DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-15-2009, 04:15 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Rep:10
viper4570 is on a distinguished road
Default Borla exhaust or not

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i had a 05 ram with a hemi i loved the sound of my series 40 flowmaster but i now own a 09 with a hemi i have been told that when the mds ignition kicks in it will sound something like a tractor and i know i will hate that. i have been told to sick with borla bc that is taken into consiteration when they build there exhaust. my question is i like the loud exhaust that is loud and clear inside the cabin and i am not sure if borla will give me that or not and i dont know anyone who has ever had borla exhaust hopefully some can give me some info thanks

bill
Sponsored links
Old 09-15-2009, 08:19 PM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3269
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

I've got the borla dual rear out cat-back system. I love it, period. a nice mellow tone when you're idling, but you definately know when you jam on the go-peddal. They took MDS into consideration when they build it so you have 2 resonators one which attenuates the 8 cyl and one that handles the 4 cyl mode. I'd post a video but my truck's at the yard while i'm out of town working.

As for loud, my gf hates obnoxiously loud trucks, so when she rides with me she's happy cuz the tone isn't like a set of straight pipes, but you can still hear it nicely in the cab. just wait 'til I put the electric cut-outs on it, then she'll really hate me.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:10 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: '01 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport with Off-Road
Color: Intense Blue
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:1588
Toms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant future

Didn't know that about the Borla system . Good to know . Sure that system cost a pretty penny .
Old 09-16-2009, 11:45 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Ram Crew Cab Cummins
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Pearl White
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:12
LS Eater is on a distinguished road

Best systems for the 09' are Magnaflow and AFE. Both are designed to work with the MDS, not sure of Borla but if they do then I would do it. They make great systems...
Old 09-21-2009, 01:54 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Rep:10
Fabian3679 is on a distinguished road

I just got the Borla Pro XS muffler installed on my 09 CC this weekend. I love the way it sounds. Nice and mellow but you can tell it's there. When the MDS kicks in it sounds different but it's not bad at all. However, if you like it loud I wouldn't suggest it. Compared to a 40 Series it's very quiet. I love the Borla tone, but if you want volume I wouldn't go Borla unless you do their XR-1 which I've heard is fairly loud.