DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - News Desk > Automotive Industry News and Dodge Press Releases

Notices

Automotive Industry News and Dodge Press Releases News regarding the Dodge Ram and other industry info. Post it here!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-20-2009, 12:59 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Rep:41
fireman is on a distinguished road

To the Original Poster. You are a consumer, thus you have the power to make consumer decisions that affect the way manufacturers design and build their products. Let the money in your pocket do the talking.

If you feel you can get better value for your money with a different product, I suggest you do so. However getting angry on the internet and discussing it with a bunch of guys that love their rams............not going to get you what you want.

You may want to ponder that awhile.
Sponsored links
Old 12-20-2009, 03:25 PM

Vehicle: 1985 Dodge D250 5.9 2WD
Color: Faded Gray
Engine: 1981-1988 360ci (5.9L) LA V8 170hp
Rep:10
MoparGuy86 is on a distinguished road

I for one love this thread for one reason... I will listen to guys who love their rams talk all day, But when you throw one guy in that starts bad mouthing it, well they start defending it and talking about the true quallities of their truck it just goes to show ya how much they really do love them. I mean for real after beign with your wife or girlfriend for a few years I'm sure she has had a flaw or "cracked dash" or two, but ya grow to love it because you love the whole package, and if ya don't, it's time to part ways with it and get a newer, less mileage model.
Old 12-20-2009, 06:38 PM

Vehicle: 2002 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Bright Red
Engine: 2002-2003 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp 335lb/ft
Rep:11
Zekery360 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoparGuy86 View Post
I for one love this thread for one reason... I will listen to guys who love their rams talk all day, But when you throw one guy in that starts bad mouthing it, well they start defending it and talking about the true quallities of their truck it just goes to show ya how much they really do love them. I mean for real after beign with your wife or girlfriend for a few years I'm sure she has had a flaw or "cracked dash" or two, but ya grow to love it because you love the whole package, and if ya don't, it's time to part ways with it and get a newer, less mileage model.
This, seriously, is the best post. The wife/girlfriend analogy is great man. And it is so incredibly true. Nothing, even a Ram, is perfect. As much as we want them to be, everything has problems. I would rather take a cracked dash over a blown motor.
Old 12-20-2009, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpaclint View Post
you are either blind, or dont read the posts on this dodge ram forum.
i guess if i thought my Chevrolet was falling apart this is where i should come to bitch.
---------RAM TOUGH------total B.S
I am on this forum every day, for your information. I read every thread that intresests me, or if its one I feel I can help with, I will post some advice. If you want to whine, this is not the place to whine. About anything. I have been proud of my Ram and will defend it until I die doing so if I have to. I just don't understand why you would come here to complain about your Ram's dash, which isn't even a big deal. I drive my Ram because it looks great AND works harder then most trucks I see. It has everything I could ever want in a pickup. Even when we get upset at our trucks, we never flame them like you did in your original post. I just think maybe you should write a coherent letter to Chrysler if you want to complain about your dash issues.
Old 12-20-2009, 10:42 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Dakota Club Cab 4X4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:1824
RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future

I wonder what window tint and those cardboard things that go in the windshield are for???
Old 12-20-2009, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remerson228 View Post
I wonder what window tint and those cardboard things that go in the windshield are for???
Give the old man a break, all this newfangled technology is confusing ya know.
Old 12-20-2009, 11:25 PM

Vehicle: '01 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport with Off-Road
Color: Intense Blue
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:1588
Toms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpaclint View Post
you know,,,that is the best idea yet,,,,it would be the best thing in the whole damn truck
Don't forget , "We need pics" or
Old 12-21-2009, 12:40 PM

Vehicle: 2002 Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Color: Silver
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:91
Bobcat06 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoparGuy86 View Post
I mean for real after beign with your wife or girlfriend for a few years I'm sure she has had a flaw or "cracked dash" or two, but ya grow to love it because you love the whole package, and if ya don't, it's time to part ways with it and get a newer, less mileage model.
Wait a minute, I thought this was a truck forum. Are we still talking about trucks here?
Old 12-22-2009, 08:23 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Silver
Engine: 2008-2008 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:19
BuckBilly is on a distinguished road

Sorry to here about your unhappiness with Dodge. As for myself , I'm a former Chevy fan and owner for 22 yrs. The last 3 GM vehicle I have owned were nickel and dimes. I bought an 09 Ram a month ago and a 2010 Avenger R/T. Some of the best handling and riding vehicle I have owned since the early 90's. All manufacturers have there birth defeats. Some are model problems and some are piss poor design.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:11 PM

Vehicle: 2008 Ram QC
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Electric Blue Pearlcoat
Engine: 2008-2008 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:35
rjs2005 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to rjs2005

Granpaclint:

If your intention was to troll up some conversation, congratulations, you accomplished your goal. If you truly want to vent your spleen over a failing dashboard on a 14 year old pickup truck and decided to lambast the entire Chrysler organization as well, you shouldn't really be surprised if you get flak for it on a DODGE RAM FORUM. This forum is made up of enthusiasts who enjoy their Rams and want to derive maximum enjoyment from it.

I've had my issues with Chryco in the past. My '85 Lancer kept eating speedometer cables, my '86 600 Coupe's landau top flaked, my '05 Magnum's differential seals leaked, both front and side, and I took all these issues directly to the dealer. The common thread is all of these vehicles were purchased NEW AT A DODGE DEALER. If you buy a vehicle second hand, you accept responsibility for issues that develop with that vehicle in the future, unless it is pre-negotiated at the time of sale, either by direct input (fix this before I buy) or a warranty that covers the repair. It's unfortunate that your dash has failed, but really now: Do you honestly believe that a manufacturer is going to cover that cost on a vehicle 14 years old?!? Even if they do, as stated before, the part being installed is going to be just about as old as the vehicle it's being put in. I mean you do realize when you order a part, they don't just push a button and a new part is instantly made, don't you?

Continuing on, you might want to check out newer Dodges. As with all vehicles, quality has improved. Sure, Chrysler has made it's share of "dogs", I'm not a big fan of the Caliber or the Avenger, but there are those who love them, and that's all right. I just don't buy one. Problem solved. Newer Dodge pickups are the most highly rated trucks on the market today for a reason: They are stylish, rugged, powerful trucks that last. Having said all that, if I thought my Dodge was a big ol' stinkin POS as you feel, I wouldn't continue driving it. I'd go get something else.

One final thought. You need to learn the meaning of "An Open Letter to..". Posting an open letter on a fan forum is hardly an "open letter". Yes, I'm sure someone at Chrysler probably reviews this and all the other Mopar-centric forums, but I doubt they spend the time necessary to dig deep and find your rant. If you really want to hear from them, contact them directly. I did when I was dissappointed they weren't putting a manual tranny in the Challenger SE. They contacted me back and explained their position. Their position may not have made me happy, but at least I knew why they did what they did. I got much more than going to the Challenger Forumz and whining about no stick shift in my SE.