DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.9 Liter V8
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.9 Liter V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-15-2009, 04:06 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Rep:10
oldrty is on a distinguished road
Default Another programmer post...

Ok, I'm new to the site as well as to modding my '99 4x4 5.9 Ram. I recently saw a listing locally for a Hypertech Power Programmer III that the guy used for 3 months in his 2000 5.9 Ram. He evidently sold the truck which is why he has the programmer for sale. My question is the Hypertech website lists a different part number for the 1999 and the 2000 Ram. But at the same time it lists different part numbers for most of this style truck. My question is, is there really any difference between the '99 and the '00? Will this programmer work in my truck? The price seems to be right, at $150. But that is too much to pay for something that wont work for my truck or will ruin my motor. Also, is this a good programmer? On their website but the listing they have for the PPIII actually says it's the Max Engergy on the chart they publish. Any idea what to expect as far as performance gains??? I basically want some more power (who doesn't) for towing/interstate driving, to be able to correct the speedometer (when I put the 33"s I have in the garage on it), and to maybe help with the shifting on light grades at highway speed. So far all I just have a K&N drop in filter, everything else is stock. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored links
Old 03-15-2009, 07:39 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2006 4*4 3/4 Quad, 5.9 Auto
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Khaki
Rep:12
cerres is on a distinguished road

Here's an idea.. try this
http://mopar.com/performance/muscle/...nes/index.html
Old 03-15-2009, 07:55 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member