For Those Who Have Lifted - DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum
DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, 4x4, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lifting Springs, Body Lifts, Strut Braces, etc.

Vendor Highlight! - Check these guys out for great deals on Parts and Accessories!

Old 10-26-2009, 03:57 PM
erm

Default For Those Who Have Lifted

I have a 1999 Ram 1500 4X4 and am about to start modding. You can see what I've started planning on at this link:

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=42952

I have my Ram Sport body conversion parts list done.

I am now researching 5" lift kits for the truck. So far, I've researched FabTech, Rough Country, SuperLift & SkyJacker kits.

I have no idea what I am doing here. I've never lifted a truck before except my K5 Blazer which was just a 2" block lift.

None of the basic kits have everything I need but they do have options so I have been able to figure out what's to be added to basically compare apples to apples as far as kit contents and pricing.

What I haven't been able to determine is quality.

I don't want to create an extreme rock crawler or mudder. This truck will see mostly on-road duty, will be off-road from time to time but nothing extreme. The seasonal snow storm and some mud from time to time is as nasty as it will get.

Yeah, I know I'll need to re-gear and I'll have to figure out my powertrain/computer issues but that's Phase 2.

So, any comments or experience with any or all of these manufacturers will be welcomed.

Thanks in advance, folks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2009, 10:56 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Mega Cab
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Electric Blue Pearl Coat
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:31
nhegel is on a distinguished road

I used a rough country kit on my jeep. I thought the parts were pretty good quality. If the jeep guys cant afford Rubicon Express, ($$$$) they tend to buy Rough Country ($$). HTH
Old 10-26-2009, 11:13 PM
erm

Thanks for the info.

Old 12-03-2015, 02:24 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge 1500 RAM Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Grey metallic
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:10
Retired747 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Skyjacker 6" lift

Well, I have just spent $2250 and 3 DAYS under my 2013 1500 Laramie trying to 'guess' at their instruction sheets to fit a 6" SKYJACKER lift kit...
I was told this is supposedly the best on the market... Hmmm I wonder!
The kit appears to be ok, their instructions sheets 'SUCK"... they show pictures of upgrade parts....all it shows is close ups of a hand holding the replacement part.... saying 'this replaces the original'...NO wide angle pics of WHERE and HOW the units fits on the G.D. truck!!!
I spent most of the afternoon trying to figure out how to replace the rear control arms support brackets and ended up putting back the original parts on my truck as I could not figure out where and how these brackets mounted... It looks like the brackets may be the wrong ones for my year RAM. ...once again the picture on their instructions shows close-up of someone holding the bracket next to some truck part....WHY NOT SHOW A LONG SHOT OF WHERE IT ACTUALLY FITS ON THE F.....G TRUCK!!
I will be calling them again tomorrow!....
Also the kit was short of replacement bolts for the drive-shaft to front diff...
...the skid plate that fits between the new front and rear crossmembers has bolt fittings that only a midget with hands of a 2 year old with six inch fingers and X-Ray vision can locate and fit them inside the crossmember box sections!! This is nuts!!!!!

Got on to YOUTUBE to see if Skyjacker had a 'How to video' ...Nothing!! But Rough-Country did... What can I say!?

If ANYONE out there has fitted the Skyjackers 6" lift on a 2013 1500 Ram Laramie PLEASE send me a pic of the rear Control Arm relocation brackets so that I can see how they fit and if I have the correct ones..

Keep the shiny side up..
Old 12-04-2015, 08:26 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2011 RAM 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Mineral Gray
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
D.Jones is on a distinguished road

I just put a 6" rough country kit on my truck, for the money I think it's a good kit, quality seems good, and the extra money I saved going with rcx, I bought some bilstien 5100s
Old 12-04-2015, 08:34 AM
I'd rather be outside.

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: ST
Color: Never Dirty White
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
BambamXB is on a distinguished road

I just had a 6" pro comp lift put on my 2011 1500 and I couldn't be more satisfied. Still has factory ride feel and didn't void any warranty. Wasn't necessarily the least expensive option though.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement