DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 3.7 Liter V6

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 3.7 Liter V6 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 3.7-liter V6 engine - 210 horsepower, 235 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-16-2009, 11:10 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 5.7L HEMI
Trim Level: Big Horn, Quad Cab
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:47
CHILLZ HEMI is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to CHILLZ HEMI

Meanwhile there is a way on earth to make it faster than a HEMI...You just gotta be willing to do it....May cost about 2k for a SC or Turbo(most likely custom), an exhaust about a good $500(approx.), but that part of your modification process(for that type of truck), and if tuned right, there is no way you can blow the engine....
Old 10-16-2009, 11:22 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 08 Ram 1500 custom
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: White
Engine: 2008-2008 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:45
mholla00 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHILLZ HEMI View Post
Meanwhile there is a way on earth to make it faster than a HEMI...You just gotta be willing to do it....May cost about 2k for a SC or Turbo(most likely custom), an exhaust about a good $500(approx.), but that part of your modification process(for that type of truck), and if tuned right, there is no way you can blow the engine....
I think I remember seeing an SC somewhere. Im just going to do stuff like exhaust, CAI, spacers, lowering, plugs and wires, and most likely a bottle. Unless I decide to sell my 4 wheeler to pay for a super charger... tempting since I never ride it and I'd drive the crap out of my truck if it was supercharged haha
Old 10-16-2009, 11:39 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: R/T Baby!!!
Color: Bright White
Rep:2078
chithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond repute

May want to look at headers, a cam (if there is an aftermarket one) and see what can be done with the heads and intake manifold as well. With any motor, more air in and out is going to equal more power.

Looking forward to this as I had hopes of hopping up the 6 in my Pacifica. Actually wanted to add Crossfire parts to it and make it the "Pacifire". Traded it in on the Ram before that happened though.

I say... do it.
Old 10-16-2009, 07:13 PM

Vehicle: 2008 Hemi Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Rep:62
boostjunkie1 will become famous soon enough

Get s Squires Turbo System for it and have a Professional Shop Tune it... You will smoke 99% of the HEMIs out there..... Just remember that every dime you put in her you will NEVER GET BACK..... I have spen tons and tons of money on SRT4's and Diesels.......Fun while it lasted but if I had that 20k in my Bank account I would be a little better off now ...... That is life so HAVE FUN.....You may not be here tomorrow
Old 10-17-2009, 08:22 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:10
J1M is on a distinguished road
Exclamation i agree

I agree with boost junkie, STS Turbo systems claim they can put 5lbs of boost on your COMPLETELY STOCK engine and gain 100hp to the wheel or crank can't remember which one, causing no need for upgrades on the motor internal or external minus the required parts to bolt the turbo. its pricy tho. its about 3,500.00 just for the stage 3 kit. i would definately have it put on by a licensed sts shop. i too have a 08 3.7L still looking into gears haven't decided if i want a 3:92 or 4:10. love the wheels and hood it already looks sharp. just fyi magnaflow makes and awesome muffler that will give you an awesome rumble that most trucks don't sound like. careful tho after 3,000 rpms its sounds like a pi$$ed off Bumble Bee. (pun intended)

Jim
Old 10-17-2009, 09:18 PM

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 5.7L HEMI
Trim Level: Big Horn, Quad Cab
Rep:47
CHILLZ HEMI is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to CHILLZ HEMI

yeah i agree with boostjunkie1 too...But dont get it twisted, their is a SC out their for the HEMIs that add 150+ hp.....Sorry, just had to add that in there just so your aware
Old 10-28-2009, 10:02 AM
RamminCars

I'm making mine look like the SRT as well. You really need to think about how much you will ultimately dump into the truck and ask yourself if it is worth it vs buying one. My wife has explained it to me. I see many of them for sale now because of the gas prices. I'm making mine look like it but not putting any SRT logos on it. I'm more of the shaved emblem look minus the USMC stuff Ill be putting on in it's place. Ultimately it is your choice and do whatever makes it yours and what makes you happy. There will always be at least one person who will say it looks dumb even though a whole crowd would love to have it. Good luck
Old 10-28-2009, 11:12 AM

Vehicle: 4 trucks
Engine: 1994-1997 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp
Rep:17
pwrwgnman is on a distinguished road

Your money and truck, do it the way you want, like Rammin says some will like it some wont, I kinda like the personalized thing my self , and if its done right then thats even mobetter, whats that old saying if it feels good do it and if it dont kill ya do it again, lol
Never know some fiat engnerr might see it and say dang why didnt I think of that and start a line...Good luck and mod it, now if it was a collector muscle car I would be going for original parts and such...
Old 10-28-2009, 01:21 PM

Vehicle: 2003 ram 2wheel drive
Trim Level: slt/sport (bones)
Color: black
Rep:659
bones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to behold
Cool go for it

Hey there. I have a 2003 ram with the rumble bee graphics on it. Is it/ No its not. Sure its got a hemi not a six , so what. Be yourself not soweone else. Being a individual is just that. Your truck will be unique to you and all really. If your driving down the road with a lil rumble with the graphics who the hell will know the difference untill you pop the hood or race at a light. I say go for it and make it yours. Lookin fantastic.
Edd's : Hemi/ K&N C.A.I BONES Edition / Roll pan/Hood scoop/ Tinted heads,tails,3rd brake/ stereo upgrade/ T.M.D front bumper cover /Painted interior, 5" rear flip.2 inch front drop coils, Painted calipers,Eye brows
Old 05-19-2010, 06:55 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2003 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Base
Color: I forget, light blue metallic
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:10
six gun is on a distinguished road

It's a great looking truck as it sits right now and I don't even like that body. Best thing to do here is play with it and enjoy it and do mods as you can afford them for cheap but don't throw mega-bucks at it.
The SRT-6 concept would only work if you mirrored the SRT-10, and you would probably have to dump thousands and a blower to make it work, and in the end, it would still be less than an SRT-10 so there wouldn't be much point.