DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - News Desk > MOPAR NATION - Dodge Ram Club Regional Chapters! > Dodge Ram Forum CANADA

Notices

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-30-2013, 01:25 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: PRP Deep Cherry Red
Rep:75
CherryRam will become famous soon enough

Well it's going to cost me about 3300 to fix the taxi. Still less than I'd being paying in insurance for the next 6 years since insurance called it a 50/50 hit which still puts a mark against me. Question though, anyone know if in the pic in where the headlight goes there's the black plastic piece sitting behind the grille, it looks like that's what the headlight mounted to. I can't tell if that's a complete header panel that goes all the way across the front or if it's a separate mount for each headlight. All I can find online is a rad support (which may be what it is anyways)

12' Ram 1500 Sport ~Moe's 87mm Throttle Body~Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust~Diablo Trinity Tuner~Vararam Intake~Custom Retro'd Headlights~And Plenty of Other Mods~
03' Acura RSX-S
07' Suzuki GSXR 750
Sponsored links
Old 05-30-2013, 10:00 PM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3277
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

I can only find part numbers for the lamp bracket... but it says w/o sport, so I don't know if it's a different bracket between the trims, I doubt it though since the headlights physically bolt into place. I would call Dave at Airdrie Chrysler and have them look it up for you.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:06 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Got it figured out today. Took it to eastside's bodyshop. It is a complete rad support. The fog lamp is fine but the absorber that holds it is broken, might just glue it. Also noticed he did tag my frame, just a little dent and the paints chipped but wow. Gotta say love my truck but this thing might as well be made of tin foil! Would hate to see a heavy hit on one for saying I was doing about 30 and he was doing about 50 and it was a sideswipe not a full force hit :/

12' Ram 1500 Sport ~Moe's 87mm Throttle Body~Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust~Diablo Trinity Tuner~Vararam Intake~Custom Retro'd Headlights~And Plenty of Other Mods~
03' Acura RSX-S
07' Suzuki GSXR 750
Old 05-31-2013, 12:31 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 2500 Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Bright Metalic Grey
Engine: 2014-20?? 392ci (6.4L) Hemi V8 410hp 429lb/ft
Rep:72
LC Hauler will become famous soon enough

You have to take into account the variance in vehicle height. He was probably low enough to clip the front portion and push the guts into the frame. My driver at work yesterday took a good imprint of a Hyundai Elantra's rear bumper into the front fascia of a 13' chev suburban at less than 5 kms pr/hr.
Old 05-31-2013, 03:52 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 Q/C
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Patriot Blue
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
RonenOsden is on a distinguished road

Doesn't help, that most any vehicle nowadays is 20-40% plastic. and the steel is thinner. My grandfather had a Ford LTD from new. It took out 18 newer cars before he died. Quite proud of that
Old 05-31-2013, 07:50 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Crew
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:11
Flygt is on a distinguished road

my truck is only 26 months old and is now 60586km on it. Think their may be a problem with their odometer LOL
Old 05-31-2013, 09:33 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Beating you lol, only 9 months and I'm at 30000. Which will slow down now that I bought a beater car haha.

Yea they make them with too much plastic. I had always assumed it was just a plastic over. The actual rebar is SMALL! And the flimsy plastic "absorber" well it isn't going to absorb much if you ask me. But parts got ordered today. Hopefully back to being pretty in a couple weeks. Thinking debadge time too while I'm at it and a set of tow hooks. I wish they made a wider variety of hoods for the 4th gens or I'd slap a cool hood on it too but I haven't found one I like. They lack in exterior mods in general I've noticed aside from flares, bull bars and side steps.

03' Acura RSX-S
07' Suzuki GSXR 750
Old 05-31-2013, 10:00 PM
I push the skinny pedal

CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Ain't that the truth! The only body kits are from Mopar, and when I talked to Street Scenes or they said they had no plans to do a kit, and the ones from Extreme Dimensions look no different than stock. Hoods are limited as well, you have Suncoast, APM, or the sport hood.
Old 05-31-2013, 11:48 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

I'm surprised they haven't done much for exterior stuff. The body style is 5 years old now and is a popular enough truck. Even offroad and armoured bumpers are very limited for the 1500s. The painted bumper is nice but even just a lip kit to give it that performance look like the SRT8s had would be nice. Or a different spoiler for the tailgate that had just a little bit more of a fin would be neat too. Weird for me I guess, I came from the world of s10s and sonomas where the aftermarket parts are such a wide range for styling. I'm not used to being so limited in personalizing my truck. Still need a set of 18's for my offroad/winter tires though.

03' Acura RSX-S
07' Suzuki GSXR 750
Old 06-01-2013, 12:17 AM
I push the skinny pedal

Welcome to Mopar, my dear.