DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, & Solutions - Maintenance & Repair > Dodge Ram Detailing and General Maintenance Forum > Washing & Waxing

Notices

Washing & Waxing Washing and Waxing your Dodge Ram! Talk about it here!

Vendor Highlight! - Check these guys out for great deals on Parts and Accessories!
Total Load Control!
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
FGT Motorsport
Bayou Goat Mounts
tonneaucovered.com
Mopar Online Parts!

Old 05-24-2016, 11:50 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2004 SLT Hemi Quad Cab
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
Joe.G is on a distinguished road
Default Detailed Black truck using Chemical Guys Products.

I ordered Chemicals guys Polish V32,34,36,38 Porter Cable DA CG assorted Pads 7 of them and their Backing Plate and I also ordered CG Black Light sealant and Black Wax.

The paint on my truck I don't believe it to be original but I am unsure, I had light swirl/spider webs from normal wear and tear and washing.

I washed the truck and then I moved it inside and used CG Green Pad and V36 Polish and did the entire truck except for the hood which was just painted about 2 Months ago. This product went on easy and seemed to remove all the swirls and webs and even most of the deep imperfections.

The next step was the Black Light Sealant which I put on using the PC and the Blue pad and this I did on the entire truck, after letting it sit for about a half HR I took it off and it came off very easy and left the truck looking really nice. It says you can do a second coat but I chose not to.

The next morning I used the CG Red pad and Black Wax which went on and came off easy, I used Meguires Wax on the rims and glass.The whole process went quite well and the truck looks really good in all types of Light and angles. The paint looks clear and deep and not even telling anyone just taking a ride to town a few different people said how good it looks.

The intial cost was a bit steep but I have enough product to do the vehicles many times, I have a Black Camaro Z28 and Black Honda also which Ill be doing at Some point also.

I have always done most of my work by hand which took a long time and was a lot of work, I am a car guy and I love a nice Black vehicle, I have always used off the shelf products but I must say the Extra money really is worth it for the CG Stuff, Not saying there isnt better but this is the best I have used so far.
2004 SLT Hemi Black Quad Cab 4WD. SRT-10 Hood, 06 20 Inch Rims SC F5 Tuner, S&B CAI, Power Stop Drilled Slotted tow Package brake kit, Braided Brake Lines, Bilstein Shocks, Helwig Rear Sway Bar and G2 Axle Rear Cover, Detroit Tru Trac rear Diff,Smoked LED Tail Lights.
Sponsored links
Old 05-25-2016, 03:10 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram Crew Cab
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:85
Turbovsix will become famous soon enough

Nice - good info to have. I have used their products before - especially like their Speed Shine product. I have the same polisher as you, and what I did recently was use the green pads with an all-in-one product (polish and sealant in one). The all-in-one didn't cut quite as much as I would have liked, but the paint is in good enough shape to where it was sufficient. The all-in-one I used was Blackfire Total Polish and Seal and I think I picked it up at Autogeek. I used an all-in-one just due to time constraints on my end. Still took me a good portion of the day to do it in my father-in-law's garage. But even with some of the compromises with the Blackfire being an all-in-one, I was still really happy with the results on my Black RAM.

The DA polisher is the key though - just no way to get those results by hand, and I'm one who used to do my Grand National by hand ALL THE TIME using Zaino products.