DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Recalls and TSB's.

Notices

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-18-2009, 12:01 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Rep:11
Griebz is on a distinguished road
Default Tire TSB

I have just discovered that there is a tsb for the 20' tires that come with the ram 1500, they are flat spotted from sitting on the lot or during transport, causing people to believe they need to be balanced, I have this problem and I will be showing the bulletin to the tech on tuesday. The bulletin is SB-22-001-09.
Sponsored links
Old 07-18-2009, 12:56 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: '01 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport with Off-Road
Color: Intense Blue
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:1588
Toms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant future

Very interesting . Looks like you may have found your problem . Good researching .
Old 08-06-2009, 10:35 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

scottfx is on a distinguished road
Default Tire TSB

Griebz,

I just read your post regarding the TSB for the vibration at highway speeds, where did you find this? I ask due to myself having the same problem which I have had the service dept rebalance the tires 3 times without much improvement. I would love to take the bulletin into them so it can be fixed. Also, where do you search or find TSB numbers? Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Scott
Old 08-22-2009, 03:06 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2006 1500 Quad Cab Short Bed
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn HEMI
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
Garryowen is on a distinguished road

Thanks, that explains so much. I had one blow out on me at 80mph on I87, very scary. I had them balanced 3 times before that, and they never rode well. I was glad to get rid of them. I would reccomend seeing if the dealer will replace them with something else. Those Goodyears are junk! I replaced mine with a set of Cooper Zeon LTZ's. Great tire, its like driving a whole new truck.
Old 08-22-2009, 07:19 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Griebz is on a distinguished road

Hey all, sorry it took so long to get back to you, if you go to the 2009 section in this forum look for a thread "lemon questions" Its on page 2 , someone put the whole tsb on the page, also can find it in edmunds and mycarstats.com. Hope this helps, goodluck, it didn't fix my truck.
Old 08-22-2009, 10:35 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Nitro
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Electric Blue
Rep:3930
BlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond repute

I copied the TSB here so you all don't have to hunt for it!

2009 Dodge Truck RAM 1500 2WD V8-5.7L

Vehicle Level Technical Service Bulletins All Technical Service Bulletins Wheels/Tires - Vehicle Vibration/Shake At Highway Speed Wheels/Tires - Vehicle Vibration/Shake At Highway SpeedNotesNUMBER: 22-001-09
GROUP: Wheels/Tires
DATE: Pending Approval
SUBJECT:
Vehicle Vibration Or Shake At Highway Speed
OVERVIEW:
This bulletin provides information to diagnose vehicle vibration concerns at or during PDI or if the vehicle is stored for a length of time prior to delivery.
MODELS:
2009 (DS) Ram Truck (1500)
DISCUSSION:
Tires used on the 1500 Ram models can develop a temporary flat spot when sitting on the lots and or while being shipped. This condition is more prevalent on 4 x 4 Models with 20" tires and wheels due the additional weight on the front tires from the unique components (i.e., front axle and transfer case). Weather is a critical factor and temperatures significantly above and below normal temperatures can temporarily "flat spot tires when vehicles are shipped by car hauler or rail or if vehicles are stored for an extended period. The vibration may be felt in the steering wheel and I or seat, and may be most noticeable at highway speeds, 60mph (96 kph). This may be misinterpreted as an out of balance tire.
DIAGNOSIS:
If the tires are flat-spotted due to shipping or sitting in the lot for an extended period, the vehicle vibration will go away after the tires are warmed up, (normally 10 to 20 miles of highway driving depending on outside temperatures).
REPAIR PROCEDURE:
1.Road test vehicle 10-20 miles to allow the tires to obtain operating temperature.
2.If highway driving doesn't resolve the vehicle vibration, follow the procedures outlined on DealerCONNECT>TechCONNECT > Group 22 - Tires and Wheels.
NOTE :Replacing tires should only be done as a last resort after all appropriate wheel and tire diagnostics have been completed. U.S. dealers can contact the MOPAR tire program if assistance is needed with obtaining any tire. Canadian dealers can contact the MOPAR tire program if assistance is needed with obtaining any tire.
POLICY:
Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.

Like what you see? Support this fine site!

Go here for great how-to's and make sure you know the rules!

Make sure you show off your Ram by posting pics in the GALLERY!!

L.O.B.

Old 08-31-2009, 05:24 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram QC 1500 Laramie 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Bright White/Silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:67
Monsoon Chopper will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJet View Post
I copied the TSB here so you all don't have to hunt for it!

2009 Dodge Truck RAM 1500 2WD V8-5.7L

Vehicle Level Technical Service Bulletins All Technical Service Bulletins Wheels/Tires - Vehicle Vibration/Shake At Highway Speed Wheels/Tires - Vehicle Vibration/Shake At Highway SpeedNotesNUMBER: 22-001-09
GROUP: Wheels/Tires
DATE: Pending Approval
SUBJECT:
Vehicle Vibration Or Shake At Highway Speed
OVERVIEW:
This bulletin provides information to diagnose vehicle vibration concerns at or during PDI or if the vehicle is stored for a length of time prior to delivery.
MODELS:
2009 (DS) Ram Truck (1500)
DISCUSSION:
Tires used on the 1500 Ram models can develop a temporary flat spot when sitting on the lots and or while being shipped. This condition is more prevalent on 4 x 4 Models with 20" tires and wheels due the additional weight on the front tires from the unique components (i.e., front axle and transfer case). Weather is a critical factor and temperatures significantly above and below normal temperatures can temporarily "flat spot tires when vehicles are shipped by car hauler or rail or if vehicles are stored for an extended period. The vibration may be felt in the steering wheel and I or seat, and may be most noticeable at highway speeds, 60mph (96 kph). This may be misinterpreted as an out of balance tire.
DIAGNOSIS:
If the tires are flat-spotted due to shipping or sitting in the lot for an extended period, the vehicle vibration will go away after the tires are warmed up, (normally 10 to 20 miles of highway driving depending on outside temperatures).
REPAIR PROCEDURE:
1.Road test vehicle 10-20 miles to allow the tires to obtain operating temperature.
2.If highway driving doesn't resolve the vehicle vibration, follow the procedures outlined on DealerCONNECT>TechCONNECT > Group 22 - Tires and Wheels.
NOTE :Replacing tires should only be done as a last resort after all appropriate wheel and tire diagnostics have been completed. U.S. dealers can contact the MOPAR tire program if assistance is needed with obtaining any tire. Canadian dealers can contact the MOPAR tire program if assistance is needed with obtaining any tire.
POLICY:
Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.

This TSP says 2WD in the title. I wonder if they'll raise crap for owners of 4WD's.
Old 12-29-2009, 08:59 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
rstp is on a distinguished road

had the same problem with my 09 slt quad cab 4x4 shake in the front end from 115 km up had it in the dealer yesterday re-balanced front tires and told me that they were both out by 1.5 ozs she rides smooth now.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:03 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
rstp is on a distinguished road

forgot to mention that i have the 20 inch rims
Old 12-30-2009, 02:02 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Dakota Club Cab 4X4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:1824
RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsoon Chopper View Post
This TSP says 2WD in the title. I wonder if they'll raise crap for owners of 4WD's.
If it has less that 12/12k on it, the rebalance should be under warranty regardless of 2/4WD.