DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-15-2009, 02:49 PM
erm

Default It ain't a truck but I been having fun with it!

Some of you know my other Mopar is a 2006 Chrysler 300C SRT8. I had some more mods to do yesterday and I thought I'd share some pics!

I started with an Alpine Type S 10" sub and Alpine MRP-M500 amp I got from a friend over at one of the LX forums I hang out in.

I mocked up a box for the sub and amp a couple of weekends ago, just to see how it would all hook up. I've never done my own audio upgrade before but I was willing to learn. I had some great help from a buddy of mine who knows quite a bit about wiring.

The box was pretty gnarly, don't ya think???

Well, I made some changes.

Stripped out the box, pulled the wires down and shortened them some:

Mounted the amp to the underside of the rear package tray and mocked up the connections again. Now, they are all soldered and covered with shrinktube:

I scored a box from a friend who had decided to not do two subs in separate boxes and built one big assed box to hold them both.

So, I decided to turn it around and have the sub face the rear seat and called it good.

Thanks to my buddy Hank who spent the day at my house helping me get this done!
Old 02-15-2009, 02:54 PM
erm

But I wasn't done! I had some dash speakers and door speakers to install...

Here's the goodies:

I hate removing door panels! I have to replace a couple of those door panel retainers...honest I was careful but dang...those things are touchy! Anyway, the door speakers were installed with not too much problem.

So, on to the dash:

Making connections to the 3.5" Infinity Kappa Series dash spkrs:

Crossovers connected, ready to go into the hole and measure for any modification there...and there was some. Had to get out the Dremel to clearance some of the foam down in the hole so they'd seat far enough down so the grills would seat over them:

A little work with the Dremel and they slid right down where they needed to be:

All the speakers I installed will handle a lot more power than the stock Boston Acoustics amp will put out so I am gonna see what I can find that will fit under the dash and replace it.

All in all, with the sub in a good box and the speakers upgraded, it sounds sweeeeeeeeet!!!

No rattles, great sound, nice and bright with a real thump behind it.

I'm glad I put 3-ways in the rear but I may change out the 3-ways in the doors for some better mid/bass sound from a set of two ways.

And that wasn't all I did yesterday...
Old 02-15-2009, 03:00 PM
erm

I got a set of engine covers from a friend on one of the LX forums.

Here's what I started with:

I got them back from the painter Thursday. 2 coats of high temp primer, 4 Bright Silver Metallic color coats, 2 coats of good quality clear. This painter has done some other pieces for me and he's a real perfectionist. I'm glad he is!

And here they are installed:

Next up, some wire loom to cover up the crappy job the factory does with the wiring harness under the hood and some braided steel lines to replace the weak rubber stuff as well.

And....
Old 02-15-2009, 03:04 PM
erm

And...I upgraded the suspension a couple of weeks ago. KW coilovers with Hotchkis swaybars front and rear. It dropped it a bit.

Before:

After:

Old 02-15-2009, 06:05 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Patriot
Trim Level: Latitude
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:40
DaveDees is on a distinguished road

That is freaking awesome, Michael. The drop is almost in the weeds too, Great looking all around. I think the audio mods might get done on Diablo after all my other planned mods are complete, if they're ever completed.

All articles that coruscate with resplendence are not truly auriferous.
Old 02-15-2009, 06:11 PM
erm

Thanks, Dave. I'm not sure you ever get done modding...some are big, some are small. But they all are fun to do, which is why I keep doing it.

You tracking your package???
Old 02-15-2009, 07:29 PM

Vehicle: '08 Caliber & '09 Nitro
Trim Level: SXT CRD 2.0 / 2.8
Color: Stone White / Brilliant Black
Rep:426
LYC79 is just really niceLYC79 is just really niceLYC79 is just really niceLYC79 is just really niceLYC79 is just really nice

Wow you've been really busy yesterday Michael ! Good job ... and THANKS FOR THE PICS !!!
Old 02-15-2009, 08:04 PM
erm

I know I had better not post anything like this without pics, Licia...I'd be crucified by BlueJet if I did...LOL
Old 02-16-2009, 12:22 AM

Vehicle: Blue
Rep:3944
BlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADDOG View Post
I know I had better not post anything like this without pics, Licia...I'd be crucified by BlueJet if I did...LOL
Why would I do that? I was told to quit asking for them!!!

Great modding by the way!! Looked like fun!! The drop looks really good!
Old 02-16-2009, 12:32 AM
erm

LOL Stacy! Who told you that?

Thanks for the kind words. I'm getting to where I want to be on the car. But, I do have a CAI to install on the truck finally...A Volant! You recognize that name, don't ya!