DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - News Desk > MOPAR NATION - Dodge Ram Club Regional Chapters! > Dodge Ram Forum CANADA

Notices

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-22-2013, 06:51 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Inferno Red
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:64
Banzai will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Banzai Send a message via Yahoo to Banzai

even the cop who pulled me over saiid IN HIS STATEMENT, "no signs of impairment"

2009 Ram Sport 1500 4x4
22" Black Rhino Traverses | AFE S2 | Magnaflow | Tinted Tails/3rd brake light | BT Catchcan | 6000k HID Fogs | Debadged | Tinted | RhinoLinings Bedliner
Sponsored links
Old 07-23-2013, 12:44 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 2500 Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Bright Metalic Grey
Engine: 2014-20?? 392ci (6.4L) Hemi V8 410hp 429lb/ft
Rep:72
LC Hauler will become famous soon enough

Old 07-23-2013, 12:45 AM

I can drink a case of beer (15) and even I know I show impairment. I feel fine and I can walk a straight line and keep a normal conversation and I'm only 5'7 126lbs on a good day.

Last edited by LC Hauler; 07-23-2013 at 12:51 AM.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:40 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Ram 1500 4x4
Color: Inferno Red
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:64
Banzai will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Banzai Send a message via Yahoo to Banzai

Im just frustrated.. 9 months so far. Guilty until proven innocent..

2009 Ram Sport 1500 4x4
22" Black Rhino Traverses | AFE S2 | Magnaflow | Tinted Tails/3rd brake light | BT Catchcan | 6000k HID Fogs | Debadged | Tinted | RhinoLinings Bedliner
Old 07-23-2013, 09:13 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Color: PRP Deep Cherry Red
Rep:75
CherryRam will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemenz View Post
Impairment is in the consideration, hundreds of thousands of tests prove that your BAC level directly relates to your impairment, this isn't even debatable. I implore you to find a test where someone drinks 26oz of vodka and does not show signs of impairment.

I mentioned that no good can come of this discussion.
12 posts in and you thought it was a good idea to debate this?

blood alcohol levels mean nothing, that as well is proven, someone with a high level can still be quite sober while me I'm 3 rum and cokes in and can't stand, partially because I'm 5'3" and 115lbs but do I blow over the limit? nope. The problem itself is that people who are so obviously intoxicated will still get behind the wheel, a DUI doesn't scare them, potentially killing people doesn't scare them. So why bring a law in to ruin the evening of someone who is smart about their alcohol consumption or someone who handles it just fine in hopes that you might which is unlikely but just might stop someone who can't handle their liquor and drive drunk. It's rediculous. But who are we the peons of society to say yay or nay to a decision on a new law that was based on botched statitsics by a premier who needs to step down before someone tries to shoot her at the next press confrence. Just saying here, just saying. Tell me how my friend who got caught doing 260kms an hour on the highway got to take his bike home and 6 months later in court was handed nothing more than a 10 day suspension of his license. Who's the person really putting lives at risk Banzai who wasn't really impared or my friend who's reaction time at that speed was out the window?

12' Ram 1500 Sport ~Moe's 87mm Throttle Body~Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust~Diablo Trinity Tuner~Vararam Intake~Custom Retro'd Headlights~And Plenty of Other Mods~
03' Acura RSX-S
07' Suzuki GSXR 750
Old 07-23-2013, 10:15 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Bighorn
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Diemenz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryRam View Post
12 posts in and you thought it was a good idea to debate this?

blood alcohol levels mean nothing, that as well is proven, someone with a high level can still be quite sober while me I'm 3 rum and cokes in and can't stand, partially because I'm 5'3" and 115lbs but do I blow over the limit? nope. The problem itself is that people who are so obviously intoxicated will still get behind the wheel, a DUI doesn't scare them, potentially killing people doesn't scare them. So why bring a law in to ruin the evening of someone who is smart about their alcohol consumption or someone who handles it just fine in hopes that you might which is unlikely but just might stop someone who can't handle their liquor and drive drunk. It's rediculous. But who are we the peons of society to say yay or nay to a decision on a new law that was based on botched statitsics by a premier who needs to step down before someone tries to shoot her at the next press confrence. Just saying here, just saying. Tell me how my friend who got caught doing 260kms an hour on the highway got to take his bike home and 6 months later in court was handed nothing more than a 10 day suspension of his license. Who's the person really putting lives at risk Banzai who wasn't really impared or my friend who's reaction time at that speed was out the window?
How many posts does one need to have to participate in a discussion...........on a discussion board? After I reach that magical post mark how many more does it take before I am allowed to have an opinion? Is it ok if that opinion does match yours, or will it be greeted with hostility like my last post was.

If you notice not once in my posts did I say anything bad about Banzai or say that HE was impaired and shouldn't be driving. All I did was say why i didn't agree the limit was bullshit. The great thing about discussion forums is not everyone has to agree with you and it leads to discussion where all parties involved get to learn more about the topic.

For example, I have not seen any of the well proven tests that show blood alcohol means nothing. I even spent 45 minutes googling blood alcohol tests, blood alcohol impairment, blood alcohol BAC level impairment and so on. I was unable to find anything stating that blood alcohol level means nothing. I actually found about 40 tests and articles by accredited university's stating the exact opposite. This does not mean they do not exist it just means I was unable to find any.

Remember in my post where I said
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemenz View Post
I understand that people have different tolerances and each persons BAC level is dependant upon a multitude of factors
Nowhere am I saying that Banzai was impaired because of his BAC level or that he shouldnt be driving, as matter of fact I am agreeing that BAC levels are very subjective....yet in your post you imply I said so by giving the example of your friend driving way over the speed limit (which really has no basis on an impairment discussion unless he was speeding and drinking) and then asking me who is putting people at risk. How can I possibly answer a question with no knowledge of either incident. Was it a rhetorical question and if so what was its point?

Please be clear, I said nothing about him putting people at risk, read over my posts again. I have absolutely no problem with being wrong in a discussion, I'm married so my wife informs me I am wrong a lot.

I applaud that you have done your own tests by having 3 rum and cokes and then using a breathalyzer and noticing you did not blow over the limit. I too was also curious which is why I participated in the test I mentioned in my other post. I come to a forum to gain knowledge and I would gladly read any information you have on those tests that blood alcohol means nothing because it will better educate me on the topic.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:39 PM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3277
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

What it comes down to is this is a discussion that shouldn't be taking place in this particular thread. If you want to debate the implications and legal ramifications of drinking and driving, whether legally impaired or not, you should start a thread of it's own and bring in input from others.
Old 07-24-2013, 12:59 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Color: PRP Deep Cherry Red
Rep:75
CherryRam will become famous soon enough

Sorry Kurtis, I held my tongue for a while but he p'd me off. It shouldn't be discussed here, it really wasn't a discussion at first but simply a conversation and he even after saying it was far to debatable a topic decided to throw his unasked for opinion in anyways. The point of it all was that it sucks Banzai has been so screwed over by it.

12' Ram 1500 Sport ~Moe's 87mm Throttle Body~Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust~Diablo Trinity Tuner~Vararam Intake~Custom Retro'd Headlights~And Plenty of Other Mods~
03' Acura RSX-S
07' Suzuki GSXR 750
Old 07-24-2013, 01:30 AM

Wow I actually thought conversation was quiet amicable and very unbiased, Cherry you took it to a whole new level. I agree with diemenz and banzai, the subject is debatable and can be mirrored to the turbo vs sc debate no one will have the right answer, however opinions can vary, the thread was actually a good read until it went a whole new direction and funny the only person having any issues in here was cherry.
Old 07-24-2013, 01:44 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Bighorn
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Diemenz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryRam View Post
Sorry Kurtis, I held my tongue for a while but he p'd me off. It shouldn't be discussed here, it really wasn't a discussion at first but simply a conversation and he even after saying it was far to debatable a topic decided to throw his unasked for opinion in anyways. The point of it all was that it sucks Banzai has been so screwed over by it.
I apologize that I upset you because my opinion differs from your own, that was not my intention. Lets agree to disagree, keep this mature and move on.