DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-28-2008, 07:16 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2008 1500 Ram Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Inferno Red
Engine: 2008-2008 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:114
RLRambler will become famous soon enoughRLRambler will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to RLRambler Send a message via Skype™ to RLRambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDees View Post
You're welcome, Licia. Just trying to help in anyway I can during this trying time for Tammy and her family.

Tammy, when you get the chance to read this, you truly are a very special person, indeed. Stronger than I, for sure. I always thought your screen name was really a misnomer. Bless you and your family!!!!!!!
Amen to that!

Les.
Sponsored links
Old 11-30-2008, 12:31 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Patriot
Trim Level: Latitude
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:40
DaveDees is on a distinguished road

Update:
As posted in the Nitro 'Z' by Tammy:

"thanks again everyone for all the encouragement, today I am numb, angy and sad, we did his video it is posted on his site, there are TONS more pics, but the website will only allow about 35 pics and you know me, I gave them about 60. my family has taken comfort in reading all the messages left and I have gotten so many messages on his myspace telling me what a great boy he was, I want to share on with you..........

Hey mrs. Langston,
This is Sara(ya know..the twin from about 2 blocks away).

I've been thinking alot about jacob and i just can't believe everything that has happened. All of the sudden. Its strange. How precious life is..

Me and jacob used to sit together on the bus alot and talk about pretty much everything. Life, Family, other people. He knew the most about my family. Anytime anyone would ask why me and laura live with my grandparents i just tell them to ask Jacob. He was the easiest to talk to out of all his friends. Last year we had chemistry class together and one of the things i'll never fail to remember is a conversation we had with a guy in our grade. He randomly said he didn't believe in God and me and jacob were talking to him. And i'll never forget when jacob said "dude, look around, how can you not believe in God?"

Earlier than most, he recognized the beauty of God. I believe that God knew he was ready... he did good while on earth. Jacob recognized how precious life was..even when he did not see what was coming..

So yea that brings comfort to me and i hope it does to you too. Jacob was undoubtedly raise well. He had no enemies. How can someone like that be forgotten? I have no idea what your going through right now but when i go through troubles i think of this verse...

Rejoice always.
Pray without ceasing.
In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
1 Thessalonians 5:16

she was the only kid I replied too, there is just so many, but the hole and emptiness in my heart got a little smaller last night knowing that my boy had the courage and wisdom to fight for what he knew was right!

bless you all and please raise my family up in your prayers the next 2 days will be most difficult......I miss my boy so much

ps, thanks for the cards, they are beautiful!!"

All articles that coruscate with resplendence are not truly auriferous.
Old 11-30-2008, 06:49 AM

RLRambler will become famous soon enoughRLRambler will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the update Dave.

Les.
Old 12-01-2008, 02:38 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Nitro
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Electric Blue
Rep:3930
BlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond repute

Tammy called me this morning. She sounded good and it was great to hear her voice. She is catching a cold but considering, she is doing ok. She has been getting great support from friends and family and drawing strength from Jacob's friends. They have been a great comfort to her.

The visitation last night astounded her, she said so many people showed up it blew her mind! She has been reading the notes on the online memorial and Jacob's MySpace page. It gives her comfort and strength to know he was so loved and so many people are there for her and the family.

For those of you who saw the news interview with Jacob's friends, the store where Jacob worked had left a bucket outside for donations. They collected over $800! Tammy said during the interview strangers were shoving money in her pockets! The community has come through and been very supportive.

She told me the trust fund has enough money in it to give scholarships to 8 of Jacob's friends, instead of the 7 like she thought. She said the bank can't keep track of who all gives and she so badly wants to thank each and everyone but it will be impossible. She isn't sure when she will be out on the board but wanted me to pass along this message:

To each and everyone of you who gave money she is truly touched and deeply appreciative. Some of the money will be used for the funeral but her main goal was to help Jacob's friends and it will be possible and so much more! She thanks you, and you know who you are. It doesn't matter the amount, it is the thought and love that came with it that means so much to her. She wanted you all to know as soon as possible that she thanks you so very much!

All of our messages have meant a lot to her and has given her strength. She is starting to see the positive things that have come out of this horrible situation and one thing she said that made me cry through the tears is that even though Jacob is gone her and joe have no regrets because they both had plenty of quality one on one time before he left. She feels Joe's broken leg was for a reason because it gave Jacob and Joe time to bond and be with one another. These positive things give her peace.

I just wanted to let you all know her message and how she is doing. She thinks about us and when she can she will be out.

Like what you see? Support this fine site!

Go here for great how-to's and make sure you know the rules!

Make sure you show off your Ram by posting pics in the GALLERY!!

L.O.B.

Old 12-01-2008, 03:40 PM

Vehicle: '08 Caliber & '09 Nitro
Trim Level: SXT CRD 2.0 / 2.8
Color: Stone White / Brilliant Black
Rep:426
LYC79 is just really niceLYC79 is just really niceLYC79 is just really niceLYC79 is just really niceLYC79 is just really nice

Thanks BJ!

Hey Tammy beyond all the "rubbish" () I write here you're always on my thoughts, I miss you.
Be strong and when you'll come back I will be here for you.
Old 12-01-2008, 03:56 PM

Thanks Stacy, give our love to Tammy, I know I'm still a newbie compared with others, but she always made me welcome!

Les.
Old 12-01-2008, 03:58 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Nitro
Color: Electric Blue
Rep:3930
BlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLRambler View Post
Thanks Stacy, give our love to Tammy, I know I'm still a newbie compared with others, but she always made me welcome!
She was the first one I ever really talked to on Nitroforumz when I joined. Next thing I know she is demanding my phone number and then we talked on the phone ALL the time!!

What I wouldn't give to have her call me to hear what Jacob did now.....

Like what you see? Support this fine site!

Go here for great how-to's and make sure you know the rules!

Make sure you show off your Ram by posting pics in the GALLERY!!

L.O.B.

Old 12-01-2008, 08:13 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Patriot
Trim Level: Latitude
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:40
DaveDees is on a distinguished road

As posted by Tammy on the Nitro 'Z':

"Stac, thanks so much for keeping everyon posted and thank you everyone for your support!! Ken, the planning has alreadt come into effect for the light at the intersection, we got the accident perot today from our insurance company and it looks like there were 2 18 wheelers and Jacob stopped at the stop sign and the first one in the right lane was turning onto the street he was pulling out of and the second one was hidden in the dark in the second lane and so when Jacob pulled out he was hit by the second vehicle.....so it really could have happened to anyone. I have to clean out his locker 2moro and that will hurt, but his friends will be there with me, thay are theraputic and so are you guys!!!

so if you hearts are up to it I would like to share the message from his funeral today.................

I need to do this because I lost a great man once and was ask to speak and I couldn’t do it and I regret it everyday….
I do not even know where to start, but I know that when Jacob’s friends knocked on my door to tell me what they had heard, a part of that mother’s instinct kicked in and deep down in my stomach where your children’s pains hurt you, I knew Jacob was gone, I didn’t want to believe it, but deep down I just knew.
I remember the doctor trying to tell me things and procedures and I just looked at him and ask when can I see my son and is he going to be okay, the words flowed from his mouth in slow motion….I don’t think anything will ever heal the hurt and emptiness I felt at that moment

There are so many memories of Jacob….. I could chatter about him all night long, 1 memory that will be w/ me always is when he was in the pre-k head start program, the ladies had to do home visits and it was right before the thanksgiving holiday, Mrs Moody and another lady came to my home and told me that the kids were in a circle saying what they were thankful for and they got, bikes and cats, and swimming pools and then it was Jacob’s turn and he looked them right in the eyes and said I am thankful for my momma, and I want to say to him now….. I am thankful for you, Jacob. I will treasure every single second of the 17 years God let me have you and when I grow up I want to be just like Jacob!

One night, he had been asleep for a couple of hours and we heard his shower and then he came into the living room all dressed and carrying his book bag, we were like dude what are you doing, he said I’m getting ready for school….I don’t think I had ever laughed that hard

I remember telling him things just being a mom and that boy would say, you can’t tell me what to do, you know who I am? I am Jacob Langston and I would always have to laugh and then tell him something that usually ended with me ripping off one of his limbs and beating him with them.

He told me and Joe while wielding a butter knife that we were gonna let him drive to school because he would cut us, he said, I don’t have a problem going back to prison.

I remember the first time I told him he could drive to school, he said oh my God momma, I love you so much right now, I can’t even tell ya how much.

This past summer Jacob took a trip to florida w/ his uncle James and aunts Jessica and Joanna to see uncle Nick and he wanted change for a 10 and put it in a machine at first he was excited like hitting triple cherries on a slot machine but when reality hit he was furious that got 10 dollars worth of quarters ……the machine said change and showed a picture of a quarter a dollar and a five, he thought he was gonna get back 4 quarters, 4 dollars and a five, so he had to carry around 2 pockets full of quarters the rest of his visit and kept trying to give them to anyone that would take them

I overheard him telling a friend that “my mom is cool, she has a myspace” but secretly I only had it so I could spy on him and you know I never found anything, so that is more solid proof that my boy was a good boy and so is the crowd he hangs out with. By the way you are soooo grounded, your friends don’t know the snitches get stitches law in our house, they are singing like canaries, they have been ratting you out since Tuesday night

…Jacob was funny and witty and 1 of a kind, he did things in his way, in his own time and never knew a stranger and looking around I know that he was loved and that he touched many lives, he was friends w/ the in crowd and the not so in crowd, he loved people and they just couldn’t help but love him back, he was a beautiful soul and he has achieved what we all strive for, I am comforted knowing he will be waiting for me when the good Lord calls me home

On Friday I got a message on Jacob’s myspace, it was very inspiring and if you are here you know who you are….I will share the last part as it has touched my heart and I will read it over and over in the days to come………..
Last year we had chemistry class together and one of the things i'll never fail to remember is a conversation we had with a guy in our grade. He randomly said he didn't believe in God and me and jacob were talking to him. And i'll never forget when jacob said "dude, look around, how can you not believe in God?"

Earlier than most, he recognized the beauty of God. I believe that God knew he was ready... he did good while on earth. Jacob recognized how precious life was….even when he did not see what was coming..

So yea that brings comfort to me and i hope it does to you too. Jacob was undoubtedly raise well. He had no enemies. How can someone like that be forgotten? I have no idea what your going through right now but when i go through troubles i think of this verse...

Rejoice always.
Pray without ceasing.
In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
1 Thessalonians 5:16

I am proud to be Jacob’s mom and proud that we taught him right and wrong and gave him the tools of wisdom and courage to fight for what he believed in, he was a child of God’s and I am thankful that our Lord chose me to be his mother

Jacob has told me a lot lately that his friends thought I was cool and he didn’t know why because I always threaten them w/ violence if they did something bad. I hope you all know that I think the world of everyone of, and you have a million cool points from me. Also you young men need to know that you are loved you and welcome you into our home anytime you want to talk and hang out or just sit in Jacobs room, I have done that a lot myself since Monday night.
I will miss his ˝ smile that he thought made him cool, 5000 dollars on those teeth and we never got to see them, I will miss him telling me that I need to tell paw-paw that his hair was cool and he didn’t need a hair cut, I wil miss washing all of his clothes because he changed them 3 times a day, I will miss the wet piles of car towels because he had to wash that car every single day, I will miss the words in a minute mom, but most of all, I will simply miss my boy.

I want to share a poem by Robert Frost, I loved it from the first moment I read it in the book the outsiders when I was 16 and Wednesday morning it hit me, Jacob was 100% pure gold and if you listen to the last line you will know why he is no longer with us….
Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
so dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.
I could stand here and tell you so many fond memories of my boy, but it would take me 17 years to fit them all in, I would just like to thank everyone for being here for us and for loving Jacob because I know he loved you all to the moon and back, so my dear sweet boy, please give old paw-paw a kiss and a great big hug and save us a spot on the swing, we will be there as a soon as we can"

All articles that coruscate with resplendence are not truly auriferous.
Old 12-15-2008, 01:42 PM

Vehicle: Nitro
Color: the only color-BLACK!
Rep:32
MeanGirl is on a distinguished road

just wanted to pop in and thank everyone for the prayers and support.

today is my first day back at work and I am doing okay, I have cried some, but it feels good being here....it is the only place in my life that is not a constant reminder of my son.....and I am busy as hell....lol

well lots of love to you all and thanks for being here for me!!
Old 12-15-2008, 02:50 PM

Vehicle: '08 Caliber & '09 Nitro
Trim Level: SXT CRD 2.0 / 2.8
Color: Stone White / Brilliant Black
Rep:426
LYC79 is just really niceLYC79 is just really niceLYC79 is just really niceLYC79 is just really niceLYC79 is just really nice

Welcome back Tammy , we missed you ! Glad to see you in.