DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion Have you had a good experience with your Dodge Ram Dealer? Had a bad one? Let us know about it in here! - Dodge Ram Production Questions - Order Status - VIN Tracking - Etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-18-2009, 07:09 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Rep:10
townsley4 is on a distinguished road
Angry Bought an 01 Ram...problems with it and the dealer!

ok...soo heres the problem. i bought the truck about 4 weeks ago. I have had problems with it ever since. When we wer in the process of buying it, the dealer kept telling us, "our mechanics have looked at it and it and everythin looked good before we put it out on the lot." ok, so i trusted their word. well when i took it to 2 different mechanics..they told me that i needed new u-joints, new ball joints, new shocks, and a new steering stabalizer and a pinion seal. AND ontop of that....their is a loud whining noise in reverse when the truck is cold. so i have taken the truck back to the dealer to have them look at it...ALL day. they said "we cannot duplicate the problem, but we put more transmission fluid in it" so i took it back home and it still made the loud whining nois. so i got online and printed out a sheet that explained what all it could be. when i went to drop my truck off the night before they looked at it, i put that sheet in the folder for them to see it. well they had the truck ALL day and when i went to go pik it up at 4...i sat there for AN HOUR AND A HALF waiting for them to see how much a transmission pump would be. ok...back the **** up...that truck has been in the shop more than its been in my driveway..and they are just now telling me i need a knew pump when they have had the truck in the shop for so long for the same reason?!?!? i am so pissed at them. and i still haev to go get all new parts for the front end because the steering is loose as a bitch, but thats 1800$ worth of repairs! and i just bouht the truck!!!
Sponsored links
Old 05-18-2009, 11:31 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: '06 Ram Quad Cab HEMI
Trim Level: SLT
Color: FLAME RED
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:23
Sparky is on a distinguished road

Was it a dodge dealer? are they charging you for the labor? If they are not reasonable, because they said it was good. Call the BBB(Better Business Bureau) on them!!!

here is a link to the BBB

http://www.bbb.org/online/
Old 05-19-2009, 08:49 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie Crew
Color: White
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:13
DavidNM is on a distinguished road

The only real power you have with these sons of $itches is to go out and get the vehicle inspected BEFORE you sign a deal with the devil. I remember your first post a month ago - and people were saying the price was a bit too high, that you needed to get your mechanic to look at the vehicle and you needed a carfax.

OK - so now we are here - and there's a problem.

The only way to deal with these people is to use the phrase - if they shoot at me with a gun I shoot back with a cannon. If they shoot at me with a cannon - I shoot back with a nuke.

You need to contact the BBB, you need to contact the fraud division of your attorneys general office - and if these people are a new car dealer - you need to contact the car manufacturer and file a complaint.

You need to go NUTS on them. You need to go CRAZY on them. You need to be the loudest SQUEAKY WHEEL they have ever heard. If you aren't, they are simply going to continue to $uck with you. You need to remember that you are dealing with the lowest form of scum in the deepest part of the pond.

If you get no-where with them you need to stand in front of the dealership with a sign that reads "Blind Mechanics on Duty"

Their web site you sent talks about this 60 point inspection. That's where you might be able to prove the fraud. You will need good, documented inspection reports that state that these problems existed before you bought the car. Then you need to go to the dealer with the report and a copy of their claim to a 60 point inspection. You need to tell the dealer that they faked the inspection and lied about the condition of the vehicle. Then you need to tell the dealer to either make this right or you will sue him an a$$hole the size of Cleveland.

Last edited by DavidNM; 05-19-2009 at 11:52 AM.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:58 AM
mbaldasaro03

i have a 98 ram i have like a 1/4 turn of play in my wheel befor the truck turns u havein the same problem?
Old 05-19-2009, 07:33 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

yes, i have the same problem. maybe more than that.

and i have went into the dealer and ranted and all that ****...and the sales guy said "i talked ot my mechaninc and he said it was loose bolt on transmission." he told me that it could have came loose even on the way over to the dealer. then he told me that the u-joints and ball joints were fine when they first got the truck and inspected it before he put it ont he lot, then when i went to complain about what was wrong with them, eh told me..."they could have gone bad from poelple test driving the truck." The truck has only been on their for a month! wtf?! did they go test it offroad or something??!?!?
Old 05-19-2009, 10:09 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by townsley4 View Post
yes, i have the same problem. maybe more than that.

and i have went into the dealer and ranted and all that ****...and the sales guy said "i talked ot my mechaninc and he said it was loose bolt on transmission." he told me that it could have came loose even on the way over to the dealer. then he told me that the u-joints and ball joints were fine when they first got the truck and inspected it before he put it ont he lot, then when i went to complain about what was wrong with them, eh told me..."they could have gone bad from poelple test driving the truck." The truck has only been on their for a month! wtf?! did they go test it offroad or something??!?!?
Whose mechanic did you talk to - 'yours' or the one who works for the DEALER?
Old 05-20-2009, 08:05 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

no, i took it to my mecahninc, and i took it to mieneke....thats where i got all what is wrong with it....but in my posts...im saying what they said their mecahnincs had told them
Old 05-20-2009, 10:42 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by townsley4 View Post
no, i took it to my mecahninc, and i took it to mieneke....thats where i got all what is wrong with it....but in my posts...im saying what they said their mecahnincs had told them
Did your mechanics tell you that things could have gone south once you drove off the lot - or are you being told by the auto dealer folks that their mechanics told them that things could have gone south after you drove off?
Old 05-21-2009, 02:17 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2001 Ram
Trim Level: Magnum
Color: Black
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rebhays27 is on a distinguished road

Find the name of a local well known ambulance chaser attorney (you don't even have to talk to them) and you local "on your side" news reporter and when you talk to the dealer and they do not resolve your answers and if they tell you the problem did not exist prior to your buying the truck ask them if you can get that in a written statement from the person your talking to and from the service manager. "When" he tell you they can't do that tell them you spoke with (insert attorney's name here and reporter's name) they told you had to ask before they would get involved. Tell them you will also be contacting your BBB and tell them "once I file my claim I will not remove the complaint regardless of the resolution especially if I have to get (insert attorney's name here and reporter's name) involved". Definately follow up with the BBB and tell them the shop was aware of the issue before you bought it. Keep all names times and numbers you call. Do call the local news reporter and at least try, if they don't fix your issue. If your in a smaller town word of mouth goes a long way. DO NOT get angry, yell or raise your voice or they will tell you to leave. Nothing speaks louder than a persistant customer of course a big sign on your windshield you can see from the entry to the shop bay wouldn't hurt either I worked with face to face customer service before and trust me just mentioning a well known lawyer turns heads of anyone listening but DO NOT say I hired or I'm going to hire, or I'm getting an attorney. They are instructed to end conversations immediately and refer you to the main office. You'll get nowhere then, except maybe with the BBB.
Good Luck

Last edited by Rebhays27; 05-21-2009 at 02:21 AM.
Old 05-26-2009, 01:58 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

alright, well im taking it there tonight. to let them have it ALL day again tommorow. i just got it out of teh shop after putting 1400$ in it that their mecahnics couldnt find, but i went to 2 reputable mecahnics and got the same problems. so i have transmission issues..(ive had them since i got the truck) i called them today and i told them...i am tired of having to bring my truck here to get it fixed. thsi will eb the 6th or 7th time of you guys working on it, and trying to find out whats wrong. i told them i want the transmission fixed and i want it fixed right, and im not taking the truck home until it is fixed, otherwise i want my money back and my dakota i traded in for it. I also told him that i will be contacting the BBB. i also want to put a full page ad. in teh paper about how TOYOTA SUCKS! anyway...im supposed to leave it there tongiht and let them have it again all day tommorow. Im getting sick of these piece of **** sales men and mechanics there. oh and i also said i will eb writing a complaint letter to the owner of toyota.