DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion Have you had a good experience with your Dodge Ram Dealer? Had a bad one? Let us know about it in here! - Dodge Ram Production Questions - Order Status - VIN Tracking - Etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-08-2009, 04:07 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 5.7L HEMI
Trim Level: Big Horn, Quad Cab
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:47
CHILLZ HEMI is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to CHILLZ HEMI
Default Greenbrier Dodge

I actually bought my truck a Hall Dodge in Virginia Beach, which was the best experience in buying my truck(bought in July 15th 2009), and outstanding service. However, Greenbrier Dodge in Chesapeake Virginia(where my wife bought her 2007 Caliber R/T August 20th 2009), is worse than buying a car at a small ma and pa dealership. Sold us the car with cupped tires, bad inner right tie rod, bad wheel bearing on the RF, bad fog light tipm, and in addition to all the problems, the service to fixing these problems is still in the process. Its like they didnt even inspect the car before they put it on the lot to be sold. After they fix these problems, my wife and I decided to take her car to Hall for normal service, and to only go to Greenbrier for warrenty problems. Now since then, they have replaced the tires, inner right tie rod, and have the bearing and tipm on order, but lord knows how long thats going to take. I guess the only thing they have done that is good would be doing all these repairs for free.
Old 09-08-2009, 08:37 PM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3277
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

That's a piss off. Guess they were hoping that they could unload it onto someone who just didn't know any better.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:53 PM

Yeah, they tried to anyway...too bad it didnt work out for them...cuz now im getting free stuff...that technically should have been done anyway before it hit the lot...
Old 09-15-2009, 02:54 PM

Vehicle: 2008 Ram QC
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Electric Blue Pearlcoat
Engine: 2008-2008 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:35
rjs2005 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to rjs2005

https://www.ripoffreport.com/Auto-De...-end-82f59.htm

I remember this dealer, although I can't remember if they were called Greenbrier Dodge when I lived there in '99. I had my '88 Dodge Dakota S (2.2L 4 cyl) and was considering a trade for a 99 Dakota Club Cab 5.2L V8. I went there and met a salesman who exerted maximum effort in convincing me that I didn't have a clue what I really wanted. According to him, what I REALLY wanted was a 99 Ram 2500 with a 5.9L diesel. Now don't get me wrong, I would have LOVED to have that truck, but the budget wouldn't begin to allow it. After a long period of trying to get it through this salesman's head that I wasn't buying a Ram 2500, he decided to let me know that I was wasting his time and he could have me arrested for vagrancy. I was no Donald Trump at the time, but I made a pretty decent living, dressed ok, and I had my wife and 2 boys with me at the time. I went straight to the sales manager, informed him of what I was told, and drove off the lot right away. Freedom Ford had no problem whatsoever selling me a very nice extended cab 3.0 V6 Ranger, equipped just as I like.

I didn't own another Dodge pickup until my current 2008 Ram. Not Dodge's fault, but it did leave a really bad taste in my mouth for a long time.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:42 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram Daytona
Trim Level: Reg Cab 4x4
Color: Silver
Rep:10
CReePeR is on a distinguished road

I always go to any dealership dressed ratty. I like to be left alone. I also like to watch and see if the salesmen send the young kid over, it always happens, funny how the salesmen actually start treating you like a king when the run your credit and see that you can afford a nice vehicle.
I love messing with them
Old 09-15-2009, 10:28 PM

Vehicle: '01 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport with Off-Road
Color: Intense Blue
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:1588
Toms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHILLZ HEMI View Post
I actually bought my truck a Hall Dodge in Virginia Beach, which was the best experience in buying my truck(bought in July 15th 2009), and outstanding service. However, Greenbrier Dodge in Chesapeake Virginia(where my wife bought her 2007 Caliber R/T August 20th 2009), is worse than buying a car at a small ma and pa dealership. Sold us the car with cupped tires, bad inner right tie rod, bad wheel bearing on the RF, bad fog light tipm, and in addition to all the problems, the service to fixing these problems is still in the process. Its like they didnt even inspect the car before they put it on the lot to be sold. After they fix these problems, my wife and I decided to take her car to Hall for normal service, and to only go to Greenbrier for warrenty problems. Now since then, they have replaced the tires, inner right tie rod, and have the bearing and tipm on order, but lord knows how long thats going to take. I guess the only thing they have done that is good would be doing all these repairs for free.
Hope they have you in a loaner car while they have your car tied up . I use to be a state inspector here in Md. and was scared to death to put someone in a car that had my seal of approval on it if I were to intentionally over look something . What would of happened if your wife would of been in a accident due to their arrogance . I think I would be contacting automotive safety if I were you .
Old 09-16-2009, 07:55 AM

Vehicle: 2008 Ram QC
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Electric Blue Pearlcoat
Engine: 2008-2008 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:35
rjs2005 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to rjs2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by CReePeR View Post
I always go to any dealership dressed ratty. I like to be left alone. I also like to watch and see if the salesmen send the young kid over, it always happens, funny how the salesmen actually start treating you like a king when the run your credit and see that you can afford a nice vehicle.
I love messing with them
Actually I refuse to let them run my credit report right away any more, because I believe that's what led this idiot to believe he could put me in a $40,000 (1999 money) truck in the first place. In fact, I let the salesman know what I'm looking for and no substitutions will be accepted. If they don't have what I'm looking for and are not willing to do a dealer search for it, I walk. Immediately.
Old 09-18-2009, 01:36 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram Daytona
Trim Level: Reg Cab 4x4
Color: Silver
Rep:10
CReePeR is on a distinguished road

Yeah I don't let them run my credit report until I know What I want. Most of the time the try to sel you what they have and really never listen to you
Old 09-18-2009, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toms Blue Ram 1500 View Post
Hope they have you in a loaner car while they have your car tied up . I use to be a state inspector here in Md. and was scared to death to put someone in a car that had my seal of approval on it if I were to intentionally over look something . What would of happened if your wife would of been in a accident due to their arrogance . I think I would be contacting automotive safety if I were you .
oh this dealership does not give out rentals...but, please believe that they do for my wife and I...
Old 09-18-2009, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CReePeR View Post
Yeah I don't let them run my credit report until I know What I want. Most of the time the try to sel you what they have and really never listen to you
and thats what my wife and I did...we did the same for my truck when we bought it...dicussed what we wanted at what price we wanted, then they ran credit....Now dont get me wrong about the Caliber RT, it is exactly what my wife wanted....its just that the problems we are having were clearly overlooked before putting it out on the sales lot...by the way they are still beating around the bush about fixing the existing problems, its been 3 weeks now, and no call backs...after we have called them several times....