DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion Have you had a good experience with your Dodge Ram Dealer? Had a bad one? Let us know about it in here! - Dodge Ram Production Questions - Order Status - VIN Tracking - Etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-13-2009, 06:15 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2002 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Bright Red
Engine: 2002-2003 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp 335lb/ft
Rep:11
Zekery360 is on a distinguished road
Default McKays Dodge- Waite Park, MN

Here is a good story for you guys. A couple weeks ago, I bring in my truck for some shifting trouble. Its the old 5.9 powertrain, so not very surprising. They diagnose it, and say we will have it to you tomorrow. I think, sweetness, that isn't too bad for paying my $200 deductible on my extended warranty. The next day, when I go to get it, it will not shift into park, and is stuck in reverse. Sweet. I tell them that it isn't fixed, and they give me a loaner car (thank God!) and send me on my way for an undefined amount of time. The next day, I get a call that I can come pick it up, and I gladly race over in the loaner and get it. Works fine until I have to throw it in park. Now it is just picky about when it wants to slip into park. I didn't have time to bring it in until today, about two weeks after all that. A couple days ago though, I got a CEL up. Brought it to AutoZone to get scanned. PO740- Torque Converter Clutch Circuit. I think to myself, fine, it is probably something simple. Bring it in today to find NOPE!! They have to order parts from Minneapolis. What parts you ask? A NEW TORQUE CONVERTER!! WTF!!! So here I am, without a loaner this time, as they were out of them. I have to find rides for another day and a half, because their tranny tech is an a$$clown.... Thanks for reading my venting. These guys aren't all bad, but this just sucks ballz!!
Sponsored links
Old 07-13-2009, 06:23 PM

Vehicle: Chrysler 300
Trim Level: Touring
Color: Satin Jade Metallic
Rep:317
300 Addict is a jewel in the rough300 Addict is a jewel in the rough300 Addict is a jewel in the rough300 Addict is a jewel in the rough

Venting is good! It also show how incompetant some of these dealers are! Sorry for your experience man!
Old 07-20-2009, 10:46 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 2500
Trim Level: SLT Bighorn
Color: Deep Cherry
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
t05ks is on a distinguished road

had some work done at the same shop Zekery. The tranny in my 96 went out on me some time back. They gave me the option of putting in a new remanufactured tranny or saving a few bucks and having their tranny expert put it together. Well i should have went with my first thought and have them put in a remanufactured tranny that would have had a 3 yr warranty, but the guy assured me that they would fix the old one up like new. A few days later I picked up the truck. took a little longer than expected because the first torque converter they installed was bad from the mexican rebuilders, that and they had to pull the valve body off more than once to "polish the valves". Well anyway I get it home (ran fine), the next morning i backed out of the garage and when i put it in drive nothing happened for several seconds before it would go into drive (ist gear). This r to d hesitation continued for several more days at which time I brought the truck back to them and told them (service counter guy) exactly what it was doing and when. Well I get a call a couple of hours later and they couldnt find anything wrong and proceded to tell me that the bill was $80.00! I asked the guy why i was being charged, and that i had just paid them $2800. You would think that for that kind of money the tranny would be as good as new. At which point the service guy informed me prickishly that "Its an old truck What do you expect". Well that kind of set me off a bit as you could well imagine. I dont think he would have talked to me the way he did if I would have been on the other side of the counter face to face. Short story long, the truck still has tranny issues which ive tried to corrected through them. Ive finally given up. If you know of a GOOD mopar mechanic in the area let me know.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:49 PM

Wow, when I went back the second time they wrote it up as warranty work... At least I know not to go there for any more major stuff for sure. Try St. Cloud Transmission. Its a little ways down the road from McKays. I know someone who works there, and he always talks about how good their tranny tech is. I met him and he seems really knowledgable. If you run across the money to try and fix it again, try that place. And good luck!!!
Old 07-21-2009, 09:11 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Thanks for the info, will have to give them a call. I don't think that the guy who I had to deal with still works at Mckay's. That aside, When my daughter brought her car there to have a new head installed they wanted to install additional parts like a new radiator (old ones probably plugged...) they even wanted to get a different engine. These items were suggested by the mechanic. I had to talk them out of it, I knew the radiator was in perfect shape because it had been replaced about a year earlier with a new one (they didnt know that) and there were other possibilities that they were trying to feed me. I kind of felt like i was being sized up for the wallet kill to a certain extent. Anyway, thanks again i will talk to St.cloud transmission.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:54 PM
erm

It seems no dealers are carrying much more than regular service parts inventory anymore. Everything has to be ordered!
Old 08-04-2009, 11:37 PM

I wish there was another Dodge dealer close by for me to get service and buy vehicles from.... I guess I will have to drive a bit or deal with these fools...
Old 08-05-2009, 10:28 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Zekery, Have you checked out "Brandl motors" over by little falls? I was Impressed by the honesty of one of their salesman when I stopped in to look at a new truck. I like to ask ?'s that I allready know the answer's to. If I get the right response this gives me a better feeling about a dealership. Most of the time the floor guy pleads ignorant or gives me a line like "Oh that used to be a problem but not in this years model" This seems to be pretty common across all the dealers GM, Dodge etc.. I couldnt tell you what their service dept reputation is like but, when it comes time for a new truck I'm thinking that BrandL will most likely get my business. I know it won't be that "other" dealership.
Old 08-06-2009, 05:46 PM

Vehicle: '01 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport with Off-Road
Color: Intense Blue
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:1588
Toms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by birch01 View Post
had some work done at the same shop Zekery. The tranny in my 96 went out on me some time back. They gave me the option of putting in a new remanufactured tranny or saving a few bucks and having their tranny expert put it together. Well i should have went with my first thought and have them put in a remanufactured tranny that would have had a 3 yr warranty, but the guy assured me that they would fix the old one up like new. A few days later I picked up the truck. took a little longer than expected because the first torque converter they installed was bad from the mexican rebuilders, that and they had to pull the valve body off more than once to "polish the valves". Well anyway I get it home (ran fine), the next morning i backed out of the garage and when i put it in drive nothing happened for several seconds before it would go into drive (ist gear). This r to d hesitation continued for several more days at which time I brought the truck back to them and told them (service counter guy) exactly what it was doing and when. Well I get a call a couple of hours later and they couldnt find anything wrong and proceded to tell me that the bill was $80.00! I asked the guy why i was being charged, and that i had just paid them $2800. You would think that for that kind of money the tranny would be as good as new. At which point the service guy informed me prickishly that "Its an old truck What do you expect". Well that kind of set me off a bit as you could well imagine. I dont think he would have talked to me the way he did if I would have been on the other side of the counter face to face. Short story long, the truck still has tranny issues which ive tried to corrected through them. Ive finally given up. If you know of a GOOD mopar mechanic in the area let me know.
Need to contact the service manager and let him have it . Don't pay your $80.00 bill and go see that service guy and jerk a knot in his neck . If you don't get satisfaction , contact Chrysler reps .
Old 08-06-2009, 05:49 PM

Vehicle: '01 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport with Off-Road
Color: Intense Blue
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:1588
Toms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekery360 View Post
Here is a good story for you guys. A couple weeks ago, I bring in my truck for some shifting trouble. Its the old 5.9 powertrain, so not very surprising. They diagnose it, and say we will have it to you tomorrow. I think, sweetness, that isn't too bad for paying my $200 deductible on my extended warranty. The next day, when I go to get it, it will not shift into park, and is stuck in reverse. Sweet. I tell them that it isn't fixed, and they give me a loaner car (thank God!) and send me on my way for an undefined amount of time. The next day, I get a call that I can come pick it up, and I gladly race over in the loaner and get it. Works fine until I have to throw it in park. Now it is just picky about when it wants to slip into park. I didn't have time to bring it in until today, about two weeks after all that. A couple days ago though, I got a CEL up. Brought it to AutoZone to get scanned. PO740- Torque Converter Clutch Circuit. I think to myself, fine, it is probably something simple. Bring it in today to find NOPE!! They have to order parts from Minneapolis. What parts you ask? A NEW TORQUE CONVERTER!! WTF!!! So here I am, without a loaner this time, as they were out of them. I have to find rides for another day and a half, because their tranny tech is an a$$clown.... Thanks for reading my venting. These guys aren't all bad, but this just sucks ballz!!
Tell them the trans needs to be disassembled and rebuilt again . The metal or debris that came from the defective convertor has gone through your freshly rebuilt trans . If they don't do it the life expectancy on that trans has been seriously shortened .