DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Please help my window...

2K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  hemiv8dodgeram1500 
#1 ·
It's 28*F out, and I got into my truck and my window just dropped somewhere into my door and won't come back out. It's got power windows, I can hear the motor run when I push the button, but nothing happens. I think it came off of line, but I have never opened a door panel before, so I have no idea what to do... any help is appreciated.

#3 ·
Yeah but all the windows are up in your car huh?! It is everybit of 28* inside the truck right now! Im going to skip school cause of this.

#6 ·
im curious why you say use mopar instead of aftermarket.i've had nothin but problems with oem parts for all vehicles i've owned not to mention they're overpriced and never last long.all aftermarket products i've bought are at least half the price and i've never had to replace ever!!!

#5 ·
REMOVAL

1. Remove door trim panel.
  2. Remove water dam.
  3. Remove nuts attaching door glass to window regulator.
  4. Remove glass from door or move glass to full up position and secure glass to door with tape.
  5. Disengage power window motor wire connector from door harness, if equipped.
  6. Remove bolts attaching window regulator to inner door panel.
  7. Separate window regulator from door panel.
  8. Extract window regulator through access hole in inner door panel.
INSTALLATION

1. Position window regulator in door through access hole.
  2. Install bolts attaching window regulator to inner door panel.
  3. Engage power window motor wire connector to door harness, if equipped.
  4. Install glass in lift plate.
  5. Install water dam.
  6. Install door trim panel.

#8 ·
I say that because most of the time a customer brings me an aftermerket regulator/motor assembly, there's a problem with it. I've never had a problem with a Mopar unit in the 3 years I've been working at a Dodge dealership.The last one was a Doorman brand and a moving part of the regulator kept hitting the inside of the door about halfway down because it was made wrong. I installed a Mopar unit and the problem was fixed.

#10 ·
Well, I found that it had just came off the rails. Seems the ice and the glue had a tug of war this morning, and the ice had just beat the previous glue. Upon removing my door panel, I found that I have aftermarket speakers, SWEET! I would have never thought, there was no emblem or anything saying what they were, but there is no way those were stock.

Anyways, the window was sitting at the bottom of the door, and the rails were just sliding up against it, had to pull up the window and keep it propped up, meanwhile I removed the 2 rails that the window slides into, cleaned them up, cleaned the bottom of the window up, mixed some epoxy, and lathered it in the rails. In 4 hours, it's not going anywhere :)

In the picture, I propped up the window ontop of the rail, you can see how old that glue was that is on the window, it flaked off when you touched it.

#12 ·
Alright, thanks for helping me out this morning in my panic, I could have never afforded those parts, thank god it was just this.

#15 ·
Yeah me too! Would have hated to spend all that cash if something had broke!

I was totally amazed at finding those speakers, I want to get a good look at them and see if I can find a brand, man are they nice!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.