DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 2ND Generation Dodge Ram 1994 to 2001 Dodge Ram Trucks > Powertrain > 5.9L V8 Specific Topics
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-20-2009, 09:28 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1995 2500hd ram
Trim Level: base
Color: burgundy/black/rust
Engine: 1994-1997 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp
Rep:17
hooptycuztom is on a distinguished road
Default 95 2500,CHECK ENGINE light video,tell me what get,

well i got his back in aug for 1000 bucks been trying to fix some of the problems but not sure if i am counting the flashes right, the only code ive been getting is a 32 EGR,
now today i went from NC to VA about 160 mile round trip, check engine light came on about the time i got there, i just figured it was the egr again, but this time i got more codes
well i got his back in aug for 1000 bucks been trying to fix some of the problems but not sure if i am counting the flashes right, the only code ive been getting is a 32 EGR,
now today i went from NC to VA about 160 mile round trip, check engine light came on about the time i got there, i just figured it was the egr again, but this time i got more codes

what i get from this is
12 BATTERY DISCONNECT- is very possible because i jumped someone off an the battery cable came loose an moved when hooking up the jumper cables, so not to worried about this one

32 EGR, nothing new

17 ENGINE IS COLD TO LONG- i always check my gauges constantly, every time i looked at the temp it was right below 200, same place it always is

55 end codes

heres a link for the list of codes
http://dodgeram.info/Engine-Gas/OBDI/pcm_fault_code.htm

[URL=

Last edited by hooptycuztom; 12-20-2009 at 09:32 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 12-20-2009, 09:29 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2004 Dakota Club Cab 4X4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Bright Silver
Rep:1885
RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future

What other codes did you get?
Old 12-20-2009, 09:36 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

its all there now i was having problems when i first posted it,sorry
Old 12-20-2009, 09:38 PM

RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future

12 isn't an issue. 17 is probably a missing or stuck open thermostat. 32 you need to have checked as this can become a performance issue.
Old 12-20-2009, 09:55 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

well im a mechanic, so i can fix it no problem, it was just the way this dodge flashes the codes was confusing the crap outta me, i dont normally work on dodge but since i have one now i will be working on it,

once i recorded it then came in the house an watched it i finally got it all with my pen an paper sitting here an being able to pause it

this things got brake problems, brakes pull to the right bad, changed the calipers so far next will be the pads an rotors, then to the rears, the adjuster on the rears are rusted to the point they dont move at all not even with vise grips,lol

along with severe rust issues the engine is rusted to the point there is still one spark plug i have not been able to get a socket to, it seems like the block rusted around the spark plug tube an closed the tube to the point that a socket will not fit, some of the other plugs i used a 2ft ext on an a hammer to drive the socket to the plug to get them out but that does not work on this one plug
Old 12-20-2009, 10:00 PM

Hope it isn't cross threaded. That would suck. The flashes can be confusing because of the way it repeats the codes.
Old 12-20-2009, 10:34 PM

Vehicle: '01 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport with Off-Road
Color: Intense Blue
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:1588
Toms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant future

If your codes are correct , put a thermostat in it .