DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram Forum Polls!

Notices

Dodge Ram Forum Polls! Get Your Vote On!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

View Poll Results: Ford Trucks or Chevy Trucks
Ford 364 52.37%
Chevy 331 47.63%
Voters: 695. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-18-2012, 11:33 PM
Banned - Unauthorized Commercial Sales

Rep:10
sanddperformance is on a distinguished road

chevy the ford trucks are junk
Sponsored links
Old 11-05-2012, 10:06 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Sport 4x4
Color: BLACK
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:9
PeterGriffin is an unknown quantity at this point

Ford by a country mile...

Had a 6.0 diesel Excursion (pre-owned) and 6.4 diesel F250 (bought new)...

And an Avalanche (pre-owned) and Escalade ESV (bought new).

Couldn't PAY me to drive another Government Motors POS...I'll take FoMoCo and GM can keep their bailout money...
MOPAR trailer brake controller,rubber floor mats & rear view camera*tint*Plastidipped wheels*K&N drop-in*180 thermostat*debadged*running boards DELETED*Front Speakers:Quantum Audio 6-inch*Rear Speakers:Pioneer 6x9*Alpine 4-channel amp*Kenwood Sub amp*Sub:2/10-inch Rockford Fosgate*high/low/fog HIDs
Old 11-05-2012, 10:19 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Big Horn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Deep Water Blue
Rep:611
InDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterGriffin View Post
I'll take FoMoCo and GM can keep their bailout money...
Uuuh Ford took a Bailout as well, they just did it a little before everything tanked in the Economy.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDeepWaterBlue View Post
Uuuh Ford took a Bailout as well, they just did it a little before everything tanked in the Economy.
Uhhh...EVERY manufacturer has taken government incentives, etc. since Henry Ford. The context, timing and method of the latest round with the current administration with GM and to a lesser degree C/D/J is rubbish, and Ford was NOT a part of that...
MOPAR trailer brake controller,rubber floor mats & rear view camera*tint*Plastidipped wheels*K&N drop-in*180 thermostat*debadged*running boards DELETED*Front Speakers:Quantum Audio 6-inch*Rear Speakers:Pioneer 6x9*Alpine 4-channel amp*Kenwood Sub amp*Sub:2/10-inch Rockford Fosgate*high/low/fog HIDs
Old 11-06-2012, 08:30 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

How was it to a lesser degree with chrysler?

The only good thing about all of what happened is that GM and Chrysler both paid what they took back. But still, they should have both tanked. Other manufacturers would have been born...

I've loved every GM I've had, very good cars for the money. The only reason I chose the ram over the chevy is because the chevy full size trucks are behind times. Chevy also wanted more $ for a v8 colorado than Ram wanted for a v8 full size.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
How was it to a lesser degree with chrysler?

The only good thing about all of what happened is that GM and Chrysler both paid what they took back. But still, they should have both tanked. Other manufacturers would have been born...

I've loved every GM I've had, very good cars for the money. The only reason I chose the ram over the chevy is because the chevy full size trucks are behind times. Chevy also wanted more $ for a v8 colorado than Ram wanted for a v8 full size.
Uhhh...Chrysler didn't take as much money as GM did...but Chrysler did NOT pay back what they took, IIRC they came up almost $2 billion short...

My main impetus for purchasing the Ram was financial. You get WAY more truck for the money as compared to the Fords (since I wouldn't even consider a GM product). I was all about an EcoBoost F150 but it was going to easily cost me close to $10K more with similar packages/options. Aesthetically, the Ram looks more rugged to me than the other two, as much of a Ford fanboi that I am it was a pretty easy decision.

I've had a quite a few C/D/J rides and have yet to be disappointed. My Cadillac ESV, which is GM's flagship SUV (bought new) was a colossal piece of shite with NOTHING but problems and spent enough time in the shop to be lemoned lawed out of existence. I made it someone else's problem. The Avalanche that I ended up getting as a project truck ended up being the shortest amount of time I ever owned a vehicle, 3 months. I couldn't bring myself to put anything other than gas in it and I had some pretty bitchin' plans for it...
Old 11-06-2012, 09:16 AM

InDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterGriffin View Post
Uhhh...EVERY manufacturer has taken government incentives, etc. since Henry Ford. The context, timing and method of the latest round with the current administration with GM and to a lesser degree C/D/J is rubbish, and Ford was NOT a part of that...
They didn't take as much as Chrysler or Chevy, but yes they took a bailout. In 2009 Ford was given a almost $6 Billion loan with an additional $9 Billion Credit in case the Economy got worse. The Companies President and CEO even testified that his company would suffer if Congress did not pass legislation to provide financial support to the ailing auto industry, urging congress to pass the Automotive Industry Financing Program. This program is how GM, GMAC, and Chrysler got their "Bailout" money. Ford did not receive money from this program which is true, however like I stated above Ford had asked for money only 6 months before the AIFP was signed by congress that Ford had supported and basically created.

Also when Ford ran a clever ad about how a young guy walked into a dealership and was met by a surprise press conference, and was asked why he chose a Ford he replied with something along the lines of wanting a vehicle from a company that hadn't been bailed out by the government. Ford was kindly contacted about this ad by the White House and it has since been removed from the internet entirely. The only version you can find now is from someone who recorded the ad with their cell phone. Not trying to cause a rift here but Ford did take bailout money and did a lot more "behind the scenes" so to speak than most people know. Point is, isthey're not the golden company they make themselves out to be after the auto crisis in this country. GM and Chrysler (not including GMAC and Chrysler Financial) received about $17 Billion, split that in half and your at roughly $8 Billion a piece. Compare that to Fords $6 Billion "Loan" 6 months earlier than the other 2 and all 3 companies are suddenly in the same Ballpark.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDeepWaterBlue View Post
They didn't take as much as Chrysler or Chevy...
Excellent/articulate post. It's all about perception. When I bought my F250 back a couple of years ago this nonsense figured prominently in my purchase; and I gave all of the Big 3 a crack at making a deal. I test drove and put a deposit on a LOADED diesel Denali ($60K+) and walked over being $500 apart. I made a snide comment to the salesman about already paying the government enough already. Found my truck on eBay, (1K miles away), got between $3-5K more for my trade than I was looking at locally in addition to the dealer doubling the factory rebate on diesels at the time $8K to $16K! It was really a no-brainer.

"Made in America" used to mean something back in the day...now, not so much...
Old 11-06-2012, 02:57 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Steven I had no idea you were so edumacated!?

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:26 PM

You're right about that, being made in America did mean something at some point, but now you're almost better off buying from other companies like Toyota, Subaru and even BMW that produce some of their line up here. I actually give props to BMW as they manufacture their small SUV and Z3 here and ship thos models to Germany to sell them. Sadly outsourcing is the way of the world these days. It may be assembled here but I know my motor was built in Mexico. And it wasn't to far from Chevy and Fords own manufacturing plants down there lol.

Gotta be edumacated Sean