. But I do like the part of kissing and making up!!. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man from mars View Post
Dave, Great job on the chop top. That really makes your truck stand out from your average lowered mini truck. I can appreciate the amount of time and effort that you spent on the body work.
Thank you, Man from Mars. Certainly appreciate the comments. Believe it or not the chop top was a kit made especially for the S-10. Getting the glass for it was another story. No one locally would even attempt it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pe0n View Post
Hey Dave! I love the truck! I am a big fan of lowered trucks, and raised trucks! Thanks for the pics! Do you still have it?
Yes, I still have the truck but it doesn't look anything like in the pic anymore. (The undercarriage was polished and cleared, the frame was painted with a totally different scheme.) I'm almost ready to call the junk yard to come get it. It's been sitting out in the weather for the past 5 years. Kids bouncing basketballs off the doors, sitting on the hood, etc, has taken their toll. The only saving grace is that it's mostly fiberglass. The only metal on it is the fenders, bottom of the cab and the bottom of the doors. I plan to restore it one day. I promised it to my son when he graduates from school.

And with all that being said, I have to tip my hat to BlueJet. She was woman enough to apologize even after I told her she didn't have to. It's people like her that keep me coming back to the various 'Z' forumz that I belong to. BlueJet, you have endeared yourself to my heart. Love ya, Hun!!

On another note, I apologize to RaiderJay for jacking his thread. Maybe when I post something, you have my permission to jack the thread. LOL

Whew, now that was long winded.