DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram 2009+ Dodge Ram Trucks > Body & Interior
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Body & Interior 4th Gen Dodge Ram Body & Interior Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-24-2009, 11:54 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2009 ram 1500 crew cab
Trim Level: slt
Color: bright silver
Rep:22
red041500 is on a distinguished road
Default off to a bad start !!!

i hope things get better , me and my 09 are off to a terrible start. found a spot on the tailgate where it looks like they missed when it was painted. looks like the primer bleeding thru the paint , but the main reason i took it in was because i rolled down the window yesterday and it pulled off all the window stripping along the bottom of the window and sucked it into the door and sounds like the window motor is ingesting it . also asked them to check into the idle , seems alittle rough to me , my old truck with 90,000 miles idled smoother.
Sponsored links
Old 04-24-2009, 06:45 PM
Big Country

There is a PCM flash out for the rough idle. Hopefully they will get the other things taken care of for you. Just hang in there!
Old 04-24-2009, 07:22 PM
erm

Hang in there...new models have some problems from the get go but that paint issue is just not right and neither is the window issue. They should fix them both.

As far as the idle...do you have a HEMI? They do have a lumpy idle if some accessories such as defrost or A/C are on.
Old 04-25-2009, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADDOG View Post
As far as the idle...do you have a HEMI? They do have a lumpy idle if some accessories such as defrost or A/C are on.
thanks for the responses guys... i love the truck , just the window and idle got me worried as to what the furure holds in store.
the window they are taking care of , parts ordered. the idle they are trying to tell me is normal , after it warms up and you come to a stop after a few secods you feel a thud and the idle get alittle rougher than usual , im gonna ask about it again , i know its bad , even the old lady said "whys this truck got the shacky shacky's ? ". the paint they offered to respray the tail gate but i dont know , its not real noticable but its there and they all agree its under the clear coat. i dont know if i want them torespray the gate , never seen a body guy that could do a job as good as factory paint , never seems to match and most everybody i showed it to really had to look to see it.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:14 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn
Color: White/Gold
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:40
StevoSRT is on a distinguished road

I have had a few little issues with my truck so far....biggest issue is theres no replacement parts yet lol....so if something goes....uh oh! lol....

i should know...so far they have had to steal something off one truck...and im waiting for another part to get in lol

http://www.drivesrt.com/news/2012/12/srt-owner-profile-steve-crisalli-white-plains-new-york.html
Old 04-26-2009, 11:49 AM
erm

So, do you have the HEMI? They do shake a bit, especially if A/C or defrost is on.
Old 04-26-2009, 02:22 PM

Quote:
So, do you have the HEMI? They do shake a bit, especially if A/C or defrost is on.
yeah it has the hemi. its something i could get used to but for the wife to notice it i thought it must be bad. i told here it was all the hemi power trying to get out.....

i was also surprised to find out that its listed as having 20" all aluminum chrome clad wheels..... who'da thunk that meant a chrome hubcap , downside is it comes across to me as dodge being to cheap to just chrome plate the whole rim , upside is im gonna try to find a set of the covers on ebay and have them painted or coated to color match the truck or maybe black. im thinking black wheels on the silver truck with black steps and a black bed cover would look smokin.

as a whole i love the truck as compaired to my old junkalanche . power and ride is not even compairable. cant wait to see how its gonna do towing. being a sport mobel its like owning a truck till you get inside , all the bells and whistles and comfort of a cadillac.
Old 04-26-2009, 04:13 PM
erm

What I'd do is get a DiabloSport Predator programmer. One of the cool features of that tool is an option to raise your idle. I used that option on my Chrysler 300C SRT8 6.1L HEMI and 50 rpm made all the difference in the world!
Old 04-26-2009, 08:24 PM

Quote:
What I'd do is get a DiabloSport Predator programmer.
i was reading a post here a week or so ago and they stated they were still working on the predator for the 2009 ram trucks. hopefully they will be available soon. so a little shackin at idle is nature of the beast for the 5.7 hemi ? i can live with it , its not terrible , just noticable.
Old 04-27-2009, 03:53 PM

Vehicle: Chrysler 300
Trim Level: Touring
Color: Satin Jade Metallic
Rep:317
300 Addict is a jewel in the rough300 Addict is a jewel in the rough300 Addict is a jewel in the rough300 Addict is a jewel in the rough

Warranty is your friend!