DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting HID - HALO - LED LIGHTING - UNDERBODY LIGHTING - TINTED/SMOKED/PAINTED TAILS - ETC.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-08-2010, 07:52 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2003 ram 2wheel drive
Trim Level: slt/sport (bones)
Color: black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:659
bones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to behold
Exclamation HIDS good or not Price/quality.

This is what i found and thinking of buying. Need your input. $125.00 tax in delivered. Its on Kijiji.ca ....Missisauga/brampton. Price $90.00 and up. Ad ID is 184508103. I tried to add it to my thread but was unable to.Thanks for your input.
Edd's : Hemi/ K&N C.A.I BONES Edition / Roll pan/Hood scoop/ Tinted heads,tails,3rd brake/ stereo upgrade/ T.M.D front bumper cover /Painted interior, 5" rear flip.2 inch front drop coils, Painted calipers,Eye brows
Sponsored links
Old 02-08-2010, 11:47 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiezl Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie 4x2
Color: Blue Streak Pearl Coat
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:432
MightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really nice

Bones, couldn't find the ad. When I searched that ad number I got a dining room table.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:58 AM

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: 5.7L Hemi 4x4
Color: Graphite Gray
Rep:72
Incognito will become famous soon enough

There is a misconception on HID lighting and the honest truth is that the cheaper quality units are made of such garbage quality that you're better off not installing them at all. While cheaper units may work for on your vehicle without any issues, that is only temporary as the cheap units fail shortly after installation. Quality units will have an 18 to 24 month warranty. Cheap units usually carry a 6 to 12 month limited warranty. Although I never installed HIDs on either of my trucks, I have them on my Audi A6 as I've mentioned before. Cost was around $500 or so if I can recall and it's colour temp is in the 6000K range. I have H3 HID for foglights, H1 HID for lowbeams and H7 HID for highbeams on my Audi A6. That's a lot of money to upgrade but I've never run into any issues you'd find with the cheaper units. Zero wait times, once my lights are on the HIDs are at full intensity, unlike cheaper units that need several seconds to "warm up" to full brightness. Here is an excellent except taken from D Element.

BTW: I am not endorsing D Element nor am I an employee for D Element, I am only reposting information that I feel is crucial for anyone interested in upgrading to HID lighting.

------------------

There are many companies and private merchants out there that will advertise 10000K, and even 12000K HID kits selling for more or less around $100. Most of these vendors lurk around on ebay, online car forums, websites, and ricer accessory shops. 100% of the people that buy these kits do so because they are uninformed, uneducated, or misguided in the field of lighting, and will buy these junk kits thinking three things: that these bulbs are brighter, that these bulbs should cost more money, and/or that they will perform better. All three statements are completely false. Perhaps this misconception and frenzy for purple lights originates from BMW and Audi's infamous Hella projector HIDs. So allow me to explain the real truth of the matter... Philips is the number one manufacturer of HID bulbs. The Philips OEM D2S bulb is rated at 4300K at 12.8 volts and produces 3200 lumens of light. The Philips Ultinon D2S is 5800K at 12.8 volts and produces 2400 lumens of light. As you can see, with all other factors remaining constant, the brightness of an HID bulb declines the higher up the color index you go. Vision, a Korean bulb manufacturer, makes an 8000K bulb, which they used to advertise on Acura-Forums as 2000 lumens bright. This is barely a marked improvement over halogens, and will produce more glare and eye fatigue than it is beneficial. 4300K has been proven through tireless independent research by the Germans, Japanese, and Americans to be the most functional, truest white and thus the brightest possible color temperature (ceteris paribus).

Every car manufacturer in the world (including BMW and Audi) uses none other than a standard 4300K gas-discharge bulb. No exceptions. The reason being is that 4300K is daylight white in color and produces the same color visible light as direct sunlight. This is least fatiguing functional color on the eyes and produces the most comfortable contrast on the road.

So the million dollar question is now: Why do BMW & Audi lights appear blue when they use a white bulb?

Well, this coloration is the result of the light projectors; the lenses: it's transparency, it's curvature, the tiny grooves etched into it; the projector assembly, the shield, and the reflector bowl. All these components work together to produce a signature of light unique to that particular optic's design. On the Audi and BMW projectors, the lens curvature at the edge bends the white light producing a "prism effect". White light is broken down to it's fundemental colors. Since blue lights is high energy, it is absorbed last and thus travels farther. So with this prism effect, you'll notice that BMW HIDs are only purple and blue from the sides, the top, and the bottom edges, but are always daylight white on the road and in the beam pattern. This phenomenon can be demonstrated when you watch an oncoming BMW hit a pot hole or speed bump in the road and the car's nose pitches up and down. The headlights will flicker and "throw colors off", but returns to a solid white beam pattern directly on the road.

------------------

Last edited by Incognito; 02-09-2010 at 02:00 AM.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:38 PM

bones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to behold

Incognito................i read your response. So im thinking you wouldnt go for this deal? Is that what your saying?
Edd's : Hemi/ K&N C.A.I BONES Edition / Roll pan/Hood scoop/ Tinted heads,tails,3rd brake/ stereo upgrade/ T.M.D front bumper cover /Painted interior, 5" rear flip.2 inch front drop coils, Painted calipers,Eye brows
Old 02-09-2010, 10:14 PM

Vehicle: 2007 & 2012 Dodge Rams
Trim Level: Sport & Power Wagon
Color: '07 - Brilliant Black, '12- Grey and Black Lower
Rep:970
ScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to behold

Bones the cheaper you with the HID kits the worse it will be. They are not meant to be cheap.
Interior- Custom Gauge Face, 3 Auto Meter Gauge A-Pillar, 2 Tone Seats, 12" Kicker L7, Focal K2 Components, Dodge Door Sills, Recon LED Map & Dome lights
Exterior- 20" Moto Metal 951, 40" BFG KM2s, N-Fab W2W Black Side Steps, Recon Black Headlights & Tails+3rd Brake Light & Light Bar, Hella 500s, T-Rex X-Metal Black 1pc Grille, Tints All Around, Painted Bushwacker Pocket Flares & Door Handles & Mirrors, LoRider Tonneau Cover, Hornblasters Train Horns, Iron Bull Bumper w/PIAA Fog & Driving Lights
Old 02-09-2010, 10:40 PM
erm

I don't know...the foglight 8,000K kit I got 2 years ago for my Chrysler, which I turn on a lot, works just fine. It was a kit from the Far East and it cost me a grand total of $59...and it works fine.

Now when I upgraded the low beams on that car, I didn't buy the cheapest ones out there...it was only bulb upgrade as the car came with HID's but two D1S bulbs cost me $150...and they work fine.

I'm kinda excited to see how the 3B Specialities headlight and foglight kits work in my truck...and I ain't forgot ya, bones. I'll do a write up when I install them.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:44 PM

Vehicle: 2004 dodge ram 1500 quadcab
Trim Level: SLE
Color: forrest green two tone
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:83
angshan will become famous soon enough

bones try these guys. it will take you a little while to get your stuff but I have used them a few times and havent had an issue with the product. (other than a loose wire in a ballast but they are taking care of it under warranty)

Sorry, had to edit this post because of a non-supporting vendor link - MADDOG

Last edited by erm; 02-09-2010 at 10:47 PM.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:14 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram Quad Cab
Trim Level: SLT Bighorn
Color: Deep Water Blue
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:22
09bighorn is on a distinguished road

I put a set of $79 hid light in my 09 QC just to make sure I liked the light output. They have been in there for about a year and I have not had a problem with them. I do realize they arre cheap ones and I keep the factory bulbs in the truck. When I do have a problem with them I will probably get a "more expensive" set, but just remember more expensive does not always mean better, do your research.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:17 PM

Thanks for the input. This set is stated as a complete kit. Xennon bulbs and 1 year warranty.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:34 PM
Banned

Vehicle: 2001 Dodge Ram 4X4 Quad Cab
Trim Level: Sport- Off Road
Color: Intense Blue
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:1930
wermbang has a brilliant futurewermbang has a brilliant futurewermbang has a brilliant futurewermbang has a brilliant futurewermbang has a brilliant futurewermbang has a brilliant futurewermbang has a brilliant futurewermbang has a brilliant futurewermbang has a brilliant futurewermbang has a brilliant futurewermbang has a brilliant future

How about a vendor on here?
Looked like shipping to Canada was on $10 more.
http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread....ight=projector