DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Warranty Issues

Notices

Dodge Ram Warranty Issues Discuss your Dodge Ram Warranty in this forum.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-08-2009, 10:37 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Copperhead
Rep:24
mgauger is on a distinguished road
Default Chrysler Life Time Extended Warranty

Just picked up my new truck yesterday, 09 1500, and they were talking about this warranty and how it's the last year Chrysler is going to be offering it. The life time part anyway, the other thing they were talking about is that this warranty is transferable, and the others are not. Anyway, there playing it off as pretty much a bumper to bumper with 100 dollar deductible after the 3 yr / 36k bumper to bumper runs out. Any thoughts?? Trying to figure out if it's worth the 2500 price tag. One look at all the tech inside the truck tells me yes, the radio alone looks like it would cost a load to have it repaired or replaced. Thoughts??

Thanks

PS - The ride of this truck just blows my mind!! I thought my Ford King Ranch rode nice!! Sorry to gloat, it's just never owned a Dodge, thought I never would own a Dodge. To be honest, I think it's the nicest 1/2 ton on the market!! Maybe today I can get some pics and post, still waiting on the topper, bedrug, bug shield, still deciding if I should just get the husky mud flaps or wait for Dodge to come out with them, guess they don't have them for the trucks with fender flares.

Thanks

Mike
Sponsored links
Old 11-08-2009, 02:40 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2009 Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: SLT "Bighorn"
Color: Inferno Red
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:23
PlmRam is on a distinguished road

Your 2009 comes with Chrysler's lifetime powertrain warranty. Your salesman should have provided you with literature on what exactly is covered. There is no extra cost for this and it is pretty comprehensive. For all the extra electronics and electrical things, like power windows, OEM sterios, etc., Chrysler offers extended warranties. This is what I believe your dealer was talking about. They do offer one good for the lifetime of your vehicle, which is transferrable, if the truck is sold. They also have ones for shorter terms. I bought a 6 yr/60000 mile (about the length of time I tend to keep vehicles).

You can check out the different extended warranty options and prices on the Dodge.com site (click the owners section, at the top of the page, and look under warranties). You can buy the extended warranty directly from Chrysler, via the web. I purchased my new 2009 Ram last month and purchased the warranty seperately. They offered 12 months same as cash, so I'm not financing the cost.
Old 11-08-2009, 04:44 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: ST
Color: Graystone Pearl
Engine: 2008-2008 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:10
sernul is on a distinguished road

Umm incorrect if you read the dodge.com website the lifetime warrenty is not transferable. It only exist if you are the first time buyer.
Old 11-08-2009, 05:29 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Quad Cab ST 4.7L 4X2
Color: Deep Water Blue Pearl
Rep:43
mad1274 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sernul View Post
Umm incorrect if you read the dodge.com website the lifetime warrenty is not transferable. It only exist if you are the first time buyer.
They weren't talking about the liftime warranty that comes with the vehicle, they are talking about an extended warranty plan which is transferable...
Old 11-08-2009, 06:32 PM
erm

You will always get a better deal on the extended warranty buying it yourself direct from Chrysler Warranty.

When I purchased my Chrysler, I got a great deal from Chrysler Contracts.

For instance a 100,000 mile "Maximum Care" 7 year warranty would cost you about $1200. A lifetime "Maximum Care" warranty would cost around $1600. Plan deductibles and cost based on your estimated annual mileage vary a bit but not significantly.

So save some money and do some online browsing for your warranty.

Below are a couple of sites to check out. I do not have any affiliation with either nor do I endorse either of them. But when I went looking for my Chrysler, I saved 1/2 the price the dealer was quoting for a comparable warranty. I ended up going with ChryslerContracts.

http://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/default.aspx

http://www.chryslerwarrantys.com/index.cfm
Old 11-08-2009, 08:14 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Color: Copperhead
Rep:24
mgauger is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADDOG View Post
You will always get a better deal on the extended warranty buying it yourself direct from Chrysler Warranty.

When I purchased my Chrysler, I got a great deal from Chrysler Contracts.

For instance a 100,000 mile "Maximum Care" 7 year warranty would cost you about $1200. A lifetime "Maximum Care" warranty would cost around $1600. Plan deductibles and cost based on your estimated annual mileage vary a bit but not significantly.

So save some money and do some online browsing for your warranty.

Below are a couple of sites to check out. I do not have any affiliation with either nor do I endorse either of them. But when I went looking for my Chrysler, I saved 1/2 the price the dealer was quoting for a comparable warranty. I ended up going with ChryslerContracts.

http://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/default.aspx

http://www.chryslerwarrantys.com/index.cfm
Thanks for the web sites, now I need to double check, the brochure he gave me was from a Fidelity Warranty Service, there website says you need to contact the dealer for a quote. I thought he said it was a 100 deductible, but the website you sent has the exact same price he quoted for a 50 buck deductible, I'll have to check and make it is a 50 dollar deductible. Thanks for all the help!!
Old 11-08-2009, 11:39 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 09 1500 crew
Color: black pearl
Rep:23
FNG is on a distinguished road

I got it for my truck. I drive all my vehicles into the ground, so it made sense for me. I did my home work on the "Life Time Bumper to Bumper". It truly is bumper to bumper on just about everything except very few normal wear items ie..belts hoses tune-ups. I made them show me their computer report for my personal policy, it showed its expiration date as year 2049 and 999,999 miles. You also get the bonus of a free rental vehicle when ever you drop it off for repairs or normal service.
The loop hole for Chrysler is that once a repair cost more than the Kelly Blue Book value of the truck, all they need to do is give you the Blue Book cash value and the contract is over. I bet that's also the same loop hole for the power train warranty we all have too.
My contract is also the $100 deductible per visit, not per item, so multiple things can be fix at once for just $100 if you have to save up a few minor issues before you bring it in. My contract is only transferable in ... I think Florida, I live in Massachusetts, so not transferable for me. As I said earlier, I drive my cars into the ground anyway. Still driving my 1999 Durango for example.
To me, I think the Life Time Warranty is a "No Brainer" Unless your into trading your vehicles in every 3-5 yrs. Or your into modifying the motors, because I think mods to the engine and suspension will void it.
Good luck with your decision, hope this helped steer you in the right direction. Congrats on the new rig!
Old 11-08-2009, 11:43 PM
erm

Oh, and just so you know, Chrysler Contracts will take payments up to 36 months.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:34 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 2500
Trim Level: Tradesman
Color: Granite Crystal
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:50
MillerTime will become famous soon enough

I bought the lifetime extended warranty too.... I just traded in my 20 month old GMC with 70K miles on it... I drive from Toledo to Louisville and back every week. I have to keep this truck a while too...there is a new addition coming to the family.
Old 11-12-2009, 06:44 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Rep:10
matt3 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
I bought the lifetime extended warranty too.... I just traded in my 20 month old GMC with 70K miles on it... I drive from Toledo to Louisville and back every week. I have to keep this truck a while too...there is a new addition coming to the family.
Haha, I traded in a 18 month old GMC for a..................... you guessed it a bright silver bighorn. Coincedince?