DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Detailing and General Maintenance Forum > Washing & Waxing
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Notices

Washing & Waxing Washing and Waxing your Dodge Ram! Talk about it here!


Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 04-28-2015, 08:30 AM
fielding99's Avatar
fielding99 fielding99 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: MI
Age: 22
Posts: 64
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2014 Ram
Trim Level: Express Blackout
Color: Black
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:10
fielding99 is on a distinguished road
Default First black vehicle...

well I recently purchased my dream truck and its turning into more of a nightmare....what do you guys do to keep the dust off of your black trucks? I cant drive this thing half a mile without it being covered in dust and I don't drive any dirt roads. Anyone have tips or tricks on removing or keep this dust off? if I just wipe it down with a microfiber towel am I going to grind the dirt into the paint and scratch it all up?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #2  
Old 04-28-2015, 09:08 AM
dleininger's Avatar
dleininger dleininger is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Stafford, VA
Age: 29
Posts: 1,302
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500
Trim Level: Laramie QC
Color: Blue Streak Pearlcoat
Rep Power: 0
Rep:25
dleininger is on a distinguished road
Default

You familiar with the California car duster?? It gets me through the spring pollen season like a champ! No scratches to the paint at all.
__________________
2014 RAM Laramie QC, Blue Streak Pearlcoat, 8 spd, 3.92
Mods: Speedlogix BT catch can, K&N drop in, stubby antenna, Mopar RAM slush mats
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-28-2015, 09:30 AM
dkmesa dkmesa is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 119
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2014 Ram
Rep Power: 0
Rep:10
dkmesa is on a distinguished road
Default

Unfortunately, paint can very easily be marred by improper care, and this is most noticeable on black paint. If you'd like to wipe it down between washes, make sure you use a good quick detailer with a clean microfiber rather than just the towel. This will significantly reduce likelihood of getting swirl marks. I have been using Poorboy's World Spray & Wipe as my go to spray for several years. I recently purchased Chemical Guys Hybrid V7 for occasional use and have been really impressed. This product is more pricey as it contains sealant to add a little extra shine and protection, and it sure is slick!

Detailed Image is a great site for researching products with a wealth of information, how-to's, and advice from pros. Take a look and keep that black paint looking sharp!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-28-2015, 09:38 AM
fielding99's Avatar
fielding99 fielding99 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: MI
Age: 22
Posts: 64
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2014 Ram
Trim Level: Express Blackout
Color: Black
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:10
fielding99 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkmesa View Post
Unfortunately, paint can very easily be marred by improper care, and this is most noticeable on black paint. If you'd like to wipe it down between washes, make sure you use a good quick detailer with a clean microfiber rather than just the towel. This will significantly reduce likelihood of getting swirl marks. I have been using Poorboy's World Spray & Wipe as my go to spray for several years. I recently purchased Chemical Guys Hybrid V7 for occasional use and have been really impressed. This product is more pricey as it contains sealant to add a little extra shine and protection, and it sure is slick!

Detailed Image is a great site for researching products with a wealth of information, how-to's, and advice from pros. Take a look and keep that black paint looking sharp!
great advice thank you. I usually take a microfiber and a spray wax in between washes an it seems to do the job just looking for some better options and opinions from guys who have cured the issue. By the way, did you get my payment for the catch can yesterday?? I didn't hear back so I just wanted to confirm
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-28-2015, 09:39 AM
fielding99's Avatar
fielding99 fielding99 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: MI
Age: 22
Posts: 64
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2014 Ram
Trim Level: Express Blackout
Color: Black
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:10
fielding99 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dleininger View Post
You familiar with the California car duster?? It gets me through the spring pollen season like a champ! No scratches to the paint at all.
Never done any research on it but the name seems to be everywhere, is this a dry wipe option or is it recommended to use the quick detailer as well?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-28-2015, 02:54 PM
dkmesa dkmesa is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 119
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2014 Ram
Rep Power: 0
Rep:10
dkmesa is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fielding99 View Post
great advice thank you. I usually take a microfiber and a spray wax in between washes an it seems to do the job just looking for some better options and opinions from guys who have cured the issue. By the way, did you get my payment for the catch can yesterday?? I didn't hear back so I just wanted to confirm
Yep! shipping out today
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-28-2015, 03:57 PM
IBEW3's Avatar
IBEW3 IBEW3 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: LI, NY
Age: 46
Posts: 257
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST Crew Cab 4x4
Color: Black
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:31
IBEW3 is on a distinguished road
Default

I have a black truck as well. I usually just spend the months of May and June alternating between crying and cursing. Nothing you can do. During pollen season where I am - the truck will have a coating of pollen overnight just sitting in my driveway.

Don't regret it totally - black looks great when it's clean...
__________________
Bakflip G2 tonneau, Factory spray-in bed liner, Flowmaster 50, Bilstein 5100's, Upper Glovebox Add, Tow Hook Add, Husky X-act Floor Liners, ProComp Wheels with BFG KO2's
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-28-2015, 06:51 PM
fielding99's Avatar
fielding99 fielding99 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: MI
Age: 22
Posts: 64
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2014 Ram
Trim Level: Express Blackout
Color: Black
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:10
fielding99 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBEW3 View Post
I have a black truck as well. I usually just spend the months of May and June alternating between crying and cursing. Nothing you can do. During pollen season where I am - the truck will have a coating of pollen overnight just sitting in my driveway.

Don't regret it totally - black looks great when it's clean...
Yeah for the entire 15 minute period after you wash it lol
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-28-2015, 06:53 PM
fielding99's Avatar
fielding99 fielding99 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: MI
Age: 22
Posts: 64
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2014 Ram
Trim Level: Express Blackout
Color: Black
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:10
fielding99 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dleininger View Post
You familiar with the California car duster?? It gets me through the spring pollen season like a champ! No scratches to the paint at all.
Bought one today I'll be giving it a try soon
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-28-2015, 06:54 PM
fielding99's Avatar
fielding99 fielding99 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: MI
Age: 22
Posts: 64
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2014 Ram
Trim Level: Express Blackout
Color: Black
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:10
fielding99 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkmesa View Post
Yep! shipping out today
Perfect thanks!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Advertisement







All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:31 AM.


= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors