DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.2 Liter V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.2 Liter V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-05-2009, 04:31 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1997 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport 4x4
Color: Green
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:65
Yondaime will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by wermbang View Post
Sure I will get something typed up tomorrow so its all nice and neat with photos and such.
ok thanks a lot that would help out.
Sponsored links
Old 10-05-2009, 06:48 PM
Banned

Vehicle: 2001 Dodge Ram 4X4 Quad Cab
Trim Level: Sport- Off Road
Color: Intense Blue
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:1930
wermbang has a brilliant futurewermbang has a brilliant futurewermbang has a brilliant futurewermbang has a brilliant futurewermbang has a brilliant futurewermbang has a brilliant futurewermbang has a brilliant futurewermbang has a brilliant futurewermbang has a brilliant futurewermbang has a brilliant futurewermbang has a brilliant future

Directions for adding the "Black Mamba" to your 5.2 or 5.9. Other engines may not need the air hat.
Step1 - Remove old air pipe and hat. Pipe should just come off from fender and hat nothing to unbolt.

Step 2 – Mount the air hat that you have from donar vehicle (Dakota, Durango, Cadillac, or an old CAI) The one from a Dakata/Durango you will need to use the “S’ bolt that goes from the trottle body up through the hat. It will be a tight fit with the firewall right there but just maneaver it so it slides on or you can leave the bolt a little loose and angle it to get the hat on. It will eventually only be able go one way, towards the passenger side.

Step 3 - Attach the rubber coupler from the plumbing department to the hat with the suppled clamps.
Step 4 – Attach whatever filter you would like to the pipe you got in the electrical department, the Spectre filter I used covers from 2 ˝ in up to 4 in pipes.

At this time you can figure a way to help support it. As you can see in my picture I just used a strap and bent it to fit, but I will be changing that soon to an electrical conduit holder mounted to my fender.

Step 5 – Attached the pipe to the rubber coupler on you air hat with the clamps supplied.
You’re done so far, unless you don’t want to paint.
For painting take all apart same way installed. Make sure since its plastic to use an adhesion promotor (?) when painting. Then reinstall per instructions above.
You can also make your own heatshield or just buy one of the universal ones. I will be buying one shortly has I don’t like me homemade one out of heating duct and thermal tape.

Hows that?
Old 10-05-2009, 11:17 PM

Thank you so much that help out a lot and for the hat what would be the best to use? and 1+ rep for it thanks!!!!
Old 10-06-2009, 12:16 AM
Banned

wermbang has a brilliant futurewermbang has a brilliant futurewermbang has a brilliant futurewermbang has a brilliant futurewermbang has a brilliant futurewermbang has a brilliant futurewermbang has a brilliant futurewermbang has a brilliant futurewermbang has a brilliant futurewermbang has a brilliant futurewermbang has a brilliant future

No problem and thanks
I just went to the junk yard and found a Dakota, mine was an 03. As long as it doesn't have the 4.7 it should work.
Old 10-06-2009, 03:59 PM

ok so it does natter which one just as long as it is a 5.2? cause that is what mine is.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:25 PM
Banned

I think mine even came off a V6 which they are the same on the V8 as I had a Dakota with the 3.9 and it had the same hat. just need the opening to fit over the TB. You can see the difference I think the opening is around 4 1/2 inches or a little bigger.
Old 10-06-2009, 06:02 PM

ok got it, thank you that will save me a a lot of money and will it pass inspection if i do that? and did you feel more power when you made your own?
Old 10-06-2009, 08:42 PM
Banned

No clue on inspection as I do not have that here is Iowa. Its a little bit better throttle response and it louder. Have you had your exhaust done on your truck? If not that maybe something you need to get next also, since you have the air coming in it needs to get out too.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:16 PM

I dont have any after market exhaust on it just because i work part time and i am paying for the whole truck myself. So i am tight on money but i might get a flow master exhaust for it though later on down the road.