DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 4.7 Liter V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 4.7 Liter V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 4.7-liter V8 engine - 310 horsepower, 330 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-14-2009, 05:16 PM
barefootinmomma

Default VERY open to suggestions!!

Okay y'all, I need suggestions!!!! I'm a little woman who always finds a way to compensate for my lack of altitude with attitude!

So, with that being said, I need some direction in what to do with my exhaust. I wanna go for more of the deep rumble sound...so what am I looking for?? LOL!

Then I wanna give it a little more giddy up & go! So what's the best way to go about doing that??

I could kick myself for not going with the Hemi sometimes! Oh, I can't say that too loud, I don't want "the baby" to get upset with me! LOL!!

Any suggestions, opinions, recommendations & the like will be GREATLY appreciated!!!
Sponsored links
Old 04-14-2009, 08:59 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: R/T Baby!!!
Color: Bright White
Rep:2078
chithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond repute

Speakers! And maybe an exhaust. Oh and a better intake. Then tint, maybe some custom handles, knobs, its the little things that count.
Old 04-15-2009, 07:10 AM
barefootinmomma

Daniel, thank you!! I think my first big undertaking is going to be the exhaust...then the intake. After those 2 are done, I'm going to be looking into the interior sound! I do spend a good bit of time at the beach and running the roads, so that is a must!
Old 04-15-2009, 11:21 AM
erm

Definitely go with an intake and exhaust. I've used quite a few different exhaust sytems and I prefer the sound of the Magnaflow mufflers myself.

An open filter K&N, Airaid or similar cold air intake would be a good choice.

Then, see if Hypertech or SuperChips makes a programmer for your truck.

Lastly, for the money, Alpine audio equipment is a great buy and it sounds good.

Go, little woman, GO!!!
Old 04-15-2009, 07:15 PM

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Lone Star 5.7
Color: Black
Rep:12
Aggie 5.7 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefootinmomma View Post
So, with that being said, I need some direction in what to do with my exhaust. I wanna go for more of the deep rumble sound...so what am I looking for?? LOL!

Then I wanna give it a little more giddy up & go! So what's the best way to go about doing that??

I could kick myself for not going with the Hemi sometimes! Oh, I can't say that too loud, I don't want "the baby" to get upset with me! LOL!!

Any suggestions, opinions, recommendations & the like will be GREATLY appreciated!!!
What I'm getting is the "go big or go home" right?

Deep rumble sound- any single chamber muffler (glasspacks) will get you this. You can also take off the muffler () Straightpipes are awesome and you will impress all your friends. My friend Darby has a WK with the 4.7 and a straightpipe and it sounds gnarly as hell!!! If you want even more bawlz (who doesn't?) Throw an intake on that bad boy. You really can't go wrong with name brand intakes (K&N, AFE etc)

If you want giddy up, give it a programmer or a chip. I'm not too familiar with who makes what for the 4.7, but I'm sure you can find something for a reasonable price!

Good luck!
Old 04-16-2009, 01:12 AM
barefootinmomma

OMG, y'all are AWESOME!!! Love the bomb animation, too, especially considering that my USMC Family is Ordnance...anything that goes BOOM warms my heart! Hehehehe!! I'm all about go big/hard or go home!! If you aren't the lead dog, stay on the porch! LOL!! I've been talking with some of the guys around here and aside from catching grief over not going 4wd or getting the 5.7, I'm getting the same responses from them...majority rules! Exhaust is gonna be swapped next week, I think. Got my intake & chip or programmer set to be put in as soon as the guys get back next month! Gotta love the ones that work for food & cocktails! ROTFL!!!! I can't wait to get all this going so I can share my fun with y'all!!!!!!
Old 04-16-2009, 03:20 AM

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Lone Star 5.7
Color: Black
Rep:12
Aggie 5.7 is on a distinguished road

I'm so excited that you're so excited!!!

Can't wait for the pics/vids

What parts did you decide to go with?
Old 04-21-2009, 08:46 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Rep:13
CBASS2582 is on a distinguished road

i got dual magnaflow on my 96 dodge ram it makes a good rumble but straight pipes are real loud im planning on doing that soon
alpine subs are the best i have heard
Old 04-22-2009, 10:03 AM
erm

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefootinmomma View Post
OMG, y'all are AWESOME!!! Love the bomb animation, too, especially considering that my USMC Family is Ordnance...anything that goes BOOM warms my heart! Hehehehe!! I'm all about go big/hard or go home!! If you aren't the lead dog, stay on the porch! LOL!! I've been talking with some of the guys around here and aside from catching grief over not going 4wd or getting the 5.7, I'm getting the same responses from them...majority rules! Exhaust is gonna be swapped next week, I think. Got my intake & chip or programmer set to be put in as soon as the guys get back next month! Gotta love the ones that work for food & cocktails! ROTFL!!!! I can't wait to get all this going so I can share my fun with y'all!!!!!!
You can install your programmer yourself if ya want. Easy to do. Just plug it in and follow the directions. If I may, I'd suggest the first thing you do is RTFM (Read The F***ing Manual). As far as the intake, if you can't reach (and I know you are small of stature but you know how to Go Big!) then by all means, wait for the guys to return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBASS2582 View Post
i got dual magnaflow on my 96 dodge ram it makes a good rumble but straight pipes are real loud im planning on doing that soon
alpine subs are the best i have heard
I have an Alpine S-1043D 10" sub hooked to an Alpine M-500 monoblock sub in a SubZero box in my Chrysler 300C SRT8 and love it. They are a great bang for the buck. Not gonna win any audio contests but all I need is good, clean sound with some bass line behind it.

I have a 10" Kicker sub sitting in the garage, that I pulled out of the Chrysler, that I need to install in the truck. Just need to find the right amp (the MOPAR/Kicker accessory amp that came with the car sucked) and a box that will fit under the rear seat.
Old 04-22-2009, 01:38 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: R/T Baby!!!
Color: Bright White
Rep:2078
chithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond repute

Now that's what I like to hear . . . audio upgrades for the win!