DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 3RD Generation Dodge Ram 2002 to 2008 Dodge Ram Trucks > Electrical

Notices

Electrical 3rd Gen Dodge Ram Electrical Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-08-2008, 01:03 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram Q/C 1500 Sport
Trim Level: Lariat
Color: Mineral Gray
Rep:10
My Sport Lariat is on a distinguished road
Default HELP with REC Navigation radio

I just purchased a 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport, with the Lariat package. I absolutely love this truck and drove a couple hundred miles to get it. The truck is fully loaded with everything you could want and a little more. I am a little disappointed about one thing. Maybe someone can offer up a little bit of advise on the Navigation system. It has the REC radio with satellite and navigation built in.

The disc the dealer provided is an AC, and after I load the disc, the screen says, can not read DVD-ROM, please check the disc. I have checked the disc and observed some light scratches. I cleaned the disc and loaded the disc into my laptop, which worked. I called the www.navigation.com website technical support and spoke with someone who advised that if the disc works in the computer, then the DVD drive in the navigation unit is crapped out.

I have read other threads by users who have reported that same type of problem occurring with their units, however no one included their solution to the problem. I know that there are new updated discs for the navigation system, however I don't want to put any money out of pocket if it is the player, because the player is covered under warranty.

Basically what am I asking is (a) is there a way to try to play another DVD-ROM disc in the player? (b) what has everyone determined to be the solution to this DVD navigation problem??

Thanks
Sponsored links
Old 10-12-2008, 04:27 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Default Update

So I have an appointment this Friday to get the Navigation looked at. Service guy on the phone thinks the disc might just be all crapped up......
Old 10-22-2008, 04:54 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Default Yahtzee Navigation fixed !!

So I will be the one with the helpful information for anyone else with this problem.

I went to the dealer on Friday and they told me that the RADIO was broke and that they would order me another one (good thing the warranty covered the $2500.00 price tag ). On Monday I went back to the dealership for a quick install. To my surprise, the navigation still didn't work, the mechanic tells me that the disc is not functioning and they would order me a replacement disc (also covered under the warranty ).

Just put the new disc (same AC version) and it works. Yahtzee .

I can't tell you if the radio was truly bad or if the disc was busted or both. What I do know is that the old disc didnt work and the information that the tech guy from navigation.com provided was total BS .

So I am happy its working, maybe I will get a chance to take the truck for a quick little test run with the navigation working.