DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video All custom mods on the interior of your Dodge Ram. Dodge Ram stereo mods, alarms, electronics, shift knobs, upholstery, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-25-2009, 12:17 PM
bigblackram

Default Plans for under seat sub box...

I was gonna make one this spring, So just sthought I would ask if anyone has all the measurements that they used? If not I will do all the measuring and post them when I get mine done. I saw a bunch of pics of mdf ones on the web, but no measurements. Going from those pics I should be able to get it done quite easily. If anyone else made one could you let me know the dimensions?
Thanks for your time!
Matt
Sponsored links
Old 03-25-2009, 02:44 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: R/T Baby!!!
Color: Bright White
Rep:2078
chithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond repute

Are you going with under seat because those are the common boxes for these trucks? Just curious. I will be putting together a center console box that replaces the center seat up front and still leaves all the storage underneath the rear seat. If you are interested, I would gladly pass those dimensions along. It will house a single 12" sub, with about 1 cu.ft. internal volume.
Old 03-25-2009, 03:22 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn
Color: White/Gold
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:40
StevoSRT is on a distinguished road

Make sure your demises have appropriate box volume for whatever sub you go with or it will sound meh haha

http://www.drivesrt.com/news/2012/12/srt-owner-profile-steve-crisalli-white-plains-new-york.html
Old 03-25-2009, 05:04 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 w/318
Trim Level: Ext. cab Laramie SLT
Color: White w/ graphics
Rep:19
Unbridled is on a distinguished road

Here's a link to a page with some free programs that will help with dimensions and porting of DIY cabs. http://www.linearteam.dk The winISD and winISD pro programs are what I use for my bass guitar cabinets. You have to experiment with the programs a while but you'll figure it out fairly fast.
Old 03-29-2009, 12:08 PM
bigblackram

I wanted to go under the rear seat cause i did not want to lose any seating area, and I kinda wanted it hiding from plain view. I assume I will have to go with ten inch subs if I do it under the rear seat for the volume of it right? I dont listen to any rap very often, just want some decent lows in there. Not too sure how I am gonna measure the cubic volume of the box once its built. Im not a huge stereo buff, so it does not have to be exact perfection just want the lows. I got a rough template cut out, when the weather is nicer Ill get the mdf cut and keep you posted. Right now, I have a board cut with two 12's in there now. Its not sealed, just to house the subs, Its good but I want better so thats why I am gonna try the sealed enclosure.. Thanks for your help guys!
Old 03-29-2009, 12:12 PM
bigblackram

Hey ChitHead, I would love to see your plans for the box though, Maybe I will go that way, I might be able to modify it a wee bit so I can get two 12's in there.... Good luck with the build bro, I would love to find out how it comes out!
Old 03-29-2009, 05:03 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: R/T Baby!!!
Color: Bright White
Rep:2078
chithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond repute

I remember trying that route with two Kicker CVR 12" subs, bolted a board right to the floor and sealed it off that way, you would not believe how bad the floor, doors, and even the roof rattled when I tried that. The floor would buckle in waves when those things would hit sometimes, very underrated subs. In a ported box, they destroyed the rearview mirror in that 2004 Ram. I am getting too old for that stuff though, so going more for sound quality this time.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:38 AM

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 5.7L
Trim Level: Hemi Sport
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:35
Danstona is on a distinguished road

Two places I have found that have a sub box for the ram... just current posts. One is on ebay and goes under the front center jump seat, and the other was the rear seats. The only thing is for me, I like to have the rear under seat storage, not to mention.. be able to fold up the seats, and lay out the rear tray to put stuff on. I'll get the URLs and post them so you guys can see. One guy was asking $250usd, and the other was $400cdn (came with 2 10" clarions)
This is the one for the rear seat....
http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-s...AdIdZ116870436

This is the one for the front seat, looks odd though and does not hide at all!
http://cgi.ebay.ca/02-08-Dodge-Ram-Q...3A1|240%3A1318

Last edited by Danstona; 03-30-2009 at 11:44 AM. Reason: added the urls!
Old 04-02-2009, 11:48 PM

Vehicle: 02 ram 1500 5.9
Trim Level: slt sport package
Color: BLACK
Rep:11
soco native is on a distinguished road

I had an 01 that I found a replacement center console seat for built a box that fired down with 1cf of air space and used the replacement seat to upholster the box and you couldn't tell it was a box it looked like a stock seat I don't know what year your truck is but it wasn't hard to do just need to find a replacement seat I still have the box but know have an 02 ram I will build a box under the rear seat the12volt.com has good volume calculators and lots of good info
Old 04-02-2009, 11:51 PM

Vehicle: 02 ram 1500 5.9
Trim Level: slt sport package
Color: BLACK
Rep:11
soco native is on a distinguished road

hey chithead I would like those dimensions are you gonna upholster the box to hide it