DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 3RD Generation Dodge Ram 2002 to 2008 Dodge Ram Trucks > Heating & Cooling

Notices

Heating & Cooling 3rd Gen Dodge Ram Heating & Cooling Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-14-2009, 05:50 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Rep:10
rpreburn is on a distinguished road

the rams are infamous for having the recirc door break and that causes the door to hang half way down causing warm air and ouside air to come in i can almost gurantee thats the problem drop your blower motor 3 screws and reach in there and see if u can move that door if so its broke. i know this b/c i work for chrysler jeep dodge. and we do them all the time
Sponsored links
Old 01-14-2009, 09:59 PM
offlimits4wd

Update.....heat is blowing hot......Good thing its gonna be -20 tonight. After alot of back and forth it was the heater core. It stumped us because both hoses where hot going into the heater core. After I pulled the old one out I cut the sides off it and you can only see thru 7 of the tubes......Good luck to everyone else that has no heat and I hope this helps.
If you need any more info email me at rrockdriver@yahoo.com
Good luck and stay warm
Bryan
Old 01-16-2009, 10:02 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Rep:12
kenny senter is on a distinguished road

having same problem. Just bought a used 02 ram and only getting luke warm heat from the heater on full warm. I can hear lots of air, maybe turbulence from a broken door in the heater core/blower, in the passenger footwell, but no good heat from vents. No bueno

Will check into the "broken door" theory.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:54 PM
offlimits4wd

I went round and round with this problem.....The heater core had only a few cooling tubes not clogged. Thats enough to circulate but not heat. When i cut it open and looked at it there def was no chance for it to heat. There are like 30 tubes total.
Old 01-25-2009, 02:55 PM
gixxerrider2007

Default heater problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostjunkie1 View Post
Is there air blowing inside the cab, just not hot?
its is a comom problem, I have 2003 and the plastic piece where the elec motor to controls the vent doors same on all three doors, gets striped the was a recall but short lived, recall not open any more. I replace the power door and piece my self in 1.5 hours, comes with 2 doors annd new section of upper box about $35 at dealer( the cut cost of part down because the fu k u in the labor 1000 to change and they know its there faulty part but the willnot open a recall) uppper controls defrost, ac vent feet all directional air flow. lower controls hot and cold. upper is a 8.5 hr job at dodge I tryed it and there is just way to much stuff to take apert unless u in a heated garage. i spent 5 hrs with help and still did not finish.
good luck u can email me with ?
Old 02-21-2009, 05:00 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

BIGDOG is on a distinguished road

what's the best way to flush out heat core and water pump? had leaking radiator replaced with new one, now I have no heat
Old 02-22-2009, 01:47 AM
wesandmichelle

If I am not mistaken and I may very well the door that separates the heater core from the ac or outside air is vacuum actuated. If so the actuator could be faulty or you could have a vacuum, line disconnected. Just my 2 cents
Old 11-17-2009, 09:30 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
jasper2820004 is on a distinguished road

hello all, i was wondering if anyone had any answer as to what is causing all this heater issue, i have an 02 ram and like many, replaced the core, radiator and they even repleced the junction door, and still it gets heat on the passenger side, but not the driver side, and in the rockies now i need some heat!!!
Old 11-17-2009, 10:13 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: '01 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport with Off-Road
Color: Intense Blue
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:1588
Toms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper2820004 View Post
hello all, i was wondering if anyone had any answer as to what is causing all this heater issue, i have an 02 ram and like many, replaced the core, radiator and they even repleced the junction door, and still it gets heat on the passenger side, but not the driver side, and in the rockies now i need some heat!!!
Not sure model of Ram you have . So this is a swing in the dark . If you could go to the top of the page to the User Cp and complete your profile that would be great . Helps us see what you have when your posting a question . Sounds like you have a piece of ductwork detached or another door for the driver side has failed to open .