DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Knowledge Base

Notices

Dodge Ram Knowledge Base Here you can find owner submitted how-to's for performing various mods to your Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-18-2010, 06:09 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep water blue
Rep:401
Crash is just really niceCrash is just really niceCrash is just really niceCrash is just really niceCrash is just really nice
Default 2010 Wire colors?

First off I want to say thanks to IRock for the write up it was a big help, but to you 2010 owners when I spliced my wires to the tan/lb and tan/db wires I had very erratic operation. The lock button did nothing and the unlock locked the gate and multiple presses would unlock sometimes. After reversing the wires still problems.. So I took the plug apart (back cover off the plug itself)so I could trace which cavity each wire goes to I found that the tan light blue was in cavity stated but cavity 22 was a white/orange wire. Once spliced to this wire and reversing the kit wires back mine now works flawlessly. Sure glad I didn't blow something up!!
Frt 20%tint,Line-x,Bak-Flip,El T/gate Lock,Box Lights,LED T/gate Bar,Bilsteins,Timbren SES,Chrome Bug Sheild,Putco Vent Visors,Amp Powersteps,HID Lows,Fogs,Volant Cai,Engine Cover Painted&Lit,B Pillar Tape Removed,Weather Tech Mats,Mopar Mud Flaps,Shorty Antenna,SRT 22s,Diablo Trinity
Sponsored links
Old 11-18-2010, 06:20 PM

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Trim Level: SLT Lonestar Edition
Color: White
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:27
dksram is on a distinguished road

For 2009-2010 model you can actually by the factory MOPAR part for the remote tailgate opener. I've seen them on eBay for around -60-80 bucks.
Not sure about anything needing to be reset from the dealer.
Old 11-18-2010, 08:00 PM

Crash is just really niceCrash is just really niceCrash is just really niceCrash is just really niceCrash is just really nice

Yeah thats why I,m a little POed at my dealer. I could have saved a bunch of money going aftermarket but thought I would get a better product from them. But then their own instructions are wrong and I have to figure out the wiring myself???
Frt 20%tint,Line-x,Bak-Flip,El T/gate Lock,Box Lights,LED T/gate Bar,Bilsteins,Timbren SES,Chrome Bug Sheild,Putco Vent Visors,Amp Powersteps,HID Lows,Fogs,Volant Cai,Engine Cover Painted&Lit,B Pillar Tape Removed,Weather Tech Mats,Mopar Mud Flaps,Shorty Antenna,SRT 22s,Diablo Trinity
Old 01-28-2011, 12:33 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram Crew Cab
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Silver
Rep:10
jdlatil is on a distinguished road

I got my kit in today, I will be installing it tomorrow on by day off. After looking at the printed instructions pack with parts. I'm really thank for to IRock for all his pictures sure will make it much easier to install. Crash thanks for telling us about the different color wires, I was all ready to hook up the wrong color wires, thank again.
Old 01-28-2011, 05:27 PM

No problem. Just pay attention to the cavity the wire is for that IS correct on the instructions. Good luck with the install, you are going to love it I know I do.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:06 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram Crew Cab
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Silver
jdlatil is on a distinguished road

Completed the install on tail gate power lock. I guess everyone needs to check the pin location. On my 2010 Crew Cab the same as the 2009 instructions. Tan with light blue and tan with dark blue. Does not matter what year model just check the color in wire location 18 and 22. Thanks for everyone's input.
Also finished my mud flap install, I'll have to get some picture when weather improves
Old 02-19-2011, 10:56 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Gray
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
CT Ram Man is on a distinguished road

Nice job!! Is the options available for 04 3rd Gen?
Old 02-19-2011, 02:19 PM

Yeah I'm sure that there is a kit for the 04 or any ttruck that has a tailgate and power door locks
Old 02-21-2011, 01:52 PM

Vehicle: 2011 RAM 1500 Laramie Crewcab
Color: Black/Gold
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
RAMeister is on a distinguished road
Question

Kudos to IROCK and all the others for the excellent info in this thread!

QUESTION.

Will the kit shown in the original post:

"Mopar Power Tailgate Lock Actuator (P/N 82211668-AB)",

fit and function correctly on a 2011 RAM 1500 Crew cab with the factory rear camera?

In reviewing the MOPAR installation PDF it appears the wiring has change for 2011. Unless I'm reading the instructions incorrectly.

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Last edited by RAMeister; 02-21-2011 at 02:13 PM. Reason: Added PDF linkage
Old 02-21-2011, 08:16 PM

My 2010 has the camera and it works no problems. just follow the instructions particularly the cavity in the harness