DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-02-2009, 11:05 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 1998 Dodge ram 1500
Trim Level: SS/T
Color: black w/ silver stripes
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:883
98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by strang3majik View Post
I asked them if it could be bought out of the yard. They said, since it was a C4C vehicle, it had 90 days to be crushed, and they're not allowed to sell it.

Maybe I'll just buy the whole thing, piece by piece then.

The old Johnny Cash song is ringing in my head now...lol

"I'll get it one piece at a time"
That's stupid. They could be making money off of that. Clunker is defined as a P.O.S lol not an SS/T that is in running condition. Maybe it wasn't good enough for that owner, but it is treasure for anybody who gives a damn about their rareness.

C4C was absolutely ridiculous. Yeah it benefited some people but some others just wanted to get their names out by giving their vettes, supras, and other cars with VALUE. Granted some of them may have been wrecked but STILL!

Alex, 1998 Ram 1500 SS/T. What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left.
Sponsored links
Old 11-02-2009, 11:06 PM

98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJet View Post
What does C4C mean? It is a totaled truck, salvage?
Cash for clunkers.

Alex, 1998 Ram 1500 SS/T. What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left.
Old 11-02-2009, 11:08 PM

Vehicle: Blue
Rep:3934
BlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond repute

That's retarded! If it is still salvageable why send it ti a wrecking yard? Toxic waste, over flowing landfills.....? Fix it up and sell it!!
Old 11-02-2009, 11:11 PM

lol holes in the O-Zone ontop of that all, but no big apparantly. They should have given the vehicles to those in need, or atleast put them up for sale...

Old 11-02-2009, 11:11 PM

Vehicle: 1996 Dodge Ram Indy Pace Truck
Trim Level: Indy Pace Truck
Color: Blue w/ white stripes
Rep:210
strang3majik has a spectacular aura aboutstrang3majik has a spectacular aura aboutstrang3majik has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98sst View Post
That's stupid. They could be making money off of that. Clunker is defined as a P.O.S lol not an SS/T that is in running condition. Maybe it wasn't good enough for that owner, but it is treasure for anybody who gives a damn about their rareness.

C4C was absolutely ridiculous. Yeah it benefited some people but some others just wanted to get their names out by giving their vettes, supras, and other cars with VALUE. Granted some of them may have been wrecked but STILL!
Yeah...it would be one thing if it was ragged out, or wrecked...

But, this truck is seriously nice. I mean, if I saw this one out somewhere, it would be inspiration for getting mine painted, and looking tip top again.

I should have my dad run the vin #, find out where the guy lives, and pay him a little visit driving my SS/T wearing all black.

The ghost of the SS/T has come to haunt him.

Jackass.

Ugh...now I'm more angered than sad.

Don't worry...as i said, I'll get as many parts off of it as possible.

98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited / 96 Dodge Ram Indy Pace Truck / 87 Dodge Charger GLHS / 85 Dodge Omni GLH
Old 11-02-2009, 11:13 PM

Vehicle: 1996 Dodge Ram Indy Pace Truck
Trim Level: Indy Pace Truck
Color: Blue w/ white stripes
Rep:210
strang3majik has a spectacular aura aboutstrang3majik has a spectacular aura aboutstrang3majik has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98sst View Post
lol holes in the O-Zone ontop of that all, but no big apparantly. They should have given the vehicles to those in need, or atleast put them up for sale...
or traded them for people with vehicles that are about to blow up, or are emitting a cloud of smoke with every thromp on the gas...and just crushed them instead of a perfectly good one.

oh well...good enough for government work, as the old saying goes.

98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited / 96 Dodge Ram Indy Pace Truck / 87 Dodge Charger GLHS / 85 Dodge Omni GLH
Old 11-02-2009, 11:14 PM

Lol HOOK ME UP with a set of rims!

Old 11-02-2009, 11:14 PM

Vehicle: 1998 Dodge Ram
Color: Black/Silver stripes
Rep:134
TenneSST will become famous soon enoughTenneSST will become famous soon enough

Can people not do simple math? I can't imagine taking a car in, that's worth more than the gov't will give you, and taking them up on it. If I was some of these dealerships, I'd have taken them aside and given them my own cash for clunkers deal.

I just can't understand how a person can live with themselves after junking out perfectly good vehicles for a gov't subsidy. It makes it worse when it is a rare or collectible vehicle. Idiots!
Old 11-02-2009, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strang3majik View Post
or traded them for people with vehicles that are about to blow up, or are emitting a cloud of smoke with every thromp on the gas...and just crushed them instead of a perfectly good one.

oh well...good enough for government work, as the old saying goes.
Democrats*

Old 11-03-2009, 06:37 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: R/T Baby!!!
Color: Bright White
Rep:2078
chithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond repute

Dang, and the green is my favorite SS/T.

Since they can't sell it, wonder if they can just give it to you... And I'll come get it.