DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion Have you had a good experience with your Dodge Ram Dealer? Had a bad one? Let us know about it in here! - Dodge Ram Production Questions - Order Status - VIN Tracking - Etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-18-2009, 08:58 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 5.7L HEMI
Trim Level: Big Horn, Quad Cab
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:47
CHILLZ HEMI is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to CHILLZ HEMI

Quote:
Originally Posted by CReePeR View Post
I always go to any dealership dressed ratty. I like to be left alone. I also like to watch and see if the salesmen send the young kid over, it always happens, funny how the salesmen actually start treating you like a king when the run your credit and see that you can afford a nice vehicle.
I love messing with them
thats funny...i do the same...not on purpose though, cuz im always in my chill clothes, unless im going out.....not for groceries, and things like that....so we went out to look at cars and all (in my chill clothes), and they tried to get us the caliber sxt, i was like no, she wants the RT...what losers they are sometimes....thats what you get for judgeing a book by its cover....
Old 09-29-2009, 12:30 PM

well here is an update...I finally got my wifes car in the shop to get the wheel bearing installed, and asked them to check the alignment...They called me to tell me the car was finished, and that i never paid to have the alignment done...I told the guy, "I shouldnt have to pay for an alignment, I was sold the car with all these issues that are being fixed now, so shouldnt that be done also, especailly after doing a tie rod?" He told me that I shouldnt need an alignment after doing a tie rod, and I was heated and told him I wanted it done...So he told me it would be 2 weeks until they can get me in because the side of the shop with the alignment rack is not up and running yet(the dealership had a fire in the shop a few months ago), i was like why wasnt i told that 1 month ago when the tie rod was installed??? They stay givin me the run around, if they feel that its free, its like they make me wait longer to get the job done...This dealership is in the hot seat i believe, and I hope a whole bunch of people in this area are reading my posts to spread the word....
Old 10-01-2009, 07:50 AM

Vehicle: 2008 Ram QC
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Electric Blue Pearlcoat
Engine: 2008-2008 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:35
rjs2005 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to rjs2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHILLZ HEMI View Post
This dealership is in the hot seat i believe, and I hope a whole bunch of people in this area are reading my posts to spread the word....
I see that Armed Forces badge on your profile. If you have friends in the area still on active duty, I'd make sure they spread the word on NOB, NAB, Langley, and all the other facilities in the area. That's a HUGE market that dealers like Greenbrier depend on (and often prey on) for survival.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjs2005 View Post
I see that Armed Forces badge on your profile. If you have friends in the area still on active duty, I'd make sure they spread the word on NOB, NAB, Langley, and all the other facilities in the area. That's a HUGE market that dealers like Greenbrier depend on (and often prey on) for survival.
Yeah i do...and i have told everybody about my issues with them and my wifes car...You would think with our economy the way it is, and dealerships that are not doing so well right now, that they would be working twice as hard to keep customers happy, especially ones who just bought new cars from them...
Old 10-01-2009, 01:37 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 99 dodge ram
Color: red/silver
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:10
wildboyzracing is on a distinguished road

i dont know how they do tie rods but every one ive ever done required an alignment before i let it out of my hands
Old 10-01-2009, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildboyzracing View Post
i dont know how they do tie rods but every one ive ever done required an alignment before i let it out of my hands
Of course every vehicle who gets a replacement tie rod end requires an alignment. For any service department to insinuate that it would not be required is just ridiculous.

Chillz Hemi, I gotta ask: How many Dodge dealers are left in the Hampton Roads area? Yet another negative of the dealer contraction is that there are fewer options for a customer when warranty repairs are needed. A dealer can have a crappy service department and still have a chance at survival when the choices are limited.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjs2005 View Post
Of course every vehicle who gets a replacement tie rod end requires an alignment. For any service department to insinuate that it would not be required is just ridiculous.

Chillz Hemi, I gotta ask: How many Dodge dealers are left in the Hampton Roads area? Yet another negative of the dealer contraction is that there are fewer options for a customer when warranty repairs are needed. A dealer can have a crappy service department and still have a chance at survival when the choices are limited.
yeah, thats how we do things at my shop...getting a tie rod, you need to get an alignment done also, if its not out, then we dont do it....But not too sure how many dodge dealerships there are, but the one that i trust is the HALL DODGE one where i bought my truck from.... If only they had the 07 Caliber RT that my wife wanted, we def would not be in this situation....
Old 10-01-2009, 08:06 PM

Vehicle: 4 trucks
Engine: 1994-1997 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp
Rep:17
pwrwgnman is on a distinguished road

Get ya one of them white lettering kits and put in big letters on the back window that says "I bought this lemon at Greenbrier Dodge"
That`ll sure get some attention.
Hope ya get it straight, we have one Dodge dealer here and they know it, they prey on the military to keep them open. Most locals will travel the 50 miles to another dealer than go here. I bet they have a finance plan for E-1 and up, lol
Old 10-01-2009, 08:09 PM

Didn't have much experience with them, but heard good things about them. Hope things work out for you. Dealerships like this go a long way toward wrecking the reputation of a manufacturer. I don't understand why Chrysler doesn't take a more active role in getting them straightened out.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrwgnman View Post
Get ya one of them white lettering kits and put in big letters on the back window that says "I bought this lemon at Greenbrier Dodge"
That`ll sure get some attention.
Hope ya get it straight, we have one Dodge dealer here and they know it, they prey on the military to keep them open. Most locals will travel the 50 miles to another dealer than go here. I bet they have a finance plan for E-1 and up, lol
Where in SC are you? Would that dealer's initials be RH?