DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 3RD Generation Dodge Ram 2002 to 2008 Dodge Ram Trucks > Electrical

Notices

Electrical 3rd Gen Dodge Ram Electrical Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-07-2009, 05:23 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: Dodge Ram 1500 SLT
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Patriot Blue
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:10
mopar02 is on a distinguished road
Default Heat on one side only

Hi Everyone, I have a 2002 Ram and my problem is my heat in the cab. The right side blows out nice heat, while at the same time the drivers side is blowing cool heat. Any suggestions? Thanks David
Sponsored links
Old 11-07-2009, 05:45 PM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3272
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think it does, but does your cab have the dual zone control? If not, you may have a blockage or a leak from the heater core to you driver side vents under the dash.
Old 11-07-2009, 06:26 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: Dodge Ram 1500 SLT
Color: Patriot Blue
mopar02 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the reply. No I don't have dual climate control. I looked around a little bit but can't see or hear anything. May have to go to the shop.
Old 11-07-2009, 06:37 PM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3272
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Off of your heater core there should be one or two hoses running into the cab, make sure they're still hooked up and not cracked/broken. Might save you the trip. if not, keep us in the loop.
Old 11-15-2009, 04:51 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram Megacab 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Inferno red and khaki
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:24
ungluedcargo is on a distinguished road

The other common problem is with the blend door on the heater going bad, they can cause this same problem. It is a cheap part to repair, as there are a few aftermarket options. If you take it to the dealer it is not cheap. The part is cheap, the labor is around 8 hours or so to remove the dash. Good luck
Old 12-04-2009, 07:31 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Crucial is on a distinguished road

Did you ever get this figured out? 2002 4.7l ram 1500 here and I have the exact same problem and I can tell you it isn't the blend door. It is either a clogged heater core or air trapped in the core. I can get heat to work again by flushing the core with water being careful not to let any air in. This will work for a week or 2 and then it will happen again. No heat out of the drivers side. My guess is that I have a small leak in the core that isn't enough to dump on the floor but is enough to let air in causing it to only flow through part of the core. I just bought a new core and am dreading the job of replacing it. I never notice any coolant loss at the tank and I can smell a faint coolant smell when I turn the heater on while it is working. Once the heat goes away I don't notice the smell at all.

I don't really know what else it could be and I'm tired of freezing, especially since our winter just started. I am tempted to try and put some bars leaks in to see if that gets me through the winter but I've heard enough horror stories to not want to try it.

If anyone has any tips on how to get the core out without disconnecting the A/C please let me know.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:35 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

I replaced my core this weekend. Turns out it's not that bad of a job. Took about 7 hours.

My core wasn't leaking but it was partially plugged. I'm guessing someone put some sort of stop leak in it before I bought it.

There is no way you can change it without disconnecting the A/C. We had 2 bottles of freon though so it is good to go.

Feels good saving $1000.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:41 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 99 dodge ram
Color: red/silver
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
wildboyzracing is on a distinguished road

i have the same problem all the doors and mechanical work fine tried to flush core(did so for about ten min while going back and forth between lines) still no heat on drivers side blows real hot on passenger though. single climate zone truck. im begining to wonder if the truck still has the dual climate zone doors but with one actuater controlling both of them and the drivers side is goofed up. any and all help is appreciated this is getting annoying
Old 12-07-2009, 03:00 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

What year truck? If it's anything like mine(2002) then there's no way the dual zone door is hooked up to the other control. There is a spring that holds the dual zone door closed and that could have broken letting the door close blocking off the drivers side but you would have the same issue with the A/C then. It's more than likely a plugged core. The heater core isn't a single tube snaking through a set of fins. It's like a small radiator where you have a tank on either side. It's possible that it isn't fully plugged. I tested the temperature of the air coming out of the vent before and after. I was only getting 115F out of the center drivers side upper vent before and after it was 150F after.
Old 12-07-2009, 06:27 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2002 Ram 1500
Color: White
Rep:28
streetbob is on a distinguished road

http://www.heatertreater.net/ check these guys out, they are aon you tube also