DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-12-2009, 09:49 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Dakota Club Cab 4X4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:1824
RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future

I don't think I've ever met a firefighter that doesn't own a nice truck! Hard to believe there are people stupid enough to stay in a high rise with a fire alarm going off. If I lived that far off the ground, don't think I wouldnt have a place to tie off, a rope and a rappel seat ready to go!
Sponsored links
Old 12-12-2009, 10:46 PM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3277
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

This happens all the time in the dorms in university. I know a lot of people got in trouble when security and the FD had to go through the rooms kicking people out when there was a fire up on the roof. Every room that was still occupied got fined after that; we'd all become so immune to the fire alarm since it got pulled at least once every 2 weeks.
Old 12-13-2009, 03:49 AM

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: 5.7L Hemi 4x4
Color: Graphite Gray
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:72
Incognito will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnoilRAM View Post
Aside from that Incognito, I totally agree; between my current safety job and other summer jobs I used to work, I know how you feel. I like #10 the best, at some site i'm just "that f**king annoying safety guy" but i'm there for RESCUE and to PREVENT the need for rescue... so why are you an ass to me? If you go down, your ass is relying on me!
I took training with WorkSafe BC to get my safety certification so I know exactly what you're talking about. I can tell you that working with safety equipment is a pain the arse in the roofing trade, it slows down your work progress and it's expensive to set up and maintain, but it's better than losing a life or injuring yourself. I used to hate working with safety equipment but now that it's saved me and my staff several times, I insist on using it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remerson228 View Post
I have nothing but the highest praise and respect for anyone that works any kind of any emergency services. If it weren't for their efforts, I wouldn't be here today. You all have my thanks for what you do!
I agree. My thanks to Winnipeg Fire Department, Winnipeg Ambulance Service, and Health Sciences Centre for saving my life from a car accident a little over a decade ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remerson228 View Post
Need a little masking noise, Blue?
Dayum!
Old 01-07-2011, 04:29 AM

Vehicle: 2002 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT Quad Cab
Color: Black
Engine: 2002-2003 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp 335lb/ft
Rep:869
jcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to behold

Okay, I know this thread is a bit old, but I'd like to add my experience. While I was in high school I worked at Taco Bell. The good ol' fast food joint. Let me just say, that job was stressful and funny at the time.

1) When you pull up to the speaker and we ask "Hi, how are you today?", don't respond with your order. You look like a jackass.

2) Just because we work fast food doesn't make us any less of a person than you. Some people may be shady, but some of us are nice people. Don't treat us like scum if you don't know us personally.

3) When something is wrong with your order, don't come back screaming to us. We're all human and make mistakes. If you come back screaming, don't expect any leaps and bounds in service. But, if you're nice to me, I'd offer you some cinnamon twists or a drink for your trouble.

4) When we ask you if you would like anything else, please answer! We can't read your mind! And when nothing else is said and you pull off the pad and get pissed at us, don't expect great service.

5) When we ask if you want any sauce with your order and you give us a blank stare, don't act like we're the dumb ones. Once again, we can't read your mind.

6) PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get off the cell phone. When you pull up and we ask you how you are, and you don't respond, don't hang up and say "Hello? Are you going to take my order?" That one will get an employee pissed off real quick.

7) We will treat you with respect if you do the same. At least I would.

8) When you order 50 tacos: 10 no lettuce, 10 easy cheese, 10 extra meat, 10 just meat, and 10 regular, along with a list of other things, don't expect it to be done in 30 seconds. It may be "fast" food, but we don't have 10 arms...lol

9) If you're handing the money or your card to the cashier and just let go without looking, don't get pissed at us for not being a pro outfielder. Good luck chasing that dollar bill.

10) My personal favorite. When we hand you your food or drink, please look to make sure you have a firm grip on it. You wouldn't believe how many people spill their drink all over them or drop their food all over the pavement. And when this happens, don't act like it was our fault. If you get pissy, we'll get pissy too.

Just thought I'd help everyone know the proper ordering rules
Old 01-07-2011, 11:50 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Sport Reg Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Sport Reg Cab
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:178
rdsabin has a spectacular aura aboutrdsabin has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnoilRAM View Post
I work nightshift alot and there's nothing worse than trying to sleep with a construction crew outside your window.
Well after serving in the US Navy I can sleep through just about anything, on the Coral Sea CVA-43 I slept just under the forecastle which is right below where the catapults stop. The ship would shake while launching aircraft and we would sleep through it. Let someone walk in to the compartment and talk we would wake up. So yes there is a lot of things worse than a construction crew outside your window, it is just how you deal with it.

My pet peave when I was a CVSO for the County was homeless and other Vets that hadn't had a bath or shower in month's and wanted to shut the door in my office. Now that sucks.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:34 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Copperhead Pearl
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:30
Ram1500SCC is on a distinguished road

Okay time to play the other side of the coin. I have worked in retail (ice cream shop and grocery store, and now a school system) and I know what a PITA customer is. But remember they are the reason we have joined this forum to show off our pretty little Dodge Rams. Without the customer who had 58 coupons, and only 32 items in "10 Items or Less line" or the customer who said every time I asked if they wanted "nuts" on their sundae and they replied, "No. I'm nuts enough." Or the customer who no matter what the total of the grocery order, would hand me the change and say, "Here's the cost." Then hand me the currency and say "Here's the profit!" Without all of their ignorance and impatience, we wouldn't have our shiny, modified, Hemi-powered, CAI'd, side window deflected, Factory Navved, Side Stepped, Bull Barred, Super Chipped, Rams
Old 01-07-2011, 07:56 PM

Vehicle: 2002 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT Quad Cab
Color: Black
Engine: 2002-2003 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp 335lb/ft
Rep:869
jcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram1500SCC View Post
Okay time to play the other side of the coin. I have worked in retail (ice cream shop and grocery store, and now a school system) and I know what a PITA customer is. But remember they are the reason we have joined this forum to show off our pretty little Dodge Rams. Without the customer who had 58 coupons, and only 32 items in "10 Items or Less line" or the customer who said every time I asked if they wanted "nuts" on their sundae and they replied, "No. I'm nuts enough." Or the customer who no matter what the total of the grocery order, would hand me the change and say, "Here's the cost." Then hand me the currency and say "Here's the profit!" Without all of their ignorance and impatience, we wouldn't have our shiny, modified, Hemi-powered, CAI'd, side window deflected, Factory Navved, Side Stepped, Bull Barred, Super Chipped, Rams
That is a great point! They do pay our checks