DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LOWERING or STANDARD

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LOWERING or STANDARD Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lowering Springs, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-15-2011, 12:04 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 CC 2wd
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Rep:26
Lie2me is on a distinguished road
Default Bell Tech 2/4 drop w/ shocks(4G) special tools?

I've ordered the 2/4 belltech w/ shocks for my 11 cc 2wd and was wondering if I will need any specific tools to do this install. I'm doing it at a friends house next weekend and he's should have just about anything we need. I'm just trying to circumvent a trip to the parts store so we can can get it completed without taking all day.
Thanks
--Jeff
Sponsored links
Old 06-16-2011, 09:07 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Inferno Red Pearl
Rep:743
RedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to behold

Jacks, jack stands, impact wrench, case of cold beer for afterward. Check, Check, Check!
Old 06-19-2011, 12:33 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Crew Cab
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:145
Racerdamon will become famous soon enoughRacerdamon will become famous soon enough
Default send it back

Make sure the rear shock bolts are the same size as the holes in the belltech shocks. my kit did not fit and belltech does not stand behind their product. also I hope you like riding on bump stops in the rear.
Old 06-20-2011, 02:05 AM

Racer, what did you do to fix this? Are you saying I will be riding on the bumpstomps because the shock doesn't fit? Or because the kit sucks? I hope I don't have this kind of experience.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:45 AM

Vehicle: 2003 ram 2wheel drive
Trim Level: slt/sport (bones)
Color: black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:659
bones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to behold

My Ram is a 03 not the same year as yours, I got the 5 inch rear flip and 2 inch drop coils from Belltech with the nitro drop shocks. I hardly ever bottom out. So i have no idea what is up with the above mentioned statement. Also have nothing but good things to say regarding phone support from Beltech as well..Good luck
Edd's : Hemi/ K&N C.A.I BONES Edition / Roll pan/Hood scoop/ Tinted heads,tails,3rd brake/ stereo upgrade/ T.M.D front bumper cover /Painted interior, 5" rear flip.2 inch front drop coils, Painted calipers,Eye brows
Old 06-20-2011, 11:07 AM

Racerdamon will become famous soon enoughRacerdamon will become famous soon enough

What I did to fix this is put the stock shocks back on and added a 1 inch spring rubber to the belltech springs, this keeps the rear from bouncing off the frame on every bump. keep in mind that with the 4 inch drop there is around 2 inches of travel. so yes you will be riding on the bumpstops.

My 2010 dodge is a rare truck according to belltech because the shock bolts are different than any other dodge and that’s why the rear shocks doesn't fit? I hope you don't have this kind of experience.

belltech support sucks for me beecause they do not have a solution to fix my issue. they sold a kit for my truck that did not work and they are not willing to take it back or send me the correct parts.
Old 06-20-2011, 12:41 PM

Rep:2217
iRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond repute

Having done a 2/4 Bell Tech Kit on my 2011 CC Ram I have this to say:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerdamon View Post
Make sure the rear shock bolts are the same size as the holes in the belltech shocks. my kit did not fit and belltech does not stand behind their product. also I hope you like riding on bump stops in the rear.
All my parts fit correctly and with no issues. I HAVE NEVER hit my bump stops even having hauled a 3800 lb vehicle on a trailer behind! Bell Techs customer service is the best I have seen for any business in a long time. I would recommend you call the retailer you bought your kit from, explain what's happening and see what they advise. Our first kit was incorrect. Summit had the wrong part number, got with BellTech and the problem was resolved with a new, CORRECT kit. Lastly, it sounds as though you didn't remove your bump stop cups. That would cause some of the issues you are complaining of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones64 View Post
My Ram is a 03 not the same year as yours, I got the 5 inch rear flip and 2 inch drop coils from Belltech with the nitro drop shocks. I hardly ever bottom out. So i have no idea what is up with the above mentioned statement. Also have nothing but good things to say regarding phone support from Beltech as well..Good luck
DITTO my friend!
Old 06-20-2011, 02:30 PM

I called summit again (15+times )and they are now sending out another kit, I hope I can fix the rear as I love the front, but there is no way to put a trailer on it as it takes less than 300lbs to bottom the rear out. I will let everyone know if it fixes it.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:12 PM

Default pictures of the rear

Here is a picture of the Belltech rear bumpstop and the distance to the frame at ride height. and the last is of the inside of the rear shocks and you can see the hammer marks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN2377.jpg (79.8 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2383.jpg (120.4 KB, 42 views)
Old 06-21-2011, 07:25 AM

Racer, from the picture of your rear bumpstops, it looks like the bump-cup is still attached to the frame. The majority of folks I've talked to have cut those off, which is exactly what I plan on doing. I'm glad you got everything headed towards a fix.

Thanks for the input, it had me a little worried. I ordered mine thru Jeg's and have checked and rechecked part #'s to ensure there is no drama come Saturday morning.
I will post up once we get it installed.
thanks
Jeff