DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 3RD Generation Dodge Ram 2002 to 2008 Dodge Ram Trucks > Body & Interior

Notices

Body & Interior 3rd Gen Dodge Ram Body & Interior Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-22-2009, 07:13 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:10
jbeanes is on a distinguished road
Default Sun Visor falls down on 2002 Ram

The drivers side sun visor on my '02 1500 4WD Ram will not stay up. This is the version with no mirror or light. It simply has the slot for putting a map or some minimal paper work....and it will extend when using in the side position.

Does this visor have an internal collet of smeomthing like that that I can adjust to make it tighter and stay up??

Thanks,
JB in NC
Sponsored links
Old 06-22-2009, 09:19 PM
Dodge Ram Forum - Dodge Truck Forum - Dodge Ram Club

Vehicle: SRT-10
Color: Red
Engine: 2004-2006 505ci (8.3L) Viper V10 510hp 535lb/ft
Rep:434
Quiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enough

Wish I could help, at present I have velcro holding mine up.
Old 06-23-2009, 12:51 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2002 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: ST
Color: Silver
Ramblerman is on a distinguished road

I have the same exact truck with the same exact visors! My driver's side visor is very close to being at the point where it will not stay up at all. Right now it stays up most of the time, depending on it's exact position. As far as I know, unless you want to snug it up by putting tape around the snap-in part near the mirror, you would have to buy a complete new visor assembly. My truck has 98,000 miles, so I guess it deserves a little sagging.

Daniel
Old 06-23-2009, 12:54 AM
erm

Check the spot where the visor arm goes into the fixture at the headliner. You may find some screws there that just need to be tightened a bit. I suspect you'll find some set screws there.
Old 06-23-2009, 08:49 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

jbeanes is on a distinguished road

My truck has 136K miles so I guess I'm not too disappointed either. Thanks fellas.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:54 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: R/T Baby!!!
Color: Bright White
Rep:2078
chithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't there usually a spring on the backside of the assembly that bolts to the roof that applies tension to the arm? I am not sure on the new trucks. I know on my older ones I would put washers behind the spring to apply more tension to keep them from dropping down on gravel roads.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:23 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge ram 2500 HEMI
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:14
davsram is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to davsram
Default visor

same issue with mine i use a paper clip works well
Old 08-03-2009, 07:50 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 QuadCab
Trim Level: SLT LoneStar Edition
Color: Brilliant White
Rep:12
HotRodQuad is on a distinguished road
Default Sun Visor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramblerman View Post
I have the same exact truck with the same exact visors! My driver's side visor is very close to being at the point where it will not stay up at all. Right now it stays up most of the time, depending on it's exact position. As far as I know, unless you want to snug it up by putting tape around the snap-in part near the mirror, you would have to buy a complete new visor assembly. My truck has 98,000 miles, so I guess it deserves a little sagging.

Daniel
I have a 2004 QuadCab. My passenger side visor was falling down.....it wouldn't stay up at all. I went to the dealer on Friday and had it replaced.....for a cost of $122!! The darn thing doesn't even match the original one. The new ones have some sort of plastic trim around the little bar that snaps into the support clip. The original is all cloth. Also, the seltbelt warning tag is slapped on near the top, close to the middle of the visor! This would be okay if I didn't have custom covers for these warning signs. The new visor looks really cheap and I'm upset that the warning sign is no longer at the bottom outside position. I paid a lot of money for those custom covers. I'm tempted to take it back to the dealer, have it removed, and get a refund......I had them put the old one in the backseat, but the mechanic put his greasy fingerprints on it......so I may be screwed. I'm just really unhappy with the whole experience. I usually get treated really well at the dealer, but this time really sucked. BTW, my dealer is Huffines Dodge in Plano, TX.
Old 11-04-2011, 03:47 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew, 4x4
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Garnet
Engine: 2002-2003 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp 335lb/ft
SteepleJack is on a distinguished road

I have the same problem with both visors...I have been thinking about it and living with it for a while. I just looked on LMC and the sell visors of course...but they had a not that suggested you "Bend the rod slightly to tighten the sun visor on the rod". I will be trying this! I can believe I did not think of this as it is how I fix door that are not level and open or close by themselves. Bend the hinge pin for added friction...wha-la. I will let you know the reults...when I actually get around to it.
Old 11-21-2011, 01:33 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew, 4x4
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Garnet
Engine: 2002-2003 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp 335lb/ft
SteepleJack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteepleJack View Post
I have the same problem with both visors...I have been thinking about it and living with it for a while. I just looked on LMC and the sell visors of course...but they had a not that suggested you "Bend the rod slightly to tighten the sun visor on the rod". I will be trying this! I can believe I did not think of this as it is how I fix door that are not level and open or close by themselves. Bend the hinge pin for added friction...wha-la. I will let you know the reults...when I actually get around to it.
It helped some but not enough to be the final solution...still going to replace them.