DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Diablo Predator Questions & Info!
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-19-2015, 11:09 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lonestar
Color: White
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:10
austinmck is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down What a mistake...

Well, learning aint cheap. I bought my Trinity and could not have been more excited. After loading the perf 87 canned tune, I went for a drive to see if I noticed any difference. I didn't. I returned home, adjusted some settings, reloaded the tune and went for another drive. I still didn't notice anything.

The next day, I attempted to load the stock tune back to the truck. The truck didn't take the tune and now my truck wouldn't start. The tuner stated that it was already married to another vin number, however, the vin number listed was the same as my trucks vin number. Since this was on a Saturday, I had to wait until Monday to talk to tech support. Since I work all day Monday through Friday, my wife had to work with tech support and attempt to get the truck back running. Diablosport said that my computer needed to be reflashed. They said I could either remove my computer and send it to them with the tuner and they would do it for free. Or, I could have my truck towed to the dealer and have them reflash it. I decided it would be cheapest and in my best interest to remove the computer and send it to Diablosport. While attempting to remove my 2 connectors on my computer, it seemed that the connectors were stuck and were unable to be removed without damaging them. I got it loose, but it just wouldn't detach. So now, my last resort was to have my truck towed to the dealer and hope they don't see anything fromt he turner on the computer. The dealership said the connectors were broke and needed to be replaced. Also they said the computer has an internal short and needs to be replaced as well. So...$1300 later, I have my truck back and running.

What I learned from this is that I have a perfectly good truck as it isn't worth it to mess with a tuner. Just added a lot of stress and caused me to spend unnecessary money...

My intentions were to burn the rest of the 87 octane gas in my tank, fill up with 93, and load the perf 93 canned tune. I was also was looking forward to get a custom tune from Hemifever. Unfortunately it just didn't work out that way.
Old 04-19-2015, 11:45 AM
Yup! It's Got A HEMI.....

Vehicle: 2014 Ram Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Maximium Steel
Rep:46
Cheyenne71 is on a distinguished road

Sorry to hear you had issues. I've loaded mine with no issues and mine was bought used from another forum member.
De-Badged, Replaced Front/Rear Emblems w/AMI Billet, SS Door Sills, Diablo Trinity T-1000, Retro Shop Headlight/Fog HID's, PIAA Extreme White Highs, BedRug Liner, ReTrax Pro Tonneau, 20% Wondow Tint w/10" Eyebrow Done, Zone 4" lift w/3" coils and Bilstein 5100's set at .7, Fuel PVD Chrome Hostage 20X10 w/-12 Offset, Cooper ST Maxx 35X12.50R20 Tires, Maggie 18" w/ Magnaflow 5" Double Walled Tips.
Old 04-21-2015, 08:55 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: qc 4x4 8sp/3.92 lsd
Color: granite crystal
vol is on a distinguished road

That sucks.

What did you tell the dealer happened or did they even ask?
Old 04-22-2015, 01:30 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lonestar
Color: White
austinmck is on a distinguished road

Just told them that I went outside to start it and it wouldn't turn over. They didn't ask much after that.