DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram 2009+ Dodge Ram Trucks > Electrical

Notices

Electrical 4th Gen Dodge Ram Electrical Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-01-2011, 06:42 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 09 Ram Quad Cab
Color: Blue
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Xman09 is on a distinguished road

I got my 09 in Jan of 09 and that was one of my 1st questions. How do u no when its in fuel saver mode. Dealer said it says in the the dash, but its not there. Believe as well that its certain dates. My dad 2010 has it.
Sponsored links
Old 03-03-2011, 09:13 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Inferno Red
rervf23 is on a distinguished road

From what I could find out - All so-called "pre-builds", those Rams made from 08/08 to 12/08 do not have the fuel saver light. You will probably notice that you also do not have a locking tailgate.

Bob
Old 03-12-2011, 10:53 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Deep Water Blue
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:52
astroman54 will become famous soon enough

Just had my truck in for servicey,they flashed the computer, and now have the Fuel Saver light. There is a spot in the setup that allows it to be turned on or off.

Andy
Old 03-14-2011, 11:13 PM

Vehicle: 09 Ram1500, 08 Ram3500, 05 BEE
Trim Level: 09 Lar,08 SLT,05 BEE
Color: Black,White,Black
Jake2 is on a distinguished road

I had a 09 Ram Sport and it had the fuel saver light and I traded it in for a 09 Laramie and one of the first things I noticed was it did not have the light. I took it to the dealer and they did something and now I have the light. They said it had just been turned off, so maybe all you have to do is have the dealer look at it. My Laramie does not have a tailgate lock though.
Old 03-15-2011, 03:16 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2583
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

my '09 didn't come with the tailgate lock or rear mounted camera, i had it installed, they are both within the tailgate handle

as i mentioned earlier, my FUEL SAVER Light works & it was built october 15th 2008, if yours is about the same date, it does have it, the dealer just has not used the proper software update yet, it can be hit & miss, i had several different flashes done to mine, it was late in 2009 before it started working & the flash done was for
MDS oil pressure rationality
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 05-24-2011, 09:39 AM
Conventional Eccentric

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram Crew Cab
Color: Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat
Rep:220
highlandchef has a spectacular aura abouthighlandchef has a spectacular aura abouthighlandchef has a spectacular aura about

I just picked up my 2009 two weeks ago; the build date was 9/08 so it didn't come with the Fuel Saver light. If what I'm reading here is correct some of you with 2009 Hemi's built around the same time as mine got the light after the flash, is that correct? Also the flash is supposed to improve how the MDS system actually works, not just add the indicator?

I tried the Dodge Owner's site and found info on recalls (none outstanding but couldn't find any info on TSB's done or not done to the vehicle. Is it possible that after 2 years that TSB wouldn't have been done even though the truck was serviced regulalrly at the dealer?

Disclaimer: I'm getting old and my opinions will reflect that fact!
Old 05-24-2011, 04:32 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram CC Sport 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
rick980 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimf5 View Post
Hi All:
If you have the 5.7 Hemi you have the MDS system.If your truck was built after mid December 08 you should have the light. You can find your build date on the drivers door tag with the tire info. On the bottom of the tag is a 6 nmber combo,mine is 081810 and it translates to 08=august 18=day 10=10:00 AM. Mine is an early build so no light.

I get very good gas milege, but there is an update for the MDS system and it will make it even better. A lot of the dealers don't even now about it but it is on a service bulliton.
The number is TSB 18-019-09. I had mine done and it took about 3 weeks to settle down to where it has made a noticable differance.It was suposed to activate the Fuel Saver light but it didn't
jimf5
That is what I had done fuel saver light is right near the cruise clock or that think that looks like a clock when you have the cruise on.....says "fuel saver" later models say eco mode and then some. Get yours flashed somewhere else perhaps the dealer is not aware of the process. Some dealers seem to be able to take care of any problem and then I read all these horror stories in here about them not being able to handle problems myself included but knock on wood I think I found a decent dealership, maybe I have passed the amount of vehicles purchased in years? LOL
Old 05-24-2011, 05:20 PM
Conventional Eccentric

highlandchef has a spectacular aura abouthighlandchef has a spectacular aura abouthighlandchef has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick980 View Post
That is what I had done fuel saver light is right near the cruise clock or that think that looks like a clock when you have the cruise on.....says "fuel saver"
Rick, what was the build date on your truck?

Old 05-24-2011, 06:15 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2583
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

mine was built in october '08 & has it
another member said he had it & his was built a month before mine
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 05-24-2011, 06:51 PM
Conventional Eccentric

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTyankee View Post
mine was built in october '08 & has it
another member said he had it & his was built a month before mine
So mine was built September 08 same as the other member. I don't have the indicator so possibly the flash was never done to mine. When I take the truck for its 1,000 mile check I have something else to ask them about. That and the strange resonance at certain RPM's.

I guess the list grows