DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2010 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2010 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the new 2010 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-21-2009, 02:49 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
StuartV is on a distinguished road

Maybe you'll be lucky and Dodge has changed the manufacturing so that they use the iPod-compatible Peikner module now when you order the factory UConnect option. But, I only found the info on the part #s by searching all the Dodge forums I could find and discovering that it seems like every '09 Ram with a REN has the same issue I did.
Sponsored links
Old 12-21-2009, 03:00 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:45
Ray is on a distinguished road

I asked the rep about the mp3 connect on the 09's that come standard and he said it will play any mp3 player including an iPod but doesn't charge them
Mods:Mopar fiber glass Tonneau cover,Nerf Bars,Bully Hitch bar,husky mud guards,stubby antenna,Edge guards,weather mats,20%tint all around+windsheild,lisence plate covers,Upgrage to REN w/back up cam,Magnaflow 18, putco bulbs,LED interior/plate bulbs,viper smartstart

Old 12-21-2009, 03:10 PM

I also seen a few videos on you tube of some 2010's and they showed an cable for the iPod in the glove box that came from the factory. My dam truck was shipped to jersey 4 days ago and my dealer still hasn't recieved it yet in new York and I know more about it then the rep
Mods:Mopar fiber glass Tonneau cover,Nerf Bars,Bully Hitch bar,husky mud guards,stubby antenna,Edge guards,weather mats,20%tint all around+windsheild,lisence plate covers,Upgrage to REN w/back up cam,Magnaflow 18, putco bulbs,LED interior/plate bulbs,viper smartstart

Old 12-21-2009, 03:12 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Dakota Club Cab 4X4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:1824
RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future

It WILL charge through the cable but not the aux input. The rep is an idiot.
Old 12-21-2009, 03:46 PM

Thx Stuart for the info. I guess I will just have to wait and see how mine comes

Old 12-21-2009, 03:55 PM

He is an idiot and I am starting to get pissed off with him. I gave Him the sale on a silver platter. I walked in the dealer knowing exactly what I wanted. It was the end of the year and they had no stock so I went with the 2010 and got the specs the way I wanted it. The only thing I messed up with was the radio. I didn't know there were different options even if u don't get the nav

Old 12-21-2009, 04:04 PM

Does anybody know what the standard radio is that comes with sport if you don't get the nav. Will it have a touch screen?

Old 12-21-2009, 05:17 PM

Before I bought my truck, I looked at several different 2010 Laramies. Every one of them that had Nav from the factory also had a cable in the upper glove box and a spot to plug it into. That cable allowed the factory head unit to control and charge the iPod. I plugged my iPod into one of them just to try it out.

My '09 with the REN radio works just the same, now that I upgraded my UConnect module and put the cable in.

I didn't look at any without Nav, so I don't know if the 2010s with no Nav, but with REN and UConnect, are setup the same as the 2010s with Nav.

Ray, the bottom line for you is, if you told them you want to be able to use your iPod then, when the truck comes, if it doesn't have the correct setup, you oughta be able to get them to update it for you for no extra cost. And the WORST case is, roughly $300 in parts and 20 minutes to put them in will get you going. Even if you have to pay that yourself, getting them to roll it into the price of the truck should only affect your payment a very small amount.

OTOH, if you DO find that you would have to pay for the parts, you might consider spending a similar amount of money on an Allgig iPod dock. I haven't seen one in person, but from what I can tell, that module would let you control your iPod from the head unit (I think), and it would also let you play video from an iPod Video or iPod Touch on the in-dash LCD screen. Having a 160GB iPod Classic, stuffed full of music and movies, and having it tucked away in the glove box, while being able to listen/watch it would be pretty sweet.
Old 12-21-2009, 06:26 PM

Thx again Stuart. I only had a chance to test drive a SLT with not many options and no dealership in my area had any 09 or 10 in stock. So I had to pretty much order things without getting a chance to play with them. The dealer just called me and I pick it up on wed

Old 12-21-2009, 10:23 PM

Good luck and enjoy! I've had 20 years of Fords, but I LOVE my first Ram!!!