DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LOWERING or STANDARD

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LOWERING or STANDARD Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lowering Springs, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-19-2009, 12:12 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2002 Ram QC
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Almond
Engine: 2008-2008 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:11
psidrop is on a distinguished road
Default Front inner wheel wells

Hey everyone i have a 02 ram just lowered it last weekend, my question is what are you guys doing about removing the inner wheel wells i removed the passenger side and desided to put it back in because i dont want my ecu to get soaked when in the rain any ideas?

Thanks
Sponsored links
Old 11-19-2009, 12:57 PM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3269
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the Z! don't forget to stop by the newbie section to get the official welcome.

Now, onto your question. How much did you drop it and what size rims/tires are you running? If you're not having any rubbing issues then leave them in, especially if you're planning to drive it in anything but bright sunshine and warm weather. If you're having issues with rubbing they you can either notch the well where it's rubbing and weld in a new tubbed patch, OR tub the entire well, but you'd have to move some things, like the battery and fuse box on the driver side.

If you're rubbing just on the inside of the fender, you can either get a fender roller which can be a bit expensive, or you can use the old baseball bat and a friend who doesn't need his front teeth anymore trick. Roll the bat between the wheel and well and drive forward SLOWLY to bend the steel up and stop the rubbing. Not recommended for obvious safety reasons though.
Old 11-19-2009, 02:42 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Thanks for the reply, ill get into more detail i guess to better my question.

I did spindles and clipped a coil and half on the stock springs gave it about a 5 inch drop i would say in the front, im running 255/30/22s so there very small tires, if i have me and another person in the truck i noticed it rubs on the plastic inners pretty good, I do drive the truck in the rain alot since im here in the good ol state of washington so thats why im worried about just removing the inners because the ecu, fuse box and all that good stuff will more then likely get soaked so basically just wondering if anyone has ideas for me on what i should do.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dodge22s.jpg (22.3 KB, 28 views)
Old 11-19-2009, 06:39 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: Express
Color: Dk cherry red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:130
GregInAtl will become famous soon enoughGregInAtl will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by psidrop View Post
Thanks for the reply, ill get into more detail i guess to better my question.

I did spindles and clipped a coil and half on the stock springs gave it about a 5 inch drop i would say in the front, im running 255/30/22s so there very small tires, if i have me and another person in the truck i noticed it rubs on the plastic inners pretty good, I do drive the truck in the rain alot since im here in the good ol state of washington so thats why im worried about just removing the inners because the ecu, fuse box and all that good stuff will more then likely get soaked so basically just wondering if anyone has ideas for me on what i should do.
That looks SO dope! Man I want 22"s... Regarding the scrubbing, can you identify where its scrubbing, turning only, at max compression goin straight?
anymore pics of the truck?!

06 Stratos 201 Pro XL 225 Yamaha
Old 11-19-2009, 06:58 PM
I push the skinny pedal

CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Man, that looks wicked dropped that much on 22s. Almost tucking...I do love dropped quad cabs. If you can see where it's rubbing then i'd say notch that area plus a few extra inches then 'glass over with a well and voila! extra clearance. That would save you having to tub the front fenders. Listen to Greg... I do. He ALMOST knows what he's talking about
Old 11-19-2009, 08:02 PM

GregInAtl will become famous soon enoughGregInAtl will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnoilRAM View Post
Man, that looks wicked dropped that much on 22s. Almost tucking...I do love dropped quad cabs. If you can see where it's rubbing then i'd say notch that area plus a few extra inches then 'glass over with a well and voila! extra clearance. That would save you having to tub the front fenders. Listen to Greg... I do. He ALMOST knows what he's talking about
HAHA I have you fooled!!! If you break as much crap as I do, you begin to learn....I learn the hard way a lot!

Old 11-20-2009, 10:40 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

haha thanks guys for the complaments on the truck.

The tires mainly rub when going straight any little bumb, im gonna pull both out tonight and and see if there are any marks (should be some) and maybe cut out were ever its rubbing then put them back in.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (26.9 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg s.jpg (27.7 KB, 11 views)
Old 11-20-2009, 12:52 PM
I push the skinny pedal

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregInAtl View Post
HAHA I have you fooled!!! If you break as much crap as I do, you begin to learn....I learn the hard way a lot!
Breaking stuff is how I learned a lot about my Dakota... did you learn when you were young to not touch the stove by your mom telling you repeatedly or by doing it once and paying for it? I know which way I went.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psidrop View Post
haha thanks guys for the complaments on the truck.

The tires mainly rub when going straight any little bumb, im gonna pull both out tonight and and see if there are any marks (should be some) and maybe cut out were ever its rubbing then put them back in.
Cool, let us know what you come up with. You do have one sick ride, and I think your truck really needs a roll pan now to really smooth out the back end... but that's just me.
Old 11-20-2009, 03:46 PM

you should see oval shaped burn marks on the liners, you may need to remove them, cut the area (and a little extra just in case) and build a bubble panel behind them to give the clearance yet keep it water proofed.

Old 11-20-2009, 04:53 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnoilRAM View Post
Breaking stuff is how I learned a lot about my Dakota... did you learn when you were young to not touch the stove by your mom telling you repeatedly or by doing it once and paying for it? I know which way I went.

Cool, let us know what you come up with. You do have one sick ride, and I think your truck really needs a roll pan now to really smooth out the back end... but that's just me.
Thank you very much!, I do plan on getting a roll pan for it but i gotta get a hideaway hitch so i can still tow my utility trailer around, i think i might get my handles and mirrors paint matched too