DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 2ND Generation Dodge Ram 1994 to 2001 Dodge Ram Trucks > Powertrain > 5.9L V8 Specific Topics

Notices

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-28-2009, 09:21 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2000 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: SLT LARAMIE
Color: Intense Blue Pearl
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:11
ph3nom3non03 is on a distinguished road
Default In dier need of advice!!!

ok heres my problem i have to much fuel spitting into my cylinders, plugs are black from the fuel not oil, next i compression tested the cylinders, all have good pressure and i even disconnected the fuel delivery line to the rail and pressurized the rail and injectors to about 170 psi and didnt drop let that sit for about 30 minutes and nothing i even tested the pressure coming from the fuel pump nothing so i went forward and changed the barometric pressure/ maf sensor and its still spitting too much fuel and not mixing the air to fuel mixture right because it has a slight rough idle when in park/drive/reverse/neutral so on so forth i cannot figure out where its hiding at...oh sorry also all the ignition system has good in tune spark even off my modis scanner and the cap/rotor/plugs and wires are all new checked them several times and off the scanner the plugs foul out individually every so often but i know its because of the massive fuel flow trying to drown the plugs there are no stall outs from drivability but if anyone has ran into this problem please let me know im stumbled on this and its killing me lol so let me know!!!! all posts are appreciated ...............
Sponsored links
Old 03-29-2009, 07:08 PM

BUMP!!!!!!
trying to get any info if anyone has any at all.... tried resetting the computer and letting it relearn it-self but the rough idle is still there. any ideas??? or is there any new update flashes?
Old 03-30-2009, 11:49 AM

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 5.7L
Trim Level: Hemi Sport
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:35
Danstona is on a distinguished road

One of two things I noticed you never mentioned that you checked. How are your o2 sensors? They will default out and set the mixture to a runable setting if they are bad or getting a bad signal. Also, the other thing is.... how is your intake, or air flow? Check that sensor and make sure your filter or intake is not clogged? Just a couple of suggestions.
Old 03-30-2009, 05:47 PM
erm

Two possible problem areas you should check out...the fuel pressure regulator and/or a leaky set of injectors. Injectors will leak if they haven't been cleaned. They either varnish up a bit or some micro particles prevent them from closing all they way between fueling intervals.

Last edited by erm; 03-30-2009 at 05:50 PM.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:15 PM

ok just getting back to you guys. sorry i didnt mention the O2 sensors.. they are in good working condition and as for the air flow we ran a test with and without the air intake attached and same dillio the intake gaskets are new and retested for any possible leak with some intake throttle body cleaner and sprayed around the intake and throttle body and no rpm jump or anything now as for the fuel pressure regulator is that in the tank? im not sure with the location of that cause i pressured the the fuel rail with the leading gas line disconnected and set it to 150 psi and didnt drop> we let it sit for almost an hour and i cleaned the injectors prolly 6x over with the shops supply of cat piss lol but still nothing and we did do a fuel pressure test and it was if i remember right set up around 150 mabe lil higher or lower dont take my word on it but i'll retest to get the exact amount then reved it did not spike the fuel pressure or drop any at all now im not 100% on the working condition of how the rams are spose to be running but is the fuel pressure spose to increase when the rpm's are brought up or stay the same as mine is doing? and i need to know more on the fuel pressure regulator because ive seen this problem with other rams from 94 til 02' so we all can see where it leads any help is awesome

Last edited by ph3nom3non03; 03-31-2009 at 09:55 PM.