DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-17-2009, 09:10 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: '01 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport with Off-Road
Color: Intense Blue
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:1588
Toms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant future
Default Another wonderful day in Baltimore .

My neighbor is a city policeman , and was called to this incident . Said in his 18 years of being on the force this is the most gruesome site he has ever seen . http://wjz.com/video/?id=60656@wjz.dayport.com
Old 09-17-2009, 09:19 PM

Vehicle: Chrysler 300
Trim Level: Touring
Color: Satin Jade Metallic
Rep:317
300 Addict is a jewel in the rough300 Addict is a jewel in the rough300 Addict is a jewel in the rough300 Addict is a jewel in the rough

That's a terrible incident. I wouldn't want to have to go into a crime scene like that. Hats off to law enforcement.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:29 PM

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Nitro
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Electric Blue
Rep:3944
BlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond repute

I bet it was gruesome! The guy was somewhere he wasn't supposed to be and a resident was protecting his property, 'nuff said! Why should he be punished?? Doesn't make sense...

Like what you see? Support this fine site!

Go here for great how-to's and make sure you know the rules!

Make sure you show off your Ram by posting pics in the GALLERY!!

L.O.B.

Old 09-17-2009, 10:06 PM

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 5.7L HEMI
Trim Level: Big Horn, Quad Cab
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:47
CHILLZ HEMI is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to CHILLZ HEMI

as having knowledge and experience from being an MA,(totally not comparable to law enforcement, im aware of that), but excessive force is quite possible...did the intruder really try to attack him??? Or, did he try to run away as soon as he saw that big a$$ sword??? Did the student provoke the incident and attack the intruder??? You can not attack an intruder, even though it is your property, if they are trying to escape...Im not sure what happend, and only the police up there know really....But for the students sake, I hope the intruder was trying to kill him, for him to choose to use a sword and kill the intruder...because if not, he may be facing some prison time....
Old 09-17-2009, 10:07 PM

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Nitro
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Electric Blue
Rep:3944
BlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond repute

But the intruder was intruding!! What happened to our rights??

Like what you see? Support this fine site!

Go here for great how-to's and make sure you know the rules!

Make sure you show off your Ram by posting pics in the GALLERY!!

L.O.B.

Old 09-18-2009, 12:52 AM

Vehicle: 1996 Dodge Ram Indy Pace Truck
Trim Level: Indy Pace Truck
Color: Blue w/ white stripes
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:210
strang3majik has a spectacular aura aboutstrang3majik has a spectacular aura aboutstrang3majik has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJet View Post
exactly...someone intrudes my house...and I'm awake and there, they'll get a warning, then, they'll get shot...simple as that.

Also...my dad was a Baltimore County Cop...and yes, he's seen some gruesome stuff around there. Now he's Charlotte County FL Deputy and its like being security at a country club in comparison

98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited / 96 Dodge Ram Indy Pace Truck / 87 Dodge Charger GLHS / 85 Dodge Omni GLH
Old 09-18-2009, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJet View Post
you have the right to defend yourself and your home, if the intruder is acting out violently towards you in a way that you see will harm you, or possibly kill you...you can not just start poppin shots at somebody, you have to examine the situation(QUICKLY)...does he have a weapon??? if he does, and its not pointed at you, tell him to put that MF down, along with anything else they have of yours...instruct them to get the fudge out, or restrain him(correctly) and call the cops(if not done so already)...however, if it is pointed at you, and you feel you have a clear shot(be aware of your surroundings), you do have the right to kill the intruder because you felt your own life, and the life of others(if any in the household), were in danger....and thats if he has a weapon such as a knife or gun...if he is some broke intruder with no weapon, just bare knuckles, you can instuct him what to do with a gun, but I would not shoot unless acted upon once again, because you have the upper hand in level of force...You always want to use one step of force above what an attacker has(if possible)...
Old 09-18-2009, 09:06 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: R/T Baby!!!
Color: Bright White
Rep:2078
chithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed, they just debated that here. If you arrive at your house, and it is being robbed, you cannot act in defense of YOUR home. You must call the police and let them handle it. If you are carrying a weapon, and defend YOUR home, it is murder. Now if you are at home already, and they break in, it is exactly how Chill described. You must prove without a shadow of a doubt that they were about to attack or shoot you before any kind of action can be committed against them.

Complete and utter bullchit.

And the lady saying "my baby didn't deserve that" blah blah blah. Her son had a choice and obviously made a bad one. Any choice is subject to consequences.

Kudos to Samarai Jack if he can prove it was 100% self defense.

Last edited by chithead; 09-18-2009 at 09:08 AM.
Old 09-18-2009, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chithead View Post
Agreed, they just debated that here. If you arrive at your house, and it is being robbed, you cannot act in defense of YOUR home. You must call the police and let them handle it. If you are carrying a weapon, and defend YOUR home, it is murder. Now if you are at home already, and they break in, it is exactly how Chill described. You must prove without a shadow of a doubt that they were about to attack or shoot you before any kind of action can be committed against them.

Complete and utter bullchit.

And the lady saying "my baby didn't deserve that" blah blah blah. Her son had a choice and obviously made a bad one. Any choice is subject to consequences.

Kudos to Samarai Jack if he can prove it was 100% self defense.
Totally agree to "Samarai Jack" comment... If that was the last line of defense for him...Although I would have hated to have seen the destruction And, yeah...the intruder sounds like he was a grown man...His sister did reflect that he had no buisness being there in somebody elses home...She needs to realize that he could have attempted something that got him killed also, and not just assume that he was killed by excessive force...

Last edited by CHILLZ HEMI; 09-18-2009 at 09:51 AM.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:03 AM

Vehicle: 4 trucks
Engine: 1994-1997 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp
Rep:17
pwrwgnman is on a distinguished road

Hats off to the student, the crook broke in and no tellin exactly what happened, If the crook had been at home or working he wouldnt have been breaking in if he was OBEYING the laws like most of the rest of society he would be gettin his sister a dentist instead HE CHOSE to violate someone elses property,
In the report it says there have been several breakins in the neighborhood, I bet money they slow down now....I for one am sick and tired of the criminals having all the rights,
I really dont care whether or not the CROOK attacked the dude or not, he broke the law, broke into another persons houseor garage with whatever intent and it cost him his life, criminals are a dime a dozen..no loss
I for one dont trust the cops to do anything around here I have 4 years of documented stuff that a neighbor did here to my family and several others in the neighborhood, and guess what his best buddy was a cop and the sherriff knew it and most of the sherrifs dept knew it.so the dude kept getting off with a warning.( he was a convicted felon from Illinois and had a 2 inch thick stack of charges and things he had been accused of or convicted of one was for beating a 12 year old boy to death with a chunk of wood)
I had horses killed and my barn burnt to the ground and the guy didnt even get a night in jail.
Ya oughtta hear my conversations with the fraternal order of police and the hiway patrol and the sheriffs office when they call for "donations" lmao
I have no patience nor pity for a crook!

Last edited by pwrwgnman; 09-18-2009 at 11:04 AM. Reason: spelling lol