DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion Have you had a good experience with your Dodge Ram Dealer? Had a bad one? Let us know about it in here! - Dodge Ram Production Questions - Order Status - VIN Tracking - Etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-07-2009, 12:55 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2007 Ram 1500 Hemi
Trim Level: Jus The TRX
Color: Inferno Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:41
HoltFF1074 is on a distinguished road
Talking Friendship Dodge-Bristol,Tn "WOW" is the word

Thought i'd give some heads on my trip to my dealer today which led to some results unexpected.1st i called Mon to schedule an oil change as Wifey had said the CkEngine Lite came on Sunday.That was shocking to me as i have jus over 18K on my 07 5.7 HemiRam.Well i was told they were too busy to make it Mon,so i settled on 8AM 2day.Well i had mentioned i had one of their flyers/coupons which among service options was a offer for a (5qt) oil change for jus under $20. I ask if i may have this to honor my oil change for the same price(5.7 uses 7qts) before coming out today.I was told yes,i should share I've been lucky enough to be one of the first to have service done since this dealership re-open last year under a new owner.So B4 getting to the dealer 2day,i had had a friend @ the zone do a systems ck on the truck yesterday and that showed #1 to be misfiring,but a lil wiggle of the coil,the lite has gone off.....at least for now.So i FINALLY am at the dealer and i take my coupon/flyer and the service writer ask me if anything else needed.I just said no,oil change only as i couldn't pass up this deal.Plus i had been qouted a $20 change 2-3wks earlier by a old friend (one of the corp wheels for this dealership) and his close corp co-worker. I couldn't help but share this as well.... Well as me & Wifey were sitting and waiting on the service to be done,we overheard the service writer enter behind us,approach another customer....call him by my last name and mention to him that service records warranted a tire rotation.He ask if He(maybe thinking he was me..) wanted to have the rotation done. THE GUY SAID YEA! Wow,we thought theres another guy named SuperfragilisticXbeAlidoesa in the same building.How Odd. Anywho...as i finally was ready,almost 1.5hrs later i was told SIR...That'll be $44.12! I bout passedout! I asked how this happen as i had the coupon and the ser writer came back and said well the rotation i ask u......Uh I said,that wasn't me U spoke too. Should've see his look when he realized i was correct. Ok...he said he'd correct and the prob,but B4 he could the girl at the counter said she'd correct it.Ya kno what....they still came back with a charge of 28.55 which included some charge called a $1.71 "Customer Pay Shop Charge for REPAIR ORDER" HUH? Wat the*&^% is that???? Anyway,disgrunted but calm,i leave.As i pas the sr writer he gives the usual 'Da Da Da Customer Fix' speech and i only say i hate i had missed the op to recieve the $20 qoute given me earlier.
In fairness,i was asking for a deal that goes beyond what one could xpect from most dealers to honor,much less offer.So i walked out with having a warranty call to ck my engine for symptoms.a tire rotation & a 7qt oil change for $28.55. Hard to complain really.
Heres the most shocking moment.my cell rings as we head out from just having breakfest.It was the service writer.He was again trying to apologize for all that went south this morn and then said.......I'm not even going to cash your check,I'll just tear it up and if you wish,you may come get it,or if you trust me i can dispose of it. I'm more than shocked....I'm just,well i can't get it out of my mind.But B4 ending the call,i told him he was a hella Service Guy and Pleasekeepme in mind on the next scheduled Oil Change/Coupon offer.Whichever comes first. What else can i say,i know i was first made the $20 offer after pulling in to look over some 09's and discovered my friend to be a major player at this dealership. Well,lets say that if the stars were to align correctly,then i may seriously consider buying my next truck there.That could be sometime B4 ever doing so,but if service continues to make me smile like this......it's a done deal.
Sponsored links
Old 07-07-2009, 01:35 PM

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram Quad 1500
Trim Level: ST
Color: Silver
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:14
ljonesj is on a distinguished road

congrats on the dealership actually trying to help u. and by the way i am not far from u i live in kingsport tn so my dodge dealer got the can from Chrysler so i may head ur way for dealer work if i can
Old 07-07-2009, 01:59 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: R/T Baby!!!
Color: Bright White
Rep:2078
chithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond repute

Cool, good customer service is always nice to hear about.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:38 PM

Default Glad to share such good news!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljonesj View Post
congrats on the dealership actually trying to help u. and by the way i am not far from u i live in kingsport tn so my dodge dealer got the can from Chrysler so i may head ur way for dealer work if i can
Quote:
Originally Posted by chithead View Post
Cool, good customer service is always nice to hear about.
I was really surprised at how this whole thing worked out today.Sure convinced me togive em anutter try!
Jones,i'll keep a lookout for ya I'm from the Va side of town,glad 2 kno a close forum member.like Chithead i have the inferno red 07.But when i can on days like today....i try a 100+miles on my bike!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SDC12123.jpg (90.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Ram 5.jpg (31.9 KB, 6 views)
Old 07-08-2009, 02:27 AM

nice bike even thou i really dont like sport bikes i like crusiers myself
Old 07-08-2009, 11:41 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1996 ram
Color: maroon
Engine: 1994-1997 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp
Rep:10
rollin is on a distinguished road

im in kport myself guys and gals
Old 07-08-2009, 03:05 PM

Default Dealership Chopping Block

Did Alley's in Kingsport get the Axe as a Dodge dealer? I thought i caught this on the radio recently.
Old 07-08-2009, 04:53 PM

Vehicle: Chrysler 300
Trim Level: Touring
Color: Satin Jade Metallic
Rep:317
300 Addict is a jewel in the rough300 Addict is a jewel in the rough300 Addict is a jewel in the rough300 Addict is a jewel in the rough

Not something you see from too many dealers. Great to hear you were taken care of and there are still some great people out there!
Old 07-09-2009, 02:32 AM

yeah they lost their contract but they still have jag and saab for the time being