DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2010 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2010 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the new 2010 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-02-2010, 11:42 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:48
Hotfingrs is on a distinguished road

Got my factory brake controller today. Took about 2 weeks to get. Installed in about 20 mins, and will take it to the dealer next week to get the EVIC to work.
Sponsored links
Old 06-02-2010, 11:58 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram R/T
Trim Level: R/T
Color: Gray
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:145
sowardcustoms will become famous soon enoughsowardcustoms will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickMopar View Post
Does anyone know where the plug is in the 10's for the brake controler.

Also my "Ace" window lick'n parts guy doesn't know anything. Will an aftermarket controller work if I get the right plug?
Window lick'n parts guys I haven't licked a window in a long time..
Old 06-06-2010, 10:59 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Rep:33
RickMopar is on a distinguished road

Sorry didn't mean to offend anyone, my guys are just not that experianced I guess. I went back and read the whole thread lots of good info. My Technician at the dealership is one of those boy wonder computer kids he said its no big deal to do the sales code stuff
Old 06-09-2010, 08:54 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Deep Cherry Crystal
Rep:10
yagottaregatta is on a distinguished road

finally got my flash today for the controller. They updated my build info no problem. did my oil change and cashed me out. I went out and couldn't find the controller screen on my evic. Tried the slider on the controller. nothing. I go back in and asked if they downloaded the info to the truck. The manager said yup we updated the build code with chrysler. I said that is nice chrysler knows i have a controller but I would rather my truck know it. Needless to say they pulled it back in and did the job. The screen and controller work great and i love it! Thanks to all of you that posted the info on here if it was not for you guys they would not have known what to do. Glad i printed off the info and took it with me. Special thanks to Sigi who sold me the controller.
Old 06-18-2010, 01:54 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram Quad 4X4
Trim Level: SPORT
Color: Black Pearl
Rep:35
HEMI5150 is on a distinguished road

Wowwww, some of you guys were lucky to get one of those MOPAR controllers pretty cheap.... when i bought myyyy controller, it cost me $45,000.00 grand, and the truck was included in the price for free....heheheheheeee. Above all, this 2010 sport hemi 4x4 quad is the best truck i`ve ever drivin. I`ve owned them all, hands down, this truck smokes any previous truck i`ve ever owned in the past. It tows like a dream...!!!!!

Anyhow, gull dern nice thread...!!!
VERY informative...should be a sticky (at least for the 09 guys)

If ya cant beat`m, ram`em...
then dodge the father an ram the daughter

You might be able to bullshit your way to the top, BUT, it wont keep you there

Never believe what you hear, and only half of what you see
Old 06-25-2010, 01:07 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Color: Black
Diggerdoo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRockCrawler View Post
Information on the TBC is also displayed on the EVIC... Not sure if this is available on the 1500's but it is on the 2500 and up..
Yeah, For sure.. I just purchased a 2010 1500 SLT with the Integrated TBC.. It sure does display on the EVIC.. Very Nice..

** I do have a question: i did not get a user manual for the TBC, can anyone describe or provide details on its capabilities and operations! IE: is it inertial activated or with the brakes? What are the settings for? is it brake pressure (indicator states .5 to 10.0)..

Thanks All..
Cheers
Digger
Old 06-25-2010, 01:56 AM
Just some guy in Canada

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:2581
brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMI5150 View Post
Wowwww, some of you guys were lucky to get one of those MOPAR controllers pretty cheap.... when i bought myyyy controller, it cost me $45,000.00 grand, and the truck was included in the price for free....heheheheheeee. Above all, this 2010 sport hemi 4x4 quad is the best truck i`ve ever drivin. I`ve owned them all, hands down, this truck smokes any previous truck i`ve ever owned in the past. It tows like a dream...!!!!!
You got that deal too! I was just about to walk out on the TBC, but they threw in the truck, so I went with it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggerdoo View Post
Yeah, For sure.. I just purchased a 2010 1500 SLT with the Integrated TBC.. It sure does display on the EVIC.. Very Nice..

** I do have a question: i did not get a user manual for the TBC, can anyone describe or provide details on its capabilities and operations! IE: is it inertial activated or with the brakes? What are the settings for? is it brake pressure (indicator states .5 to 10.0)..

Thanks All..
Cheers
Digger
Page 450 of the owners manual.
It is inertial based....and one smart controller. Even if you set it wrong...it still works. If in doubt, set it higher. If it's too high, you will feel the trailer stopping you, then just back in off a bit. I have had just about every brake controller there is....and this on is by far my favorite!
I understand that it is manufactured by Valley Industrys. They do not offer an after market version of it. Some similar, but not the same.

Interested in one of my mods?
If it's underlined, it's a link to that mods thread.

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI
Old 06-26-2010, 01:24 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Ram QC Hemi 4x4
Color: Mineral Gray
ohioman911 is on a distinguished road

I tried to order the controller and bezel from a great Mopar parts guy, and he sent me a text from Dodge stating that the controller should not be ordered as an "add-in", only for a repair part for an existing system. It said that you "will" experience configuration difficulties, and that Mopar was working on a kit to be released in the Fall. Should I chance it or wait for the kit? Everyone seems to be getting them to work just fine, but I'd hate to be "that guy". It's for a 2010 QC 4x4.

Thanks for any insights...

Joe
Old 06-26-2010, 01:33 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

wobly is on a distinguished road

My recommendation is to stick your head under the dash and see if you can view two empty plugs. If you see a larger plug and a smaller plug sticking out of the wiring harness, then you are good to go to just plug it in. After that, it is a matter of flashing it at the dealer to integrate it in to the EVIC. If you only see one plug (like me) then it is a matter of wiring or getting a third-party brake controller.

Some people have stated that they had to feel around for the plugs since they were taped up next to the wiring harness.
Old 06-27-2010, 02:46 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

sundinwasbest is on a distinguished road

Was discussing adding the IBC with my dealer the other day....they had a notice from Chrysler indicating that adding the IBC after (ie. not factory installed) has caused malfunctions with trailer brakes locking up for no reason.

I am going to hold-off until Mopar comes out with their integrated version in the Fall.